5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picking up my new to me 2019 Ram tomorrow

Gs72174

Reaction score
I’m happy to say that after searching for 2 and a half months, I’ve found a 2019 Ram Big Horn with black appearance package and most of the options I wanted for less than 40 out the door. It’s a used 2019 but it’s cheaper than anything I’ve seen. I’ll be flying out from Roanoke,VA and heading to Lexington KY to go pick it up from Glenn Freedom CDJR and driving back home with it.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats. Good luck. Make sure you look it over THOROUGHLY before accepting delivery. Change under the mats for water leaks and see if if smells wet etc. Check all paint. Etc etc. Try to check for as many issues as you can that you see on this forum. Also take it for a thorough test drive first. Hope all goes well! If it does you will be very happy.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Gs72174

Reaction score
Congrats. Good luck. Make sure you look it over THOROUGHLY before accepting delivery. Change under the mats for water leaks and see if if smells wet etc. Check all paint. Etc etc. Try to check for as many issues as you can that you see on this forum. Also take it for a thorough test drive first. Hope all goes well! If it does you will be very happy.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
Thanks so much for the heads up on those rebates and the advice. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. The dealership has good reviews so I’m very optimistic.

Geobound

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck, best of luck on your journey home with your new toy!

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures as well. (y)

Gs72174

Reaction score
So I’m having issues with the truck. The next morning when I started the truck, the check engine light came on. I contacted the dealer about It and was told that the manager would contact me. Well I contacted them this morning, Monday and it’s 6:00 and not a word from the manager still.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’m having issues with the truck. The next morning when I started the truck, the check engine light came on. I contacted the dealer about It and was told that the manager would contact me. Well I contacted them this morning, Monday and it’s 6:00 and not a word from the manager still.
It could just be the Evap code; which will usually go away on its own. Do you have a code reader?

Gs72174

Reaction score
It could just be the Evap code; which will usually go away on its own. Do you have a code reader?
The code was U11E9. I was told by the dealership it was for the active grill shutters. The dealership had replaced the shutters the day before and they told me they just forgot to flash the computer. Well it’s on again and I had autozone pull the code and it’s the same code.

RJS

Reaction score
The code was U11E9. I was told by the dealership it was for the active grill shutters. The dealership had replaced the shutters the day before and they told me they just forgot to flash the computer. Well it’s on again and I had autozone pull the code and it’s the same code.
That's a pisser but it's under warranty. Take it to a local dealer and have it diagnosed and repaired, then you'll have data to know where to go from there.

Geobound

Reaction score
Nice looking truck. (y)

I'd be a little worried that it was sold as used, and then they admitted that they already changed the active shutters just before selling it to you.

I'd take it to a different dealership for analysis if I were you.

Gs72174

Reaction score
Nice looking truck. (y)

I'd be a little worried that it was sold as used, and then they admitted that they already changed the active shutters just before selling it to you.

I'd take it to a different dealership for analysis if I were you.
I have no choice but to take it to another dealership. I bought at a dealer in Lexington, KY and I live 6 hours away in southwest VA.
I can’t wait to get a survey. At least it has remainder of the original warranty and it was a CPO vehicle and I did get a really good price on it.

Gs72174

Reaction score
Well they had to sell as used since it had already had one owner. I have no choice but to take it to another dealership. I bought at a dealer in Lexington, KY and I live 6 hours away in southwest VA.
I can’t wait to get a survey. At least it has remainder of the original warranty and it was a CPO vehicle and I did get a really good price on it.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many miles are on the Ram? Did the dealer tell you why the original owner got rid of it? I wonder why the dealer had to change out the active shutters? Hopefully it wasn't because of front end damage. I'm sure your local dealer will get everything repaired. Keep us informed. Good luck! (y)

RamCares

Reaction score

Hi Gs72174,

I sincerely regret to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your new truck! As you are planning to follow up with a local dealer for further diagnosis, I wanted to let you know that our team would be more than willing to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process. We are just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Gs72174

Reaction score
I finally spoke to the general manager and he apologized for all the issues I was having. He assured me that any costs that may come from getting the check engine light issue resolved would be taking care of. He also compensated me financially. Unfortunately the local Ram dealer can’t work on my truck until next Wednesday but I have relief knowing the dealership I bought the truck from has taken responsibility for what’s happened and want to make sure I’m satisfied.

RamCares

Reaction score
I finally spoke to the general manager and he apologized for all the issues I was having. He assured me that any costs that may come from getting the check engine light issue resolved would be taking care of. He also compensated me financially. Unfortunately the local Ram dealer can’t work on my truck until next Wednesday but I have relief knowing the dealership I bought the truck from has taken responsibility for what’s happened and want to make sure I’m satisfied.

Thank you for following up to provide this update, Gs72174. I am very happy to hear that your selling dealer has taken steps to make this right for you. Our team is just a PM away if you would like additional support while your truck is being diagnosed at your local dealer.

Mark
RamCares

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Beautiful truck!! I have a love hate relationship with black vehicles because im OCD about them being clean lol. Sorry to hear about your issues hopefully they get resolved next week!

Gs72174

Reaction score
Beautiful truck!! I have a love hate relationship with black vehicles because im OCD about them being clean lol. Sorry to hear about your issues hopefully they get resolved next week!
I know how you feel. I love the look of a clean black truck but keeping it clean will be a tough thing for me since I live out in the country and I’m on job sites all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread