5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance

Backinblk

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been discussed. But what did everyone do for exhaust to see real number gains? Headers? Y pipes? Resonator delete? I think I wanna do a borla S type or atak.

Joshohol

Reaction score
I mean i didn't see any gain from the intake, moes throttle body, borla atak. I saw a gain from the pulsar, diablosport and even something as simple as running 93 octane fuel

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

ljndralec

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been discussed. But what did everyone do for exhaust to see real number gains? Headers? Y pipes? Resonator delete? I think I wanna do a borla S type or atak.
i put a k&n intake on my 2019 ram big horn i dont have numbers but i do feel more power better acceleration and a nice rumble. my next upgrades probably long tubes borla atak exhaust and a diablo tuner when i put them ill comment my exoerience

Ramtrx

Reaction score
Cam will give you biggest gains. And a tuner. Intake, long tubes. I used an x pipe and truck loved it. Heads will help after all this other stuff is done.

ljndralec

Reaction score
Cam will give you biggest gains. And a tuner. Intake, long tubes. I used an x pipe and truck loved it. Heads will help after all this other stuff is done.
which cam do you recomend? is there a certain brand?

Ramtrx

Reaction score
which cam do you recomend? is there a certain brand?
There are a few guys who will grind you a cam. Modern muscle, Greene performance, Texas performance. And I’m sure the list is long. You can talk to these guys and see what they recommend for the type of performance you are looking for. There are different grinds for different purposes and mods and things like that. These forums are full of different guys mods and cams they got. Best to search and see what you can read. Cause there is a lot of info on here.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added the B2 Fabrications (Moderate) Magnaflow Performance Exhaust. Sounds great but did not realize any performance gains.

I have noticed huge improvement in Performance / Power / Throttle Response from the RAM Airflow however.

At least 30 HP Gain in my opinion, but I do not have a dyno to prove it.

RAM_Airflow_Filter.jpg
RAMAIR_After_Side.png

Utz

Reaction score
I added the B2 Fabrications (Moderate) Magnaflow Performance Exhaust. Sounds great but did not realize any performance gains.

I have noticed huge improvement in Performance / Power / Throttle Response from the RAM Airflow however.

At least 30 HP Gain in my opinion, but I do not have a dyno to prove it.

View attachment 62269
View attachment 62270
What did the ram airflow run you?

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Looks like the ram flow sucks air from the upper radiator area which passes through the a/c condenser first... hardly even a "cold air" intake.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the ram flow sucks air from the upper radiator area which passes through the a/c condenser first... hardly even a "cold air" intake.

I believe there is a large empty space under that front piece, above the rad/condenser, so that the intake pulls it from in front. However, someone who's installed one would have to confirm that.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cam, upgraded valve train, LTs , 84mm tb ecm/tcm tuning. Will be a mean ride.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Also states “off road use only” so definitely can’t put in on here in Cali (well you could but better keep the original or plan on selling the vehicle when it comes smog test time) until it gets CARB approved

Users who are viewing this thread