5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peragon Truck Bed Cover

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Hey, was wondering if anyone had experience with this fold tonneau? It seems like it fits my needs/wants. It a locking, secure hardcover and I can open my bed back up alone if need be. Price wasn't bad either, about 899 if I remember correctly. The only thing is, they may have sized it wrong, its listed as 6'2" on their website. Hopefully that's just an error.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Had one on my 3rd gen. It leaked water bad and never open and closed smoothly. Was nothing but trouble for me. After years ended up scrapping it for aluminum.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Had one on my 3rd gen. It leaked water bad and never open and closed smoothly. Was nothing but trouble for me. After years ended up scrapping it for aluminum.

😭😢😥
That does not bode well. Any chance they're better now? What are you using now?

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score

That does not bode well. Any chance they're better now? What are you using now?
Have a bakflip g2 on my 20 love it. After the paragon on my 3rd gen, I got a cheap Tyger trifold off Amazon. It served its purpose until I sold truck. But said I'd never buy another paragon, was a huge waste of money imo.

Bustedgrills

Reaction score
I have the peragon on my 2021 1500 with 5'7" bed...Im very happy with it...its not 100% waterproof, but even with heavy rain or washing the truck there are only a few drops of water..

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I have the peragon on my 2021 1500 with 5'7" bed...Im very happy with it...its not 100% waterproof, but even with heavy rain or washing the truck there are only a few drops of water..
Cool, cool. You ever have issues with folding it in because of stuff in the front of the bed?

Kienvu14

Reaction score
Like others said. I have one and it is definitely not waterproof but it’s awesome. I dislike the bakflip covering the rear window when open. There will be water seepage into the bed when washing/rain but only a little. I only had water drops at the corners/edge of the cover. So if you have stuff that you don’t want getting wet, store it in the middle of the bed. I’ve never had an issue opening or closing it in the past year of ownership.

Opening only sucks if you forget something towards the front of the bed that’s higher than the bracket that allows the panel to open. I don’t store much but I keep it tied towards the tailgate. I love mine for what I need.

Do you have a lot of stuff you’ll store in the bed? Or just every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kienvu14

Reaction score
Dont have truck yet, just getting a feel for what I want/need. Will probably be keeping tools and such in bed.

It’s something to consider with it. You won’t be able to open it if there is anything higher than the V track in the front. But I only keep enough tools that are kept towards the tailgate with a ghetto 2x4 divider haha. I love mine, just don’t go in thinking it’s 100% water proof, but it’s not like it lets an insane amount of water in.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
It’s something to consider with it. You won’t be able to open it if there is anything higher than the V track in the front. But I only keep enough tools that are kept towards the tailgate with a ghetto 2x4 divider haha. I love mine, just don’t go in thinking it’s 100% water proof, but it’s not like it lets an insane amount of water in.

Started looking at the Lomax folding cover. I like the locking feature of the Peragon, but it seems like it would take much pressure/force to open it if not locked and I'm not entire happy with the way I could be unable to open, if stuff shift around bed. Most of my tools will be in some type of container, though.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use a Paragon bed cover and am quite happy with it. As said, it is not completely watertight, but I got it for security when I travel and don't put anything in the bed that I don't want to get wet. As far as something getting up to the front of the bed and not allowing the cover to fully open, I use a ratcheting bed bat to keep things toward the rear so they can't slide forward. One of the reasons I chose the Peragon is that I can easily remove it if I need a completely open bed for hauling.
Also, these are really great people to work with.

Attachments

• 1230191449a.jpg
    1230191449a.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 1230191449.jpg
    1230191449.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 62

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I use a Paragon bed cover and am quite happy with it. As said, it is not completely watertight, but I got it for security when I travel and don't put anything in the bed that I don't want to get wet. As far as something getting up to the front of the bed and not allowing the cover to fully open, I use a ratcheting bed bat to keep things toward the rear so they can't slide forward. One of the reasons I chose the Peragon is that I can easily remove it if I need a completely open bed for hauling.
Also, these are really great people to work with.
Have any pics of the cover in the fully open position? Looks like this may fit the bill for me, but unsure how much room is lost fully open.

TIA.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have any pics of the cover in the fully open position? Looks like this may fit the bill for me, but unsure how much room is lost fully open.

TIA.
I do not, but I think it only takes up less than 6" of the bed when open. Check the Peragon website for the specs and a video.

Users who are viewing this thread