5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PEDAL COMMANDER

RGIL

Reaction score
Careful Everyone with the pedal commander. started off great and I loved it until it accelerated on its own. I even had it swapped out with a replacement but same issue. I wish it would have worked because it was awesome when it did.

Daren

Reaction score
Careful Everyone with the pedal commander. started off great and I loved it until it accelerated on its own. I even had it swapped out with a replacement but same issue. I wish it would have worked because it was awesome when it did.

This happened to me also the other day. Scary at first! Another issues I'm having is that it throws several dash alerts about every 3rd time I make an adjustment to the PC settings. I always do changes while in park and running. Anyone else seeing this?

mikeofokc

Reaction score
This happened to me also the other day. Scary at first! Another issues I'm having is that it throws several dash alerts about every 3rd time I make an adjustment to the PC settings. I always do changes while in park and running. Anyone else seeing this?

Same thing happened to me. At first it caused all sorts of warning lights to pop up on dash. It would say everything from I just had a collision to traction control needs service. It would speed up on its on and then when I wanted it to speed up the engine would not respond. It did different things at different times. The very first time was on the Interstate highway that runs under Boston at rush hour. Its like an eight lane road of traffic going 50 mph and all of sudden my vehicle was possessed. Scary as hell since no where to pull over. At first me and Ram service thought it was not related to PC but reluctantly it was. I took out the PC and truck hasn't repeated the problem in two months.

Daren

Reaction score
I stopped changing the settings on my PC and just leave it on a single setting and I haven't had any issues. I still feel adjusting the settings should throw all kinds of issues. Hopefully the PC company is addressing these issues and will release an update for our devices. At this time I would suggest folks NOT purchase the PC for the 2019 RAM 1500, at least not until these issues are resolved. Unacceptable to have your vehicle just start accelerating on its own.

mikeofokc

Reaction score
I stopped changing the settings on my PC and just leave it on a single setting and I haven't had any issues. I still feel adjusting the settings should throw all kinds of issues. Hopefully the PC company is addressing these issues and will release an update for our devices. At this time I would suggest folks NOT purchase the PC for the 2019 RAM 1500, at least not until these issues are resolved. Unacceptable to have your vehicle just start accelerating on its own.

The problem wasn't stopped by either turning the PC off or leaving it on the same setting. It was only resolved by removing the PC. It occurred so randomly yet increasingly more often that taking it out was the last step to take. I had the PC two months before the first event and now almost 10 months since I first bought it. Over time I learned that once the event occurred it would take multiple times of stopping and starting the engine for the PCM chip to start clearing all the codes. I doubt I can get a warranty replacement even if I asked for one. Unless PC says they have solved the issue I won't put another PC in my truck. PC was great when not having a problem. I may send my unit to PC for them to look at if it helps. I would not recommend anyone buy it now until they know the cause. The events are so dangerous that only those of us with lots miles driven and challenges faced should even take the risk.

Lize

Reaction score
Only installed it the other day, started at Sport+ +4 (typical me!), after a bit of a job turning round in a tight space on an incline I turned it down to +2 and will see how I get on with that, so far seems better for slow manoeuvres and throttle response though not quite as snappy still very good.

One thing I noticed tonight is that in Sport+ +2 the MDS stays on, managed to go down a fairly long road about 30mph with it on the whole time, I couldn't do that without the PC. I'm presuming because the throttle is more responsive I can press it less and keep it steadier to maintain speed and so the MDS doesn't get kicked off by throttle changes so much. So snappier pedal and potentially fuel saving :)

I had been turning MDS off while doing some initial miles and more recently left it on but the Eco light went off so quickly I thought it was pretty useless. With the PC I think it will now save some fuel. (I'd been turning it off as I couldn't find any good information on how the MDS works and I didn't like the possibility during break-in that if fuel and spark are cut then the pistons would be being dragged). As an aside I don't hear any horrible noise change with MDS and my Borla Atak.

Airbornecmc

Reaction score
Good morning .... received my Pedal Commander yesterday and planned on installing it later this evening. Does everybody have the PC78 BT model? This is the model PC noted was for my truck ... thought I had read other posts noting the owner was using a different model #? TIA

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes...PC87 if you have a new body 2019. Check the link to be 100% sure based on your model and year since you have no signature that tells us what you're driving ;)

Airbornecmc

Reaction score
Yup ... that’s the one I have. Installing tomorrow, then my CAI and Flowmaster outlaw this weekend!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drstein

Reaction score
But what about the issues with acceleration and such, have they been addressed by PC ?? Hate the lag, but don't want issues. Love flooring it and nothing for a second or two.

drstein

Reaction score
Right, need that lag gone, and PC will do that I believe. Referring to the unwanted rapid acceleration mentioned earlier, that and it was throwing codes, lighting up dashboards like crazy, ect .

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right, need that lag gone, and PC will do that I believe. Referring to the unwanted rapid acceleration mentioned earlier, that and it was throwing codes, lighting up dashboards like crazy, ect .
There's other products working that have not had those issues just look at some other threads

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The PC will not throw codes and does not rapidly accelerate...it has been perfect to use.

Airbornecmc

Reaction score
Installed my new PC last night along with an S&B CAI ... Sport + mode is awesome.... my sons had smiles from ear to ear when the truck pushed them back into the seat on launch. Outlaw is going on the truck this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The PC will not throw codes and does not rapidly accelerate...it has been perfect to use.
The PC is much more reliable, but can still cause throttle issues and throw codes. That being said, PC customer support is great. My unit started acting up after 6 months, would throw codes and accelerate on its own very slowly. Had an RMA # and shipping label in a days time with no questions asked. Sent the old unit in, recieved the new unit the end of that week. Installed the new unit and no issues since.

Users who are viewing this thread