5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal commander vs JMS pedalmax

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My PC has been flawless. Great mod for sure (I’d be happy with any of the ones mentioned above).

Rplante3108

Reaction score
Okay, I do remember seeing that. I actually checked back on my purchase and it is the PC78. I did end up sending that model back because the bluetooth wasnt working. It wasnt the PC, it was the software. I will check in the morning the model, but will get with customer service tomorrow because I love the PC too! Just need it to work because I use it a lot when towing for camping

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine just cam is, installed and about to commute home and will be testing it out. Initial setting os Sport +2.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
So I just checked mine and says PC07...ahhh the one I bought was PC78 and when I sent it in for warranty, Pedal Commander sent me a PC07 model

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had a few days to play with it and drove about 200 combo city/hwy miles with it yesterday alone and think the best all-around feel for me is just plain Sport. My brain, foot and truck seem to work in unison now, where whitout I felt time delays and overall disconnected with the trucks behavior. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase, it works as advertised and has made me feel more connected with the go pedal.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
I got a hold of customer service at PC and told them my situation. They basically sent an push update to my phone to update the PC device. I think it happen lol, not sure but it is working now. We shall see.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I just bought my PC yesterday and before buying I emailed customer service with which model to go with for my 2019 and she sent a link for the pc78. Hoping I don't run Into any issues because I'm pretty excited about it.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
I just bought my PC yesterday and before buying I emailed customer service with which model to go with for my 2019 and she sent a link for the pc78. Hoping I don't run Into any issues because I'm pretty excited about it.
You are all good! This what PC customer service told me

"Hi Robert, thanks for reaching out to us. The PC78 and the PC07 units have the same model, however the program on the units is different. Please send me the 6-digit serial number on the back on your Pedal Commander. With this, we can send you an update for your Ram, and this should resolve the issues you have been experiencing. Let us know if you have any questions! Enjoy the rest of your day."

The 78 is the way to go

lawlavigne

Reaction score
You are all good! This what PC customer service told me

"Hi Robert, thanks for reaching out to us. The PC78 and the PC07 units have the same model, however the program on the units is different. Please send me the 6-digit serial number on the back on your Pedal Commander. With this, we can send you an update for your Ram, and this should resolve the issues you have been experiencing. Let us know if you have any questions! Enjoy the rest of your day."

The 78 is the way to go
Awesome! That's a sign of relief.

Bcryan

Reaction score
I have the PedalMax and have no issues with codes or limp mode. You can set it to the percentage you want and unplug the knob and it will stay at that percentage. I like the adjustment when I need to pass vehicles on back roads.. she gets up and moves! I say she because my girlfriend says it’s my side piece

Stony0604

Reaction score
I have the PedalMax and have no issues with codes or limp mode. You can set it to the percentage you want and unplug the knob and it will stay at that percentage. I like the adjustment when I need to pass vehicles on back roads.. she gets up and moves! I say she because my girlfriend says it’s my side piece
Well... she is easy to turn on, and loves letting you ride her anytime you want with no complaints.

Reactions: MrB

robsmack01

Reaction score
I have the PC78 and the performance functions the way it should. I think if you switch modes a lot with the bluetooth, it will increase the chances of throwing codes. At least thats what it did to me and what ive read. I cleared the code with a code reader and it hasnt done it since. I will say now that i dont use the bluetooth function to change modes anymore.
The higher the mode, the more the throttle seems to "load up" when accelerating. Its not as smooth as when i had a BD throttle booster on my diesel back in the day. But that was a diesel...
Not sure if any of the other brands would feel any different. Im thinking it will be similar. Just depends on what features/price you prefer.

LGBarnett

Reaction score
Been using a PC for 4 months now. I believe it is the newer PC78 model. I have found that if you change setting while driving there is a likelihood of triggering error code / limp mode. In every instance, shutting down the vehicle for a few minutes and restarting cleared the codes. I was able to get a code once when changing modes with car in drive but stopped. Many other times this worked with no issues. I have not been able to cause an error code by changing settings with the vehicle in park. Also no codes other than when changing modes/levels. At this point I have settled on a setting that works (Sport -2) and do not touch it. At this setting for 2 months now with no codes.

arod_ram

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed if Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster or JMS Pedalmax has limit their top speed. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 ETorque and my truck tops out at 103mph. My neighbor has the PC not sure what model but I will be doing the test soon to see why the limit. Everywhere I read it says that Rams have 120-130 top speed before the limiter kicks in. I spoke to the guys at JMS Chip and they say their product does not limit top speed. Any thoughts....

BigD

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed if Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster or JMS Pedalmax has limit their top speed. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 ETorque and my truck tops out at 103mph. My neighbor has the PC not sure what model but I will be doing the test soon to see why the limit. Everywhere I read it says that Rams have 120-130 top speed before the limiter kicks in. I spoke to the guys at JMS Chip and they say their product does not limit top speed. Any thoughts....
Why on earth would u ever need to drive 103 mph ? These trucks should top out at 80 mph imo. There is no reason to risk other people's lives on the road even if u don't value your own life !!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
the 21s top out at 103. I know mine does.

I believe having your ecu sent in to diablo is the only way to remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread