5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal commander vs JMS pedalmax

chad202

Reaction score
Anyone better or basically the same?

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
I just purchased a PC. Seems like it is the overall winner according to this forum. I will update with a review next week.

Tusch

Reaction score
I have about 500 miles on the PedalMax on my 2020 RAM 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque. With the exception of the 12" uConnect temporarily not recognizing my cameras and some other functions (I knew this going in), the installation and operation was flawless. After a few hours, uConnect is fully functional with no issues and the RAM command center is NOT throwing any codes. Throttle response is awesome, performs as advertised. I operate with about ½ way until I want to be aggressive and crank it up to 100%. GREAT PRODUCT!

Not sure where you see the PC as the overall winner??

I would think they all perform as expected, it’s a matter of compatibility, ease of installation and cosmetic appearance. I don’t need lights flashing and multiple button setting. I prefer it hidden with a simple dial to crank it up-down and turn it off . The PM does have a module with led lights to put on display but I didn’t hook that up and just buried the module under the dash.

Probably can't go wrong with any of them, enjoy your new throttle response!

Attachments

• JMS_Chip_PedalMAX.jpg
    JMS_Chip_PedalMAX.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 160

McRAM19

Reaction score
Pedal MAX by far has been phenomenal. Sometimes I turn it off since she really likes to get up and go.......LOL

chad202

Reaction score
Are any of them just flash, remove, and enjoy? I would like better pedal response but I don't need the adjust on the fly capability.
I’ve been looking and sprint booster is so that once you use controller to set it to your liking, you can unplug and remove the controller and it’s still set. The actual unit that jumpers in at the foot pedal remains there but that’s unseen.

gslewis

Reaction score
I have about 500 miles on the PedalMax on my 2020 RAM 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque. With the exception of the 12" uConnect temporarily not recognizing my cameras and some other functions (I knew this going in), the installation and operation was flawless. After a few hours, uConnect is fully functional with no issues and the RAM command center is NOT throwing any codes. Throttle response is awesome, performs as advertised. I operate with about ½ way until I want to be aggressive and crank it up to 100%. GREAT PRODUCT!

I would think they all perform as expected, it’s a matter of compatibility, ease of installation and cosmetic appearance. I don’t need lights flashing and multiple button setting. I prefer it hidden with a simple dial to crank it up-down and turn it off . The PM does have a module with led lights to put on display but I didn’t hook that up and just buried the module under the dash.

TUSH - I also have a 5.7 with etorque, do you notice anything weird with the etorque function with the PedalMax connected? Does the engine kick on sooner or does the etorque assist feel any different? I'm worried about it messing with the software programming on the etorque acceleration assist, (i.e. making the engine kick on before its suppose to, causing mesh conflict between e torque and the engine). Thanks for your post btw.

Tusch

Reaction score
TUSH - I also have a 5.7 with etorque, do you notice anything weird with the etorque function with the PedalMax connected? Does the engine kick on sooner or does the etorque assist feel any different? I'm worried about it messing with the software programming on the etorque acceleration assist, (i.e. making the engine kick on before its suppose to, causing mesh conflict between e torque and the engine). Thanks for your post btw.
Nothing weird just awesome acceleration...I absolutely love it.

Wheeler

Reaction score
They all do exactly same function. Just different looks and may be durability varies that time will tell. Cheapest option is Vitesse Motorsports Throttle controller , nicest option is Pedal commander. Rest lies in between

Rplante3108

Reaction score
I have the PC and has worked flawless 98% of the time. Just recently I have noticed, when I switch modes(without my foot on the pedal) it will throw all my dummy codes and make my truck go into limp mode. Kind of annoying to be honest and worried it will screw up my truck.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
I have the PC and has worked flawless 98% of the time. Just recently I have noticed, when I switch modes(without my foot on the pedal) it will throw all my dummy codes and make my truck go into limp mode. Kind of annoying to be honest and worried it will screw up my truck.
Sorry meant to add these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200209-101934_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200209-101934_Video Player.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Screenshot_20200209-101928_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200209-101928_Video Player.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 314

chad202

Reaction score
I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Still too many codes being thrown from what it sounds like.
What about sprint booster? Codes with these also?

popcenator

Reaction score
I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Still too many codes being thrown from what it sounds like.
What about sprint booster? Codes with these also?
I haven't heard of anyone throwing codes with the Sprint Booster. I've been running one for a couple weeks now, no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tyrant

Reaction score
I bought the PC based on my experience with the 4th gen and honestly besides the one time where i got in to limp mode after having issues with the bluetooth connection the unit has been great and is an awesome addition on the rebel.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
My PC has been working well for about a year. Then all the sudden it put my truck into limp mode. Thought it was something else and at the time never thought it was the PC. I was driving and switched modes from ECO to off and it threw my truck into limp mode..later to learn, you cant have your foot on the pedal when switching out of that mode. When showing people the PC and what it can do..I have always been able to switch modes without letting up on the pedal. Now, it doesnt matter. As soon as i hit the button, bam throws all the codes. I had the sprint booster in my charger and loved it. I like the PC because it have more options.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My PC has been working well for about a year. Then all the sudden it put my truck into limp mode. Thought it was something else and at the time never thought it was the PC. I was driving and switched modes from ECO to off and it threw my truck into limp mode..later to learn, you cant have your foot on the pedal when switching out of that mode. When showing people the PC and what it can do..I have always been able to switch modes without letting up on the pedal. Now, it doesnt matter. As soon as i hit the button, bam throws all the codes. I had the sprint booster in my charger and loved it. I like the PC because it have more options.
Do you Have PC-07 or PC-78?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would need to check. What is the difference?
No one knows for sure but I can speculate, PC had the 07 and said it was for new ram and other fca cars and some other manufacturers that must use same connector. They came out with 78 which was only for the ram and the other fca cars. Originally they were recommending 07 and know they recommend 78 but both product pages say both work. I suspect they did some tweaking for the RAM and FCA cars possible because of some issues with the 07. Don't know but my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread