5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***PEDAL COMMANDER UPDATE***

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I removed the throttle delay by installing the Ram Airflow on my truck.

I was able to remove the throttle delay on my wife's Jeep Cherokee with an AFE Cold Air Intake.

Different strokes for different folks. ;)

I was also able to get better gas mileage on both vehicles from this upgrade (1-2 MPG) so it eventually pays me back.
I have never laughed so hard in my life :ROFLMAO: A CAI will have zero effect on the response of a throttle body my friend.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The goal is to reduce air restriction and bring the coldest air possible into your engine.

Cool dense air can result in significant power gains and better throttle response.

A cold air intake (CAI) draws in a higher volume of air which may be cooler, your engine can breathe easier than with a CARB stock system.

You might be able to achieve a similar result by putting a drop in high flow filter in your stock airbox and removing (delete) the carbon filter.
Still not applicable to the discussion related to throttle response time. You are confusing two totally different subjects.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, I just skimmed over all the pages in this thread, I’m on my 3rd Sprint Booster on my Ram and my 4th on a new 21 ZLE Camaro. Multiple platforms never a hiccup. I saw threads going down the PC rabbit hole long ago and tuned out. Good luck on your endeavours and thx to security guy checking the Banks unit out.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I started watching a few video's on you-tube earlier today. Trying to determine and decide which is the best unit for me. After a few videos and reading all the discussion and debate on this website I decided the best choice for me was the Banks Pedal-Monster. I was happy to see it on sale and when it rung up there were no taxes to be paid. The no tax part made me even happier. The total cost was $295.00 Now I can't wait for it to arrive so I can enjoy the experience.

I also saw this video with Guy Fieri and thought this was very cool.

Last edited:

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I shipped back the Banks Pedal Monster. I did it for one solid reason. I was told by them via email and by watching you-tube that the "reverse would revert to normal" and that is not true. That works on a just a few vehicle's. Not on my Ram. So I felt uncomfortable about the entire matter and boxed it up. I ordered today the Pedal Commander , I found a discount code (ELUSIVE10) and saved $30.00 The unit cost me $270.00 with free shipping. You-tube and this Forum has many happy users and I'm looking forward to be in the same company.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I shipped back the Banks Pedal Monster. I did it for one solid reason. I was told by them via email and by watching you-tube that the "reverse would revert to normal" and that is not true. That works on a just a few vehicle's. Not on my Ram. So I felt uncomfortable about the entire matter and boxed it up. I ordered today the Pedal Commander , I found a discount code (ELUSIVE10) and saved $30.00 The unit cost me $270.00 with free shipping. You-tube and this Forum has many happy users and I'm looking forward to be in the same company.
Yep...I posted this quite sometime ago 🙂

Velocity

Reaction score
My pedal commander put my truck in limp mode when I was sitting at a red light a couple days ago. Seemed like every light on the dash lit up. I’ve had the PC for about 6 weeks. I took it off and I’m going to try to send it back to them.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
My pedal commander put my truck in limp mode when I was sitting at a red light a couple days ago. Seemed like every light on the dash lit up. I’ve had the PC for about 6 weeks. I took it off and I’m going to try to send it back to them.

I'm wondering how many other folk's had a bad situation with Pedal Commander? Wondering if it is a bug in your unit, or are there others with this trouble?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many other folk's had a bad situation with Pedal Commander? Wondering if it is a bug in your unit, or are there others with this trouble?
Could be a bad unit.
I’ve had mine for a couple of years. Zero issues.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Mine was junk. Threw it away and bought the Banks Pedal Monster. It is a great unit. It is also for sale now as I removed it from my Longhorn when I traded it in for a TRX today. TRX doesn’t need one!!

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I no longer have the Pedal Monster. It has sold.
I sent mine back after a week with it. There is no return to "Stock Reverse" that was a big lie by Banks. I don't trust Him anymore. "They" soured me good. That stock reverse only works on like 3 vehicles and no Rams. Pedal Commander doesn't make any false claims. I gave Pedal Commander a try two days ago and I'm really love it. I use City +4. Code: MEM30 will get a 30% discount. Its a Memorial Day sale.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I trusted the Banks Pedal Monster. No longer trusted the pedal Commander after it went **** up and about got a bunch of us killed. I would still have the Banks unit except I got rid of the Longhorn and bought a TRX. The TRX don’t need any aftermarket pedal device. Not even close!

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I trusted the Banks Pedal Monster. No longer trusted the pedal Commander after it went **** up and about got a bunch of us killed. I would still have the Banks unit except I got rid of the Longhorn and bought a TRX. The TRX don’t need any aftermarket pedal device. Not even close!
Wow, the TRX is a rocket.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I sent mine back after a week with it. There is no return to "Stock Reverse" that was a big lie by Banks. I don't trust Him anymore. "They" soured me good. That stock reverse only works on like 3 vehicles and no Rams. Pedal Commander doesn't make any false claims. I gave Pedal Commander a try two days ago and I'm really love it. I use City +4. Code: MEM30 will get a 30% discount. Its a Memorial Day sale.
You said you sent the PedalMonster back because, "reverse revert to normal" doesn't work on the Ram 1500's. Does the Pedal Commander revert to normal in reverse? Did Banks refund your money? I just got my PedalMonster today and stumbled upon this thread. I really don't want a hyper sensitive throttle while backing up and I don't want to introduce trim to eliminate the sensitivity.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You said you sent the PedalMonster back because, "reverse revert to normal" doesn't work on the Ram 1500's. Does the Pedal Commander revert to normal in reverse? Did Banks refund your money? I just got my PedalMonster today and stumbled upon this thread. I really don't want a hyper sensitive throttle while backing up and I don't want to introduce trim to eliminate the sensitivity.
You'll be fine. You do not get a hyper-sensitive throttle when in reverse regardless. I had one, and several others have too, they are fine units, but do not have the reverse capability the advertise on the RAM yet. Try it out...I think you'll like it and, if you don't, send it back.

Sherran

Reaction score
I haven't really noticed a difference in reverse sensitivity with my PC. I've had it on Sport +4 since the day I got it. Too scared to go into Sport+ lol

Users who are viewing this thread