5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***PEDAL COMMANDER UPDATE***

Gozar

Reaction score
I bought a used PC07 off the classifieds here in the forum, I did have the bump in acceleration and Christmas lights once. I contacted PC and then sent it in expecting to pay for a repair. They did find a loose wire in the harness and reworked it then flashed it to the newest code, all at no cost. It has been back in and I just leave it alone on Sport +1 and it works great.
I have no interest in removing it.
But, that's me, to each their own.

Venom700

Reaction score
So they agreed to give you a refund? How long have you had it?
They did. I had it about 3 months. I actually put in a dispute with Amex who gave me a full refund. I still sent back the device to the manufacturer since I didn’t want to sell it to someone else out of good conscience.

Magna

Reaction score
had one on my 17 limited. it was great till it put me in limp mode and after it was all said and done the dealership replaced the ecu and throttle sensor . that was after I removed the PC and told them nothing lol

Attachments

• E2A3492A-7AAF-47C1-8F9A-1BEBC0AA5C2F_1_105_c.jpeg
    E2A3492A-7AAF-47C1-8F9A-1BEBC0AA5C2F_1_105_c.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 19

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
had one on my 17 limited. it was great till it put me in limp mode and after it was all said and done the dealership replaced the ecu and throttle sensor . that was after I removed the PC and told them nothing lol
So then it wasn’t the PC

Magna

Reaction score
PC tech help told me not to switch settings while on the move so I can't really say if the PC was at fault or it was just a coincident /

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
PC tech help told me not to switch settings while on the move so I can't really say if the PC was at fault or it was just a coincident /
That is correct. You cannot adjust any manufacturers throttle booster when the pedal is depressed. You must be at a stop with your foot on the brake. The PC would not negatively impact your ECU or throttle sensor.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This Quote from the article says it all for me:

"One of the big questions asked about throttle-response controllers is, "Do they make trucks more powerful?" Well, despite what is being said in many internet forums, the answer is no, they do not. The bottom line is, a throttle controller allows users to dial in pedal response that best suits their driving style and/or needs."

I personally do not have any issue articulating my foot to the gas pedal in my truck.

I could understand if you were of short stature or had an ankle injury how this device would be helpful so that you did not have to push the throttle down as far; or you did not want your high heels to get stuck in the recalled drivers side floor mat. ;)

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
This Quote from the article says it all for me:

"One of the big questions asked about throttle-response controllers is, "Do they make trucks more powerful?" Well, despite what is being said in many internet forums, the answer is no, they do not. The bottom line is, a throttle controller allows users to dial in pedal response that best suits their driving style and/or needs."

I personally do not have any issue articulating my foot to the gas pedal in my truck.

I could understand if you were of short stature or had an ankle injury how this device would be helpful so that you did not have to push the throttle down as far; or you did not want your high heels to get stuck in the recalled drivers side floor mat. ;)
I don't think you are understanding the intent. The throttle has an inherent delay built into it, so no matter how hard you press the pedal, that delay remains. The throttle controller allows you to dial-in a 1:1 (or slower/faster) response rate between pedal press and the response of the throttle body's butterfly. It has nothing to do with short stature or articulating your foot ;)

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think you are understanding the intent. The throttle has an inherent delay built into it, so no matter how hard you press the pedal, that delay remains. The throttle controller allows you to dial-in a 1:1 (or slower/faster) response rate between pedal press and the response of the throttle body's butterfly. It has nothing to do with short stature or articulating your foot ;)
I removed the throttle delay by installing the Ram Airflow on my truck.

I was able to remove the throttle delay on my wife's Jeep Cherokee with an AFE Cold Air Intake.

Different strokes for different folks. ;)

I was also able to get better gas mileage on both vehicles from this upgrade (1-2 MPG) so it eventually pays me back.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I was able to remove the throttle delay on my wife's Jeep Cherokee with an AFE Cold Air Intake.

I was also able to get better gas mileage on both vehicles from this upgrade (1-2 MPG) so it eventually pays me back.

So how does a CAI affect the speed of throttle body butterfly when that is electric? It isn't going to open/close the butterfly any faster with a CAI.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

I blacked out my truck and it also removed the lag. Wicked!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So how does a CAI affect the speed of throttle body butterfly when that is electric? It isn't going to open/close the butterfly any faster with a CAI.
The goal is to reduce air restriction and bring the coldest air possible into your engine.

Cool dense air can result in significant power gains and better throttle response.

A cold air intake (CAI) draws in a higher volume of air which may be cooler, your engine can breathe easier than with a CARB stock system.

You might be able to achieve a similar result by putting a drop in high flow filter in your stock airbox and removing (delete) the carbon filter.

Users who are viewing this thread