5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patriot Blue Pearl Coat

cjgerson

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
This ones for 'FIRECADET613', or . . . Knowledgeable person ! When you do finally turn over the Trade, and the "calculating begins," I "hear" that the customer ONLY pays the State Sales Tax on the DIFFERENCE ( New Truck minus Trade value = tax paid ) - IS THIS TRUE ?  
Lou that is definitely correct in Illinois.

This is one benefit people forget about when trading vs privately selling their current vehicle.

D

Deleted member103

cjgerson said:
Lou that is definitely correct in Illinois.

This is one benefit people forget about when trading vs privately selling their current vehicle.
Yea, this comes into play more beneficially to the customer when trading in a "newer" model / greater trade in value, vice an "old beat-up thing ! Back in 2016 the dealer only offered me $4500 for my 2003 Dodge 1500 (only had ~79,000 miles ! So I sole it for $6500 . . . could of gotten a bit more but it went to a Cousin of a friend ! This time around I'll be trading in my 2016 75th anniversary (Laredo) G.C. 4X4 - it only currently has ONLY ~8100 miles, and hope to have < 10K when work up the Order of my DT !

fish mojo

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/548-patriot-blue-pearl-coat/&postID=2809#post2809" data-author="LOU.2">This ones for 'FIRECADET613', or . . . Knowledgeable person ! When you do finally turn over the Trade, and the "calculating begins," I "hear" that the customer ONLY pays the State Sales Tax on the DIFFERENCE ( New Truck minus Trade value = tax paid ) - IS THIS TRUE ?  
</woltlab-quote>What's a "Sales Tax"??? Great living in Oregon with no sales tax!!!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lou that is correct.

So if your trade is valued at 25,000 (mine isn't), you'd have to get more than 26,750 selling it privately.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
This ones for 'FIRECADET613', or . . . Knowledgeable person ! When you do finally turn over the Trade, and the "calculating begins," I "hear" that the customer ONLY pays the State Sales Tax on the DIFFERENCE ( New Truck minus Trade value = tax paid ) - IS THIS TRUE ?  
True in ON, Canada too.

D

Deleted member103

fish mojo said:
What's a "Sales Tax"??? Great living in Oregon with no sales tax!!!
Yea yea yea . . . but what you conveniently forget to recall are ALL the "other" taxes you pay . . . including INCOME Tax . . . WE don't (as of now!) have an Income Tax ! It just about evens out though for the both of us !
I prefer it Here where I get to CHOOSE my full Income priorities AND I can choose to come down or shop Oregon online stores and (so far) not "have to" pay that or in most cases a shipping fee ! Plus, because of my Retired Military status "they" often add a 10% discount on top of that ! ! ! I lived in the Portland area for 3 years (many moons ago) and it was NICE then; now that area . . . hmmm, well let's just say it has changed for the worse ! But, if you want the best of "both" worlds - Nevada offers the Better (of the 3 States) Retirement living . . . the Cost of Housing, which frankly "sucks" just about everywhere ! If WA. gets an income tax and they don't " adjust the sales taxes lower to compensate -- I'll be moving to Nevada; probably in the Reno area ! Been researching that option for couple yeas now, seems nice (visited once last year) !
263a.png

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They should offer that purple on the Ram thats on the Jeep
icon_lol.gif
in the background.Let's drive the Billet Silver one around with the big RAM letters on it
1f922.png

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that is a nice looking color and I am not really a Blue kinda guy. Sharp truck!

Users who are viewing this thread