5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger Door Rattle Issue

ADRENIX

Reaction score
I recently bought my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Big Horn addition about seven months ago. I recenlty have been getting a rattling noise on the lower part of my passenger door. I have now taken it in three times to get it fixed. First time they took the door off and said it was a wire making the noise and that they pinned it back so it wouldnt happen again, but it came back. Second time they replaced all the guts inside the door. They said it was factory defect. It has been a couple days after the replacement and the noise is now back. I don't know if I should even bother taking it back in and dealing with it.

Has anyone had a issue with their door making a rattling noise?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I recently bought my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Big Horn addition about seven months ago. I recenlty have been getting a rattling noise on the lower part of my passenger door. I have now taken it in three times to get it fixed. First time they took the door off and said it was a wire making the noise and that they pinned it back so it wouldnt happen again, but it came back. Second time they replaced all the guts inside the door. They said it was factory defect. It has been a couple days after the replacement and the noise is now back. I don't know if I should even bother taking it back in and dealing with it.

Has anyone had a issue with their door making a rattling noise?

Hi ADRENIX,

I am very sorry to hear of the trouble that you are experiencing with your truck. To clarify, when was your most recent attempt to address this with your dealer? If you wouldn't mind following up with me via private message to provide additional details it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Mark
RamCares

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Has anyone tried driving around with the door panel off? I would ask the dealer to remove the panel and go for a test drive with a passenger. Should be able to find it pretty quickly. If you’re feeling motivated and have the time and don’t want to go back to the dealer you can do it yourself but of course you shouldn’t have to. Could be a loose/broken clip or bracket.

Reaction score
Hi ADRENIX,

I am very sorry to hear of the trouble that you are experiencing with your truck. To clarify, when was your most recent attempt to address this with your dealer? If you wouldn't mind following up with me via private message to provide additional details it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Mark
RamCares
I had and have the exact same issue. At least your dealership looked into the issue. I took mine in they said they couldn't replicate it. I left same same thing happened. I brought it back another day it was still doing it and the service manager grabbed the panel lifted up and said it's not a warranty item, I can take the door panel off and use a dynomat product to take up the space on the clips. Why I would have to do this is mind boggling to me. Pay 60 grand for a truck that has full warranty and my dealership won't even pull the panel off to assess if there is something maybe rubbing or fixing the issue. For all I care out a new panel on. Watch if I take the panel off something else becomes a problem and the. There's no warranty because I messed with it. Ridiculous bur I hope you find the fix and let us all know so I can get mine fixed too. Truck has 15000 kms on it and it's been doing it since new.

U

User_3336

I had and have the exact same issue. At least your dealership looked into the issue. I took mine in they said they couldn't replicate it. I left same same thing happened. I brought it back another day it was still doing it and the service manager grabbed the panel lifted up and said it's not a warranty item, I can take the door panel off and use a dynomat product to take up the space on the clips. Why I would have to do this is mind boggling to me. Pay 60 grand for a truck that has full warranty and my dealership won't even pull the panel off to assess if there is something maybe rubbing or fixing the issue. For all I care out a new panel on. Watch if I take the panel off something else becomes a problem and the. There's no warranty because I messed with it. Ridiculous bur I hope you find the fix and let us all know so I can get mine fixed too. Truck has 15000 kms on it and it's been doing it since new.
WOW! How did you find a two and a half year old message thread?

Reaction score
Well after leaving the dealership I was and am still pissed so I searched everything I possibly could to try to sort this out.

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey,

We're really sorry to hear about this experience. If you'd like us to look into this for you, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread