5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parts falling down after brake pedal recall ..

2wd

Reaction score
mods should move this to the general forum as not rebel specific.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes they do but the mechanic that put it on doesn't. :LOL: Be lucky if he is even a mechanic, not very many of those left, they are all "parts changers".;)
Right on. God forbid the "Technicians" encounter an issue that isn't addressed in the training manual. No ability to go off script or think outside the box like old school mechanics.

96Dodge4x4

CDJR Technician
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The rattleing sound many are hearing from the accelerator is from the spacer we install, you have to squeeze the spacer very trigger with pliers and should be tight enough to not rattle. If whoever performed the recall didn’t get the spacer tight enough you will hear a rattle.

wwalljr

Reaction score
The rattleing sound many are hearing from the accelerator is from the spacer we install, you have to squeeze the spacer very trigger with pliers and should be tight enough to not rattle. If whoever performed the recall didn’t get the spacer tight enough you will hear a rattle.

If we hear a rattle, thus the spacer is not tight...does that then generally result in the part falling off? Or is that more of an anomaly?

gr8ridn

Reaction score
This confirms my suspicion the spacer was not installed correctly when some owners complain of a rattle sound. Looking at the part diagram I figured this was the reason the spacer was split on one side. My truck goes in next Saturday for this recall. I appreciate the explanation and I will make sure the service writer ensures the tech understands what is needed for a safe and correct installation.

96Dodge4x4

CDJR Technician
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If we hear a rattle, thus the spacer is not tight...does that then generally result in the part falling off? Or is that more of an anomaly?
No, the spacer is tight enough to perform its job but it’s not tight enough to keep it from rattling,

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, the spacer is tight enough to perform its job but it’s not tight enough to keep it from rattling,
I’m getting mine done while it’s in for service this week. So this means we have to live with a rattle? Wtf FCA?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I refuse to have this done until there is confirmation that the parts and installations are foolproof. Sad to hear FCA keeps using its customers vehicles for R&D.

@RamCares you should be on top of this and feeding this info back to those responsible for these fixes. Seems to me another ball dropped in every facet of customer care.

96Dodge4x4

CDJR Technician
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m getting mine done while it’s in for service this week. So this means we have to live with a rattle? Wtf FCA?

No, in the recall it states the spacer should be tight enough to prevent a rattle, but that’s not the easiest task to do

2wd

Reaction score
Yes is rebel specific, that’s why I posted here. Who knows maybe will happen to other trims level.

The recall applies to all trucks with adjustable pedals. not just Rebels. Are you saying Rebels pedal assemblies are different than other trucks?

djwdjw

Reaction score
I have to say I did think the solution in the TSB was sort of cobbled-together hack.

Hoping for a engineering rethink from FCA.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to say I did think the solution in the TSB was sort of cobbled-together hack.

Hoping for a engineering rethink from FCA.
I literally set the pedal height the first day i got the truck and hadn't even thought about it since then until the recall came out.

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
Just had the pedal recall done. Moved pedal forward and back a couple times. I was waiting for parts to drop out because my dealership experience so far has been pretty pathetic. To my surprise, no parts came out. It must be my lucky day. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online