5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking sensors

Hb_woodworx

Reaction score
The other day I rear ended someone, and destroyed my bumper. After the accident I got the front parking sensors unavailable and need service. My rear sensors were working but this week, I don't get the message anymore for front sensors unavailable/need service and my rear sensors stopped working. Do you think that when I fix my truck it should all work again or do I have bigger issues coming relating to the rears? Not sure if they are connected to each other in any way.

Last edited:

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ECU probably disabled your sensors because the front sensors were unavailable. You should be fine after the repair work is done and they reset the code.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @Hb_woodworx

Our team would recommend reaching out to your dealer for this inquiry. Please feel free to private message us with any updates, so we can provide additional assistance.

Gia
Ram Cares

Last edited:

dogiebitt

Reaction score
I rear ended someone in November and had to have the front bumper and all of the front sensors replaced. Since then, I've been getting phantom triggers on them all the time. Sometimes it just beeps in the yellow (mid-far) and sometimes it's in the red (closest). I'm worried that the automatic braking will activate unintentionally and cause me to be rear ended.

The body shop replaced the sensors again, and a tech reset the calibration to make sure the truck recognized the new sensors. At this point, my insurance has me work with a dealership to replace part of the wiring harness. I should have truck back next week and will update if that fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread