5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic Sunroof Question?

mbearden

Reaction score
Well...I'm another victim an an exploding sunroof. I was driving back to the office after lunch and BAM!!!!!! Fortunately the sunshade was closed and that prevented all of the broken glass from entering the vehicle. I have approximately 9700 miles on the vehicle and have only owned it since April 2023. It's at the dealership now. Hopefully they can get it back to me soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 24

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well...I'm another victim an an exploding sunroof. I was driving back to the office after lunch and BAM!!!!!! Fortunately the sunshade was closed and that prevented all of the broken glass from entering the vehicle. I have approximately 9700 miles on the vehicle and have only owned it since April 2023. It's at the dealership now. Hopefully they can get it back to me soon.

Did you get your sunroof tinted?

finisher 9

Reaction score
After the pano sunroof on my Grand Cherokee exploded while driving (blew outward) I vowed never to have another one. Scared the daylights out of me and my daughter. Luckily I had the sun screen closed so none of the glass fell on us. I know it's not a common problem, but it happens more than I thought. Our local news station even had a "special report" -- one of those "Are your CHILDREN IN DANGER? TUNE IN AT 11!!!" type of stories about exploding sun roofs.
It seems mine just flew off my 2010 Ram recently. My son drives it mostly, no glass around, but the frame where it mounts is rusted all around the perimeter.

Attachments

• IMG_5250.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 3

finisher 9

Reaction score
I liked that pano roof in my Jeeps and now in my Ram. I have a layer of 50% ceramic tint up on the sunroof when I'm getting the rest of my windows tinted, it helps with the heat in the summer and having the shade open.
I loved the pano roof in my 2010 Ram until it disappeared one day. My son drives it mostly, left with this mystery.

Attachments

• IMG_5250.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 4

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I loved the pano roof in my 2010 Ram until it disappeared one day. My son drives it mostly, left with this mystery.

That's crazy! But that's not a panoramic one, just a normal one. Either way, that's some craziness right there

dajogejr

Reaction score
I know this was/is an older thread...but I’m curious what happened to cause that pano to break like that?
I have 50% ceramic on mine, it does little, but some to keep the heat out.
I know if it’s gonna be a cooker, remember to close the shade. I use mine all the time.
I know open it’s got two postions, and if you press open again, it’ll put the roof further back…but at highway speeds it could buffer.

140K on my 15 limited, at/around 120K it had a leak. Replaced and fixed under max care….
Never had a problem with the sunroof on my 08 Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread