5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint Protection Film & Tint - Price Check

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would say that Suntek is well known here for their window tint but not their PPF. I can't speak to why as I'm sure it's a good product.

McCormick311

Reaction score
Just got quoted $493 to clear LLumar CTX window tint on the windshield, moon roof, back glass, and back passenger windows.Then tint the driver and passenger windows to match the back passenger windows. Seems fare.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
xPel seems to be HQ'd in San Antonio, or atleast they have an official shop here. So I'm probably going to try and get a lot of my truck PPF'd after seeing how freaking easy it is to scratch and chip. It's already about 50% damaged compared to my 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT going on 3 years vs's 2 months....... There HAS to be some sort of paint difference in quality between this and my Mazda... this being far worse.

Also got a quote for Llumar pinnacle 30% for $369 at one shop here. Going to call around to see if there's other differences. I'm in Texas and if the law states 30%, but the back windows are less than 30%, then why do dealerships offer to tint to the same darkness if it's "illegal?"

In anycase, I want that cermaic tint and PPF, but not sure I want to soak that much money for the PPF... I'm already doing $1500 steps and a $400 bed liner

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Quoted $650 just for the front bumper. The guy said it will take about 2 hours to do. Has anyone try to do the PPF on their own? I'm tempting to try the 3M on Ebay for about $150.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@VinnyRam ...that is waaaay too much for just the front bumper. NO...I do not recommend you do it yourself. It is far harder than it looks and all you'll do is burn through material and get pissed at yourself. Find another dealer. Shouldn't cost more than $900-$1000 to do the hood, front bumper, partial quarter panels and mirror caps. If you are OK blowing $150, then give it a try but I watched my guy do it and it wasn't an easy task. Your call

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the bottom rockers done from front wheel to back bumper and half way up all fender flairs for 400.00. He told me the entire front end of the Truck to include mirrors would be 700.00 with head lights covers that could be included for 100. more. Not sure if that helps you or not but sounds like yours is a bit high. The guy done a fantastic job on my Truck took him 3 and half hours.

Truckin

Reaction score
I still need to get PPF...Was to get it done today but was not happy with the coverage of the 'pre-cut kit', there some installers who do 'custom' pre-cut kits and of course full custom. The 'pre cut kit' I saw today had large gaps around the fog lights, large gaps at all edges and no edges wrapped-not acceptable. Have a couple of other local shops to check out tomorrow, just want it done ASAP as I already have two tiny (pin head size) in the lower front bumper.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I'm about to get a quote directly from XPEL as they have an actual HQ in my town. Anyone have experience with their XPEL Prime tint? I might be able to get a discount if they also tint the vehicle.

Going to get a quote for partial hood & fenders, front bumper and mirrors and the XPEL Prime tint.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Anyone have the grill on a sport appearance package done with PPF? my shop has applied it 2x and both times they said it’s just not sticking right. Refunded me the money for that portion and won’t try again.

Bobcat4956

Reaction score
The absolute best tints out there are either Huper Optik Ceramic or Drei, OR Formula One Stratos. I have always had Huper Optik because of its superior heat rejection, but this time I chose Stratos. I only bought my truck in October so will let you know once the hot weather gets here how good it is.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had Xpel on my 14 Ram, and Suntek on my 19. Both have a 10 year warranty's and have scratch healing power. The Xpel is slightly thicker but the Suntek is less noticeable especially on black. My installer rated one of the best in the state, said he prefers Suntek so I went with it, came out looking great. I paid around $750 for the bumper, pieces under the lights, brow, and front of the hood. I skipped the grill as it does not have a lot of front facing surface area and a lot of skinny pieces that add labor cost and not really worth it to me. As for tint I had Llumarr CTX at 30% installed just on the front doors. Lifetime warrenty cost $175 different shop then did the Bra.

Last edited:

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I just had Llumar Pinnacle 30% done on all 4 doors and back window for 361 OTD after taxes etc

Bedliner was 330 from ameraguard and turned out great with lifetime warranty. It came out cheap because the installer of my sidesteps ordered the wrong ones and I had to wait almost 2 weeks

PPF was quoted by probably the best guy in town but he was a little expensive. Like $1000 for partial front or something. He typically works with all the expensive cars

He knows his stuff and he would do great work, but it could be a lot more maybe 2K for all the areas I want

He uses suntek

Truckin

Reaction score
Yesterday I had tint done at Fast Lane Tint in Scottsdale and they did a great job! I had SunTek CIR 80 installed on the windshield, sunroof, rear doors, back windows and CIR 30 on the front doors. Was driving around this afternoon and can already tell it makes a big difference in how quickly the cabin cools down. Cost was less than $800 (plus tax) and well worth it!

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Paint correction, Scorpion 2 stage Ceramic coating including wheels $599
Front windows 25% or 30% $100
Windshield brow tint free (shop does it for free for me)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What are you thinking of getting done. You can see my post above of what I did with price, now mine is Suntek as I don't have a XPEL dealer anywhere close to me. Just note they can't really do too much with the bumper as it is powder coated and the PPF won't stick to it.

justahbustah

Reaction score
What are you thinking of getting done. You can see my post above of what I did with price, now mine is Suntek as I don't have a XPEL dealer anywhere close to me. Just note they can't really do too much with the bumper as it is powder coated and the PPF won't stick to it.

I’d love to get the whole truck done but I don’t want to dish out a few thousand dollars... I was thinking:
- Hood/fender/mirror kit - $350 (edit: may be reduced since I won’t need to put anything on the mirrors)
- Bumper kit (the little area directly underneath headlights) - $90
- A-pillar and 12” roof kit - $190
- Headlight and foglamp kit - $60
~$690, plus tax

dailyherold

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this also. Was quoted $1k for partial front in XPEL from DFW clear bra and $200 for front tint (not sure what type though). May split the work between two shops if not that many tinting options and I wanna shop around. Pretty sure for PPF in my area this is the place to go to though.

I have a painted grill from black appearance package, anyone vinyl wrap grill and PPF for other areas?

Users who are viewing this thread