5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint issues on drivers door lock cover

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed this after getting back from a 3500km trip. Didn’t have anything hit the truck other than some heavy rain and wind. Back to the dealer I go.

Attachments

• A9977367-70E0-46C7-A220-9965ECEEE176.jpeg
    A9977367-70E0-46C7-A220-9965ECEEE176.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 91

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It's a $7 part.........
I hope they replace it for you but if they give you some trouble... it's a very cheap fix. Takes 2 minutes to swap too.

Last edited:

Renegade3

Reaction score
I feel your pain, my back bumper is doing that on the top edge. I need to take it in and have it looked at

BamaEngineer

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my rear passenger. Noticed it at like 2,500 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of mine is the same, because it’s a small plastic part, likely to do it again, I’ve been like MEH

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Noticed this after getting back from a 3500km trip. Didn’t have anything hit the truck other than some heavy rain and wind. Back to the dealer I go.
Please do not hesitate to follow up with our Canadian Customer Care team for further support while working with your dealer. You may either call 1-800-361-3700 or submit your info at https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php?brand=dodge to receive an email follow up.

I feel your pain, my back bumper is doing that on the top edge. I need to take it in and have it looked at
I have the same problem on my rear passenger. Noticed it at like 2,500 miles.
One of mine is the same, because it’s a small plastic part, likely to do it again, I’ve been like MEH
Hi all, please feel free to send our team here a private message if you address this with your dealers and would be interested in any additional support for that process. We are more than willing to escalate cases on your behalf.

Mark
RamCares

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ll have any issues having the dealer fix this issue for me, but it’s such a small problem it almost doesn’t warrant a trip to the dealer just for that. Will be stopping by the dealer tomorrow morning.

CDP110

Reaction score
It's a $7 part.........
I hope they replace it for you but if they give you some trouble... it's a very cheap fix. Takes 2 minutes to swap too.
Oh wow I did not know that. How do u swap it out. I heard u have to take handle off to get to stationary block tht I’m having paint issue with to swap it out

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Oh wow I did not know that. How do u swap it out. I heard u have to take handle off to get to stationary block tht I’m having paint issue with to swap it out
Open the door and you'll see a rubber cap leveled with the handle. You unscrew the screw(sorry, don't remember the torx size) while pulling on the door lock until it comes out, That's it!
The door lock cap is held by some clips, Just pry it open and reverse the procedure to install it back on the door.
BTW, the door handle can be slid out while the door lock cylinder assembly is out. Very easy process!

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I was in for an oil change on Tuesday and showed them this. Not sure how it would have happened, but they said I would have to fix it. There is literally no paint on that section on the bottom of the key hole.
20200919_140344.jpg

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I was in for an oil change on Tuesday and showed them this. Not sure how it would have happened, but they said I would have to fix it. There is literally no paint on that section on the bottom of the key hole.
View attachment 69091
There ya go:
Non-proximity, Painted Billet Silver, Left.

Part # 6FX82JSCAC

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
There ya go:
Non-proximity, Painted Billet Silver, Left.

Part # 6FX82JSCAC
Thanks. I will hang on to this part number.

CDP110

Reaction score
It's a $7 part.........
You said it takes 2 minutes to swap out. Can u tell me how to change it

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
You said it takes 2 minutes to swap out. Can u tell me how to change it
You open the door and on the inside of it, at the same height of the handle, you will find a rubber/plastic cap.
Remove it off and unscrew the screw while you jiggle the lock cylinder. Keep unscrewing until the lock comes out.(It takes a few turns... keep turning it)
The lock cap sits on it with clips, take the old one off and clip the new one on. That's it... very easy.
btw, if you want to remove the handle, you just need to slide it towards the back of the truck when the lock is out.

Edit: I just noticed i explained it a few posts back:

Sorry lol

Users who are viewing this thread