5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P0407 EGR Valve Position Sensor B - low input CEL

planeview

Reaction score
CEL came on last week on my 2020 Ecodiesel for P0407 EGR Valve Position sensor B - low input. Truck runs fine otherwise. I've cleared the code a few times and it seems to come back after a few days. I have 37,500 on my truck so it's out of warranty for EGR. Dealer claims they tested wiring and power and ground check good so they recommend new EGR sensor for $1300. Thoughts other than a delete? I live in a state with emissions testing. Thanks!

planeview

Reaction score
Update if anybody is following. Pressure sensor parts have been on back order and CEL is on all of the time now with P0407 and new codes P2457 P049B P045F. Took it back in and now need new EGR cooler in addition to the EGR position sensor and EGR temperature sensor. Paid $1500 today to order parts that are on indefinite backorder and told not to drive it unless I want more parts to break. Quoted 7 hours labor for $1500 if/when the parts ever come in.

Really regretting buying an Italian diesel that was only in production for a few years with parts that seem to be in short supply. Total BS to have to spend this kind of money on a 3 year old truck and told not to drive it while parts are backordered.

Emissions EGR/SCR/DPF etc that are only warrantied for the basic warranty yet cost $1000's of dollars to fix is a ticking time bomb in my opinion.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly why I bought the 160k /8 year bumper to bumper. Just in case. Sucks hearing than man…not good. You’d think that stuff would be under emissions warranty???

tom318

Reaction score
Definitely not the best. It really is a shame the costly parts aren’t covered under the 100k warranty. My dealer advised me to call customer care to see if they would cover items like this as they said they have seen customers have success. I had 86k at the time so I wasn’t even close to the 36k. Thankfully for me….my issues went away with the Y81 recall (def). The dealers are definitely quick to replace parts unfortunately. They wanted to replace my DEF injector and SCR. Turns out it didn’t need it…..

planeview

Reaction score
Another update. It’s been 5 weeks since I ordered the parts and all but one has come in, a $5 EGR cooler O-ring. After digging with the parts guy we come to find out there are 170 people in front of me waiting on this $5 O-ring that according to the parts guy has been on back order since May 2019. WTH? I’m still told not to drive my truck until the part comes in to prevent further damage to the system but there’s no ETA on a part that’s been back ordered for 4+ years. Other than reaching out to @RamCares is there any other recourse anybody sees?

70runner

Reaction score
It is painful reading this. If 6mos of restricted/no driving doesn't qualify for lemon treatment, then I'm wondering what would?

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me ask Pit Viper tomorrow..my service advisor. She’s such a treat. She may have some insight but I’m thinking not.

Triton63

Reaction score
Back ordered o ring?? That’s crazy. If it’s possible to find out the size of the o ring they are used in tons of applications.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another update. It’s been 5 weeks since I ordered the parts and all but one has come in, a $5 EGR cooler O-ring. After digging with the parts guy we come to find out there are 170 people in front of me waiting on this $5 O-ring that according to the parts guy has been on back order since May 2019. WTH? I’m still told not to drive my truck until the part comes in to prevent further damage to the system but there’s no ETA on a part that’s been back ordered for 4+ years. Other than reaching out to @RamCares is there any other recourse anybody sees?
Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to reach out and making us aware of your concerns. We would like to investigate this matter further. When you get the chance, can you please send us a private message with more details on your experience?

Dakota
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread