5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our First Factory Order Placed

D

Deleted member 85

(see attachment)

Hnghhhhh

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    107 KB · Views: 117

bravo1

Reaction score
Just curious BobbiBigWheels,how is the 4th gen Ram 1500 selling.I see not to many dealerships are orderinig alot maybe in the 40-50 range.But is this a factory restriction,so that not one huge auto group gets the lion share of 2018 line build...

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
$80K
1f62d.png
Hope my Rebel isn't that much. Those Power running boards are cheaper than I thought. Waiting to see how much the new ones are that they had on the red Big Horn demo vehicle. Liked that they sit close to the rocker panel

D

Deleted member 85

bravo1 said:
Just curious BobbiBigWheels,how is the 4th gen Ram 1500 selling.I see not to many dealerships are orderinig alot maybe in the 40-50 range.But is this a factory restriction,so that not one huge auto group gets the lion share of 2018 line build...
With 25% of 2017 Ram 1500s this month, we are having the biggest March in the history of our dealership, currently 3rd in BC for new sales... which if anyone is familiar with Abbotsford versus Maple Ridge Chrysler and Langley Chrysler -> we're the little guys in comparison, and we're toe to toe with them this month.

bravo1

Reaction score
Concur with you on sales all automotive industry's sales experts are saying in conference call's to Wall street that March will exceed all expectations.Much must be to do with all the new lineup coming out from the Big 3 as well as the import industry.Wow 1/4 of your dealership sales are trucks that is not a bad way to start the year.I wish you and yours the best year ever.I sure do like the incentives here in the Texas area right now.They are around with dealer combined 12-14,000 US off MSRP.They are really moving 2017/2018 4th generation Rams here.And in 2500/3500 inventory is really tight.This will changed once the move to Warren as capacity will be built in for the next generation Ram 3/4-1 Ton truck.The Cummins is gonna be a monster for sure.Best of luck...

D

Deleted member 85

bravo1 said:
Concur with you on sales all automotive industry's sales experts are saying in conference call's to Wall street that March will exceed all expectations.Much must be to do with all the new lineup coming out from the Big 3 as well as the import industry.Wow 1/4 of your dealership sales are trucks that is not a bad way to start the year.I wish you and yours the best year ever.I sure do like the incentives here in the Texas area right now.They are around with dealer combined 12-14,000 US off MSRP.They are really moving 2017/2018 4th generation Rams here.And in 2500/3500 inventory is really tight.This will changed once the move to Warren as capacity will be built in for the next generation Ram 3/4-1 Ton truck.The Cummins is gonna be a monster for sure.Best of luck...
Rebates sell vehicles - that much is obvious.

Be mindful that most CJDR clients are currently in a CJDR vehicle and have massive negative equity due to poor depreciation on most CJDR product (minus Wrangler). Rebates allow a dealership to "bury" the negative equity on the next loan. Without the rebates, we wouldn't be able to get most clients approved due solely to negative equity.

Predfan

Reaction score
I've been really excited about the new rams since January living in Alberta. This is my first time seeing option pricing in Canadian. It's completely taken the wind out of my sails seeing a laramie costing more than 80 grand. FCA products are notorious for tanking in value. And this really scares me unless the can regularly offer 20000 dollars off promotions I don't see how they will compete when ford answers there interior with there own update.

D

Deleted member 85

Predfan said:
I've been really excited about the new rams since January living in Alberta. This is my first time seeing option pricing in Canadian. It's completely taken the wind out of my sails seeing a laramie costing more than 80 grand. FCA products are notorious for tanking in value. And this really scares me unless the can regularly offer 20000 dollars off promotions I don't see how they will compete when ford answers there interior with there own update.
Honestly, domestic trucks in general don't hold their value unless they are HDs with Diesel engines.

Fords have horrendous resale due to ridiculous fleet/rental programs that bastardize all of their entry trims.
Chev/GM probably holds its value best on half-ton trucks.
Ram is somewhere between the 2, as long as it is not a Pentastar truck. Purchasing a V6 Ram one must consider the fact they are paying for a massive amount of depreciation immediately.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind 80k isn't for a base Laramie, that's a completely loaded up Laramie with more options/features than a current Limited Tungsten edition which gets close to 80k sticker as it is.

A Base Laramie Crew 4x4 starts at just over $64k which is competitive with current pricing.

Predfan

Reaction score
Do you think the new pentastar with the e-torque depreciate like it has or will it be a semi competitor with the ecoboost with the better gas mileage. I've been seriously considering v6 since all I put in the back is a quad and to light trailers with maybe 1 or 2 more squads.

D

Deleted member 85

Predfan said:
Do you think the new pentastar with the e-torque depreciate like it has or will it be a semi competitor with the ecoboost with the better gas mileage. I've been seriously considering v6 since all I put in the back is a quad and to light trailers with maybe 1 or 2 more squads.
I truly believe a V6 powerplant will continue to depreciate in a rough way. Real world, a Hemi gets only slightly worse economy than the Pentastar. The 5.7L Hemi V8 is the best naturally aspirated V8 engine in the world in my opinion.

Food for thought - a 3.5L EcoBoost is a more expensive option on an F-150 than the 5.0L on most trims.
5.0L trucks are worth more on trade than the exact same truck with a turbo-6. Blackbook (Bluebook) puts a negative $1800 on an F-150 when the EcoBoost box is ticked.

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Help me understand why the new v6 would be less valued....when it supposedly gets 27mpg and the hemi is somewhere around 19???

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Also either engine option on build site has a addittion cost of between $1200-$1800 so wouldnt that be the same value difference in the v6 being valued as $1800 less?

warmachine

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/277-our-first-factory-order-placed/&postID=1955#post1955" data-author="Kilgy5">Help me understand why the new v6 would be less valued....when it supposedly gets 27mpg and the hemi is somewhere around 19???</woltlab-quote>In the 4th gen the 3.6 is lethargic and underpowered, especially when paired with the 3.21 axle ratio. Combine that with reduced towing capacity and payload you're buying a less capable truck.

Kilgy5

Reaction score
MAybe im wrong but iant the payload higher in the v6 then the v8 ? Obv the towing is much greater in the v8 but if i dont tow why would i turn down 10mpg’s???just trying to be enlighted

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yes, someone who wants payload and mileage the v6 is the option. The Hemi is only better in towing.

Why my V10 was purchased instead of a Cummins. For that year, more payload and more towing. Of course the Cummins can be tuned more, but on the legal side of things the V10 was the stronger truck.

The V6 may be lethargic, but in all reality even it beats out the big boys from just a decade ago. Great time to buy a truck of any caliber.

Kilgy5

Reaction score
Thats where the problem is bc you have to wait til it actually hits the lot to drive and compare to see if im ok with the power of the 6 ???? Patience is not my strong point haha

D

Deleted member 85

Kilgy5 said:
MAybe im wrong but iant the payload higher in the v6 then the v8 ? Obv the towing is much greater in the v8 but if i dont tow why would i turn down 10mpg’s???just trying to be enlighted
Hey Kilgy,

Supply and demand.

Most clients want a V8 truck - the demand. Despite this, the MPG advantages of a V6 truck still brings a decent supply to market. The pre-owned truck market is dominated by a demand for V8s.

warmachine

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/277-our-first-factory-order-placed/&postID=1958#post1958" data-author="Kilgy5">MAybe im wrong but iant the payload higher in the v6 then the v8 ? Obv the towing is much greater in the v8 but if i dont tow why would i turn down 10mpg’s???just trying to be enlighted</woltlab-quote>crew cab 6'4" 4x4 3.6 is 1740, 5.7 is 1830. It's only in the 4x2 where the 3.6 has an advantage

Users who are viewing this thread