5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered a Rebel

Kelly’sRebel

Reaction score
Newbie I went to my local dealer on 5/20 to order a 2019 rebel/crew 2 tone silver black with v-8 e-torque and they said 6-8 weeks .Ive been looking at every YouTube video to see a e-torque and nothing .I got this paper plus one telling me about the 8.4 system I got .

Attachments

• EA144D8B-7B02-4CE0-AF31-BBB1DA0AD23B.jpeg
    EA144D8B-7B02-4CE0-AF31-BBB1DA0AD23B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43

FLG8R

Reaction score
Newbie I went to my local dealer on 5/20 to order a 2019 rebel/crew 2 tone silver black with v-8 e-torque and they said 6-8 weeks .Ive been looking at every YouTube video to see a e-torque and nothing .I got this paper plus one telling me about the 8.4 system I got .
On the POC sheet the dealer gave you it does not show as a Sold Order next to Scheduling Priority. This leaves things open for the dealer to sell it to anyone. If you've already agreed on a price then put down a minimum amount deposit and have him sign a sales agreement with you on the OTD (out the door) price. You'll then have him locked in so when it arrives no salesman can sell it out from under you. Now have him print out a new POC sheet which shows it as a Sold Order with you as the Customer Name below Scheduling Priority.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As @FLG8R said that's just a preview sheet. I have had one of those since March as Ramboxes and E-torque wasn't available. This isn't a sold order. You need to put a deposit down. Going to be a bit before they start building Rebel's in that configuration.

Kelly’sRebel

Reaction score
On the POC sheet the dealer gave you it does not show as a Sold Order next to Scheduling Priority. This leaves things open for the dealer to sell it to anyone. If you've already agreed on a price then put down a minimum amount deposit and have him sign a sales agreement with you on the OTD (out the door) price. You'll then have him locked in so when it arrives no salesman can sell it out from under you. Now have him print out a new POC sheet which shows it as a Sold Order with you as the Customer Name below Scheduling Priority.
Thank you I sent the internet sales manager an email asking for that .

Kelly’sRebel

Reaction score
I sent him a text and email I don’t know if this matters but I did sign and put my info on the sheet he kept .

Kelly’sRebel

Reaction score
I sent a text to sales manager and this is what he said .

Attachments

• C9CBC3B9-5E42-4689-8741-01D616DC2151.png
    C9CBC3B9-5E42-4689-8741-01D616DC2151.png
    373.9 KB · Views: 45

TimG

Reaction score
My dealer is the same as yours...... No deposit, just a handshake. But then again, this is NE Montana. That's how a lot of deals are done here. Kinda nice. Also, welcome to the "Waiting for My Rebel" Club!

Kelly’sRebel

Reaction score
My dealer is the same as yours...... No deposit, just a handshake. But then again, this is NE Montana. That's how a lot of deals are done here. Kinda nice. Also, welcome to the "Waiting for My Rebel" Club!
Thanks hope everything works out and we don’t have to wait forever .Did you order the e-torque ?

FLG8R

Reaction score
I sent a text to sales manager and this is what he said .
Hand shakes are nice but when you're talking about spending $50 to $60 thousand dollars, contracts are more important. This protects both you and the dealer from facing unforseen "curve" balls down the road. It will also give you much more peace of mind. In the end its your money and your call. So, instead of relying on forums, talk to family and friends and get their input before making a final decision.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info .They sent me this
Congratulations and welcome to the Rebel. One bit of advice, do not put any stock whatsoever in that estimated ship date. As I mentioned to another member they are just fillers at this time. When your vehicle gets beyond KZ ( actually on a rail car or truck ) then the new date you get will be fairly reliable. Also, you're probably aware that I ordered my Quad Cab Rebel on March 7th. Still waiting! The good is that you will wait 3 months less than me for yours.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info .They sent me this
I should have picked up on this sooner and I apologize. Remove that copy of your POC that you posted ASAP. You're giving out too much personal info. Your name, address, VIN and VON are for your eyes and no one elses. If you are unable to delete it contact Jared the site Administrator and have him do it. Remember in the future, forum or not, its still the WorldWideWeb you're posting to.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I should have picked up on this sooner and I apologize. Remove that copy of your POC that you posted ASAP. You're giving out too much personal info. Your name, address, VIN and VON are for your eyes and no one elses. If you are unable to delete it contact Jared the site Administrator and have him do it. Remember in the future, forum or not, its still the WorldWideWeb you're posting to.

Just saw it and deleted it for them. Good call on that. Hope it doesn't upset you @Kelly’sRebel Rebel, it was to protect your personal information.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@2019REBEL can not wait to hear the results. Good luck. I am getting excited for the sightings of the Rebel in the wilds. You still going with the V6?

Whynot

Reaction score
Nope can't build one up here in Canada with Ramboxes and V6 and I see they changed the US website too....no V6 anymore.
US website still has the V6 for the Rebel. But who knows how it will turn up because the website has been all over the place. For a while the V6 was only available on the Quad Cab Rebel in the build and price tool, but I just checked and it is letting me build the V6 on the Crew cab again. The detailed specs still list the V6 as the standard engine on the Rebel (for both Quad and Crews).

Users who are viewing this thread