5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered 5/1

immersivenc

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ordered my '19 1500 on the 1st of this month. Limited in Delmonico red with the longer bed. Can't wait!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your order.
1f44d.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Delmonico Red is an awesome color. I too have decided the 6'4" bed is a must have.

Hope your wait isn't too long.

263a.png

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My experience on this forum and my experience with ordering my own 2019 1500.

immersivenc

Reaction score
alacombe said:
My experience on this forum and my experience with ordering my own 2019 1500.
Well, I hope that’s not the case. Would be contrary to what I’ve been told, but curious about your experience with your order?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers will tell you anything to make a sale and to get you off their backs.

I ordered a 2019 1500 Laramie on 4/8/2018 and as of today 05/17/2018 my truck is still in D1 status which means they have all the parts but have no started to build the truck approx. 6wks after purchasing it and marking it as a sold order.

Read the forum some more. This is normal. Chrysler is extremely behind and having trouble with shipping also. I am hoping to have my truck in July that I ordered in April but who knows.

I am willing to bet your truck won't arrive until September.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Well, as of today it had been fully assembled and is waiting for shipment. However I cancelled the order for the truck because it was ordered with the tow group and unbeknownst to anyone until a few days ago they show up with trailer tow mirrors and the 360 camera system is absent. A new order was placed with no tow group and added the trailer brake controller a la carte to get my camera system back.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
immersivenc said:
Well, as of today it had been fully assembled and is waiting for shipment. However I cancelled the order for the truck because it was ordered with the tow group and unbeknownst to anyone until a few days ago they show up with trailer tow mirrors and the 360 camera system is absent. A new order was placed with no tow group and added the trailer brake controller a la carte to get my camera system back.
You ordered 5/1 and it has been built - sitting in JS status waiting on shipping?

Not doubting you - but if that is the case that is AWESOME! I ordered 4/21 and still sit in D1. Depending on who I talk to they show 5/19 or no date. Ford is running on an 11 week ETA as of last week...not counting the recent plant shut down. I had a 6 week wait for my F150 and am tempted to pickup a Ram that's on the ground with my specs, but the trailer tow mirrors - I'm not getting the 360 camera.

immersivenc

Reaction score
This is what I was told by the FCA agent I spoke to on the phone. I really have no way of knowing other than what I was told.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll take that as a YES lol. They really need to update the website stating that adding the tow mirrors removes the 360 camera and the power folding...I bet they'd build a heck of a lot less tow package trucks though...

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
immersivenc said:
This is what I was told by the FCA agent I spoke to on the phone. I really have no way of knowing other than what I was told.
I bet this was their attempt to have you not cancel. There no way your truck was fully built in 2wks.

immersivenc said:
This has been known for weeks. If you would have researched the forum it states this prolly about a month ago.

immersivenc

Reaction score
If you're asking about the tow package related to the 360 camera system it is CONFIRMED - tow group will add tow mirrors and trailer brake control and remove the 360 camera system.

My dealer was not aware of this until I brought it to their attention. Agreed, FCA absolutely shat the bed on this and there's going to be some irritated customers on delivery day of their trucks. Dealers are not aware, nor are customers as they have not made this obvious on the build and price sections of the website or on the dealer portals until just now. My dealer said when they went back in to build the truck and tried adding the tow package again, there is now an alert that says the 360 cameras will be deleted. This did not happen the first go round of orders. They took care of me and ordered the new truck without taking my deposit and for that I am grateful and willing to wait on the process to start over to get the truck built the way I wanted it.

immersivenc

Reaction score
alacombe said:
I bet this was their attempt to have you not cancel. There no way your truck was fully built in 2wks.

This has been known for weeks. If you would have researched the forum it states this prolly about a month ago.
I never mentioned canceling the order to the FCA rep i spoke to on the phone. She told me the truck was KZ status after putting me on a lengthy hold and it seemed like she was being thorough about figuring out what stage of production it was in. Again, only have to go on what I was told by them. It's all a moot point now as we're staring from scratch.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully they can put a RUSH on your new build. I just confirmed I'm still D1 but scheduled for a build this week - she wouldn't say when but I have a good idea
1f609.png

Kramersp

Reaction score
2019 Limited 4X4 diamond black
5.7L e torque
Ram box
Off road pkg
Level 1 equipment group
Bed utility group

Ordered 5/7/18
VIN 5/12/18
Status D- Firm schedule: serial number assigned
Scheduling priority 1-Sold Order

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Laramie 4x4 Diamond Black - Sold Order
V8 Hemi
Off Road Package (E-Locker)
Bed Utility Group
20in Rims
Level 1 Equipment Group
Bucket Seats
Sunroof
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Chrome Appearance Group (Wheel to Wheel Steps)
Rear Wheelhouse Liners

4/8 Order & VON #
4/13 D Status & VIN # - Scheduled
4/27 D1 Status - All parts Available
5/17 E Status - Frame
5/18 G Status - Trim

FCA told me this morning my truck will ship within the next 1-2 days. It must have gotten painted yesterday also because it skipped that step.

Users who are viewing this thread