5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered 2023 Ram 1500 Got 2024

rambo73

Reaction score
Went to my dealer on June 6 2023. My salesman ordered my 2023 1500 with all the options I wanted. Paperwork specifically states 2023. The truck was delivered Aug 25 with everything I ordered, but the paperwork states the truck is a 2024. I had approximated $7000 worth of incentives on the 2023 deal that we made and now the dealership is saying being the delivered truck is a 2024 the incentives don"t apply. Any advice or contacts would be appreciated

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went to my dealer on June 6 2023. My salesman ordered my 2023 1500 with all the options I wanted. Paperwork specifically states 2023. The truck was delivered Aug 25 with everything I ordered, but the paperwork states the truck is a 2024. I had approximated $7000 worth of incentives on the 2023 deal that we made and now the dealership is saying being the delivered truck is a 2024 the incentives don"t apply. Any advice or contacts would be appreciated
What is the difference in price on the 2 trucks now?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
didn't you have a vin and were watching the build?

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Walk away. It's a ram truck, not a custom Bentley. F that dealer if they don't honor the existing order price. This is RAM's screw up, you shouldn't be responsible for the difference.

Go to Mark Dodge or Koons.

The dealer shouldn't be responsible for the cost difference either; they didn't build it.

There is a chance that the dealer didn't get the order processed in time for 2023 model year. But if they are not a high-volume dealer, they probably do not order many sold vehicles and didn't even notice the VIN indicating it was a 2024. At the very least, just to make up for the mis-order, the dealer should be selling this to you for invoice or better. I would contact Stellantis / Ram Cares and see if they could offer any help on the incentives, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

@RamCares

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Walk away and order from Mark Dodge.

Quint

Reaction score
This is classic bait-and-switch, whether intentional or not. The purchase agreement was between you and the dealer, not you and the manufacturer. This is an issue for the dealer and manufacturer to resolve. If they don't, follow everyone else's advice and get a quote from Mark Dodge.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you put a deposit on and it's listed as a 2023 with the price you would of been price locked in per the agreement.
Never order a car/truck without paying a deposit on it with the price clearly marked.

The dealership swindled you so they could get a custom order with options on their lot they could not get without it being a sold order. Order elsewhere and get properly price locked (Mark Dodge?)

swing4terps

Reaction score
Everyone saying just walk away and order from elsewhere...

The incentives won't be there on a '24 regardless of where you order from. $5-7k is not "oh well" money, especially if getting a loan with today's rates.

These trucks aren't worth it. I'd be looking at other models unless the dealer or Ram figure It out.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Everyone saying just walk away and order from elsewhere...

The incentives won't be there on a '24 regardless of where you order from. $5-7k is not "oh well" money, especially if getting a loan with today's rates.

These trucks aren't worth it. I'd be looking at other models unless the dealer or Ram figure It out.
The truck he agreeded to order was never delivered so there isn't much he can do.
You can't price match a item that isn't the same item...

Dealers don't eat rebates and incentives, they still get paid from Ram vs the customer.
OP didn't say how much the truck costed. It's very possible somewhere like MD would give him a prepare price WITHOUT rebates.

The dealership clearly played OP, and he should walk. If he gets that truck from that dealership he is letting that dealership know it's okay to scam people and he (the customer) is okay with it.
That's the reason why things are getting so bad in this world is people just take it. Complaining with your words doesn't work, only money talks.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer shouldn't be responsible for the cost difference either; they didn't build it.

There is a chance that the dealer didn't get the order processed in time for 2023 model year. But if they are not a high-volume dealer, they probably do not order many sold vehicles and didn't even notice the VIN indicating it was a 2024. At the very least, just to make up for the mis-order, the dealer should be selling this to you for invoice or better. I would contact Stellantis / Ram Cares and see if they could offer any help on the incentives, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

@RamCares
This happened to me with my 2023...I thought I was ordering the 2022 late in the cycle and you could still buuild and price. Dealer put in and I later found out that I missed the 2022 MY order window...I informed my dealer and asked what did you order? He said 2023 - was all the same specs.

Users who are viewing this thread