5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Reaction score
realistically speaking, if I placed an order for a Rebel today, when can/should I expect to take delivery?

TIA
I ordered a rebel on 4/12 -> scheduled 4/13 -> production 4/28-> built 5/2. it says eta to the dealer is 6/3 but i was told that date is not concrete and can change based on when it actually ships.

RamOwner313

Reaction score
total 3 or 4 days

to assemble the truck just takes an hour but painting and frame is what takes a while

then there is inspections before windows sticker which can take a while
Thanks! I just checked it and it shows that it has been built

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure, they could theoretically close orders today and finish the outstanding orders in 5 weeks or so. But in reality, they will keep taking orders - building some within 3 weeks of the order date, and slowly building some of the unfinished orders from late 2022. Here's a chart showing the current completion rates (by VIN group) as of right now.

View attachment 157768

If you strip this chart down to just a single day's worth of production, here's what it looked like last Friday (4/28). As you can see, they're making a big push in the 626-632 groups - that's the forward wave. But they're still building out trucks as low as the 528 group - VINs that were issued mostly on 11/16-11/17/22.

View attachment 157775
Any chance you've done a similar chart recently? Not asking you to do extra work but if you are already doing it and like to share?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any chance you've done a similar chart recently? Not asking you to do extra work but if you are already doing it and like to share?
Here are the same charts, but with information as of today. Total of 131,096 build sheets to date (including test vehicles).

1683665956669.png

1683665996497.png

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
build sheet is generated after truck is built as it shows what the truck was built with.

window sticker is generated after truck has finished inspection and is billed to the selling dealer.
Given I've seen folks claim build sheet is generated before, during or after the build do we know for ceratin when it is generated? Potentially after it leaves the main production line but prior to vendor for bed liner etc? I had my build sheet as of a search today but no update from dealer about status changing from D1. If the build sheet means the truck is already off the line and just needs the Bed Utility Group stuff at the vendor and shipping there is some prayer I might still take delivery in late May or Early June I am hoping.

John Galt

Reaction score
Given I've seen folks claim build sheet is generated before, during or after the build do we know for ceratin when it is generated? Potentially after it leaves the main production line but prior to vendor for bed liner etc? I had my build sheet as of a search today but no update from dealer about status changing from D1. If the build sheet means the truck is already off the line and just needs the Bed Utility Group stuff at the vendor and shipping there is some prayer I might still take delivery in late May or Early June I am hoping.
If you have a built sheet then it’s out of the main factory. In my case the truck was at the dealership about 2 weeks after it rolled out of the factory.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
lots of posters confuse the on line build your truck site as an official build sheet

from my experience the official build sheet is released the morning after the truck leaves the main assembly line. this is because the build sheet is needed by the inspection department to make sure the truck has what it is supposed to have.
this sheet is also the official sheet you can use if anything does get by inspection and shows up at the dealer without it. i used it to have the dealer give me the door cup holders.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Enter your VIN to get the exact numbers.

You can also look at the sticker in your driver's side door jamb to get the payload capacity.
Did this link used to give you the numbers for your exact truck? When I put in my VIN I just get the max payload for the trim/cab/box but not the actual payload for my truck with options. Seems crazy there is no good way to see actual payload prior to ordering or seeing the physical truck. I guess never a problem before factory orders became more common.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did this link used to give you the numbers for your exact truck? When I put in my VIN I just get the max payload for the trim/cab/box but not the actual payload for my truck with options. Seems crazy there is no good way to see actual payload prior to ordering or seeing the physical truck. I guess never a problem before factory orders became more common.
The link works for me - it gives me the specific payload capacity for my truck (i.e., matches my door sticker).

1684340387672.png

1684340415631.png

Jrodd52

Reaction score
Your truck may have not updated yet since it was just built. I used it to check trucks with backcountry trims on the dealer lots to determine approximate payload before ordering my truck. I needed roughly 1400 for passengers, cargo, and camper. It appears based on my packages I’ll squeak by around 1430. It’s a nice tool for checking actual payloads for trucks on a dealers lot.

John Galt

Reaction score
initially It gave me generic numbers . After the pizza tracker said “shipped” it gave me the same numbers that were on my door sticker.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The link works for me - it gives me the specific payload capacity for my truck (i.e., matches my door sticker).

View attachment 158915

View attachment 158917
I guess I should have looked closer - I assumed the new truck would have a lower payload because I added several options I don't currently have but I actually gained 23lbs! I'm guessing the loss of ASD, reclining rear seat and fender flares was more weight than the addition of the tech upgrades, stereo and BUG. Went from 1508 to 1531. Thanks for the help.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I seem to recall seeing a thread that listed or linked to a document showing the weight of all the various options - i.e. sunroof, ASD etc. Can anyone point me to that - can't seem to locate it with search.

popeye2002

Reaction score
Arizona Train Wreck hauling new vehicles. This is not good for those of us who are waiting for delivery. Train_Derailment-Northern_Arizona_13039.jpg
This image provided by the Coconino County Emergency Management shows a vehicle damaged as a result of a freight train derailment, Wednesday, June 7, 2023 east of Williams, Ariz. (Coconino County Emergency Management via AP)UNCREDITED

JonnyP39

Reaction score
so .... any luck for a Canadian?? trying to figure out where 1C6SRFKT6RN102466 is at ....dealer is sounding a little ...oblivious

Users who are viewing this thread