5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Ram_702

Reaction score
As I understand it, a fresh POC will only show what the current pricing is. I don't think you can go back in time. Which probably explains why my dealer keeps a paper folder with multiple POC's from different dates.
I have a fresh POC from about 2 weeks ago. POC show night edition MSRP for $3995 while the ramtrucks configurator show MSRP $3495. Guess I’ll have my dealer pull another POC. Can’t wait to argue this with the dealer when/if my truck ever gets built…. It’s like the insane are running the asylum at Stellantis. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a fresh POC from about 2 weeks ago. POC show night edition MSRP for $3995 while the ramtrucks configurator show MSRP $3495. Guess I’ll have my dealer pull another POC. Can’t wait to argue this with the dealer when/if my truck ever gets built…. It’s like the insane are running the asylum at Stellantis. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I wouldn't put any stock in the website. They may have updated it, but it's still not correct. For example, it shows you can order an Ignition Orange TRX (those were a limited run, and haven't been available to order for several weeks).

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Weird. Mark Dodge recently told me that I'm price protected and locked in.
I think there is a difference in them saying they will honor the price and them going to Stellantis for a price protection. It is possible the factory now refuses to do what they use to do, but the local dealer still wants to keep people happy so they will do what they can do honor an agreed upon price.

Brownan

Reaction score
Truck got built last Tuesday...and arrived at the dealer today! I was thinking it would take a month. Sadly can't collect until week of Jan 3rd as we're harding out on a 3500 mile road trip and don't want to drive this new truck all those miles at 65 MPH for the break-in.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Truck got built last Tuesday...and arrived at the dealer today! I was thinking it would take a month. Sadly can't collect until week of Jan 3rd as we're harding out on a 3500 mile road trip and don't want to drive this new truck all those miles at 65 MPH for the break-in.

On the topic, does anyone have a link or some legitimate information from Mopar regarding break ins? I'll be picking up from MD and journey 1500 west, obviously not in a day, but would like to know how I'm meant to drive it to break it in.

Phenomenon1561

Reaction score
On the topic, does anyone have a link or some legitimate information from Mopar regarding break ins? I'll be picking up from MD and journey 1500 west, obviously not in a day, but would like to know how I'm meant to drive it to break it in.
Qouting the owners manual below: *NOTE: The below information is for Gasoline engines. Diesel engines do not require a break-in per the owners manual*

"A long break-in period is not required for the engine
and drivetrain (transmission and axle) in your
vehicle.

Drive moderately during the first 300 miles
(500 km). After the initial 60 miles (100 km),
speeds up to 50 or 55 mph (80 or 90 km/h) are
desirable.

While cruising, brief full-throttle acceleration within
the limits of local traffic laws contributes to a good
break-in. Wide-open throttle acceleration in low
gear can be detrimental and should be avoided.
The engine oil installed in the engine at the factory
is a high-quality energy conserving type lubricant.
Oil changes should be consistent with anticipated
climate conditions under which vehicle operations
will occur."

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
I’ll pick it up for you :)

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Qouting the owners manual below: *NOTE: The below information is for Gasoline engines. Diesel engines do not require a break-in per the owners manual*

"A long break-in period is not required for the engine
and drivetrain (transmission and axle) in your
vehicle.

Drive moderately during the first 300 miles
(500 km). After the initial 60 miles (100 km),
speeds up to 50 or 55 mph (80 or 90 km/h) are
desirable.

While cruising, brief full-throttle acceleration within
the limits of local traffic laws contributes to a good
break-in. Wide-open throttle acceleration in low
gear can be detrimental and should be avoided.
The engine oil installed in the engine at the factory
is a high-quality energy conserving type lubricant.
Oil changes should be consistent with anticipated
climate conditions under which vehicle operations
will occur."

Thank you. Backroads it is for the 1st 100 or so miles out of LA.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Order is still not in due to the 3.92. Below is the response from the dealership this morning:

No the order is not in yet as I was waiting to hear on the 3.92. My Ram Rep got back to me this morning and the 3.92 is removed from ordering due to Test Weight Class Compliance Issues. It has been removed from all Trim Levels with no ETA as to when it will be available again. So you have 3 options;

1) I can place the order without the 3.92
2) If the 3.92 is a required option, I can put you on a waiting list and once it is available for ordering again, let you know and place the order then.
3) Refund the deposit back.
I have a GT ordered that requires the 3.92 and the build is in the frame stage. Are you saying I won’t be getting my truck?

Cda3488

Reaction score
find this post #10,736

they were able to order the 3.92
Appreciate it, I kept looking and saw that one. I did already see an increase in my price from my original POC to he one I got on Monday. I asked salesman at Mark dodge about price garentee and haven’t heard a peep. One Mark D sells a truck you got to crap

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Appreciate it, I kept looking and saw that one. I did already see an increase in my price from my original POC to he one I got on Monday. I asked salesman at Mark dodge about price garentee and haven’t heard a peep. One Mark D sells a truck you got to crap
have you seen this thread?

Moondogger

Reaction score
My truck was unloaded at 4:55am this morning at the Mira Loma train yard. My dealer said they should receive it either tomorrow or Monday (no shipments happen on the weekend).

It's getting close!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Maybe! What dealer did you purchase your truck through?
kearny mesa ram

they send the train to our yard in national city
then truck to dealer

however long beach took a lot of our port workers at twice the pay
so it might take mine some extra days to get to the dealer
back in 1995 all trucks for southern ca were dropped at the same place as yours and the trucked to san diego

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread