5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

myownstatus

Reaction score
You know I was looking at a bunch of trucks before selecting. I saw FORD, TOYOTA and RAM only. Chevy was not a factor due to the hideous interior they offer. FORD was crossed out after only MSRP and market adjustment after the truck came in, TOYOTA was neck and neck with RAM. However, I wanted a V8 and only that; I wasn’t going to settle. While I am a part of the Tundra Facebook page, their market adjustments are ridiculous 5k-15k over MSRP and it is disgusting. Though, they have their ordering process on point. People are getting their trucks within a month of ordering. I am very surprised of RAM processes and procedure are and how they are not transparent with their loyal customers, especially those wanting months.

I don’t know how you guys do it, I know I am very impatient and to add I don’t have vehicle, thinking I was going to get into a truck rather easy, but not the case. I hope I do not wait like those that placed order in May/ June of this year. I would have lost my mind.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I still think it's cost. I wonder how many of us are Price Protected? They know they're invoicing those dealers for less than these newer orders.
Being price protected won't matter about being built order. That is a deal with the dealer and us directly, the manufacturing factory make the same if they sell it over MSRP or below. They shouldn't even have access to that. So unless you are implying that the dealers are asking the factory to build in a speific order to maximize their profits, I believe you are mistaken.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Being price protected won't matter about being built order. That is a deal with the dealer and us directly, the manufacturing factory make the same if they sell it over MSRP or below. They shouldn't even have access to that. So unless you are implying that the dealers are asking the factory to build in a speific order to maximize their profits, I believe you are mistaken.
As I understand it, the price protection is an application that the dealer can make to the factory for sold orders that meet certain requirements.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
As I understand it, the price protection is an application that the dealer can make to the factory for sold orders that meet certain requirements.
I thought that was related to rebates only. And very few of us got that one, most of us just got a lower than MSRP promise.

My understanding has been through multiple purchases on multiple makes that they get it for a set price from the dealer and anything above that is their profit. Since they are technically independent companies they don't have to share that information.

I also don't buy the price is holding mine up. I went in at MSRP and found out about the affiliate program after. I didn't even discuss it with my dealer till I heard it was going away. At that time I got an email promise they would hold to an invoice price for me. At this point with them, I will believe it when I go to sign paperwork.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought that was related to rebates only. And very few of us got that one, most of us just got a lower than MSRP promise.

My understanding has been through multiple purchases on multiple makes that they get it for a set price from the dealer and anything above that is their profit. Since they are technically independent companies they don't have to share that information.

I also don't buy the price is holding mine up. I went in at MSRP and found out about the affiliate program after. I didn't even discuss it with my dealer till I heard it was going away. At that time I got an email promise they would hold to an invoice price for me. At this point with them, I will believe it when I go to sign paperwork.
Here's what a dealer (who is active on the TRX forum) posted a while back. Keep in mind that the landscape has changed, and Ram doesn't appear to be honoring price protections anymore.

I've had this question come up multiple times since the recent price increases from Ram on all their inventory, but especially with the TRX.

Any price increase that takes place from the Vehicle order date and the Invoice date to the dealer can be price protected.

A claim for price protection must meet the following criteria.

• Signed and dated buyers order with customer information
  • Delivered to the customer it was ordered for
  • Delivered with 14 days of arriving at dealership
  • Delivered at the agreed upon price from the original buyers order.
  • A Deposit is not required but recommended as a best practice.
The Dealership has to go through an exception claims process. Your dealer may not be aware of this process, but in today's landscape it is more important than it was in the past. If you have a good relationship with your dealer and you signed a buyers order you should be in the clear on this.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Here's what a dealer (who is active on the TRX forum) posted a while back. Keep in mind that the landscape has changed, and Ram doesn't appear to be honoring price protections anymore.

I've had this question come up multiple times since the recent price increases from Ram on all their inventory, but especially with the TRX.

Any price increase that takes place from the Vehicle order date and the Invoice date to the dealer can be price protected.

The Dealership has to go through an exception claims process. Your dealer may not be aware of this process, but in today's landscape it is more important than it was in the past. If you have a good relationship with your dealer and you signed a buyers order you should be in the clear on this.
Thanks so much for this. I may reach out to my dealer now. If they want to reject this exception process, I'm cancelling my order. Simple as that. No way I am waiting another 4 months just to get boned. My local lot has 2022s that are REALLY close to what I want and they're selling at MSRP. The only advantage I had ordering was that I got every option I wanted and got it $5-8k less than MSRP.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding is that without the price protection the dealership can be invoiced a higher amount. I doubt very seriously that these increases in MSRP have not also meant that what dealerships gets invoiced has gone up as well.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that without the price protection the dealership can be invoiced a higher amount. I doubt very seriously that these increases in MSRP have not also meant that what dealerships gets invoiced has gone up as well.
My dealer says that he was invoiced the higher amount on my new Rebel order. And he also mentioned that Ram has eliminated the price protections.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score

That feels to me like it is based on what kind of an invoice price they get.

I do find it odd that Stellantis is willing to take a hit on a truck because the dealer promised you less, especially considering the disclaimer at the bottom or all the POCs saying subject to change. My guess is the claims process has to do with them writing it off in their end. My understanding has been they get it for less than invoice always and can get kick backs for dealing in volume. I have never had to deal with a dealer raising the price after it was delivered so that is new to me.

This also looks like something that is resolved after delivery. I in no way believe that the dealer feeds back to the factory how much everyone is paying for each truck as it is ordered and they are deciding based on that the order which the produce them. If that was the case you would get some sort of confirmation code based on your order price and it would not be based on a signed document.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
My dealer says that he was invoiced the higher amount on my new Rebel order. And he also mentioned that Ram has eliminated the price protections.
There are going to be some many angry people if this is what's going to happen. Order in May, RAM refuses to build it, then try to charge more in Jan. Mean while someone who ordered in Nov doesn't take a price hit because theirs was built in 3 weeks.

Tinshield

Reaction score
Ram just told me that my truck is in the shipping process and is due at the dealer between 12/17 and 12/30. I ordered the truck around November 24th so no idea why I'm getting it so fast.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I have to believe the most likely issue is something like what I believe I saw Eighty say awhile ago. There is stuff internally in their ordering system that changed at some point, likely after production started. This is why we saw some packages get added features (I forget if any lost anything). This has lead to issues in the system and I think that has caused a slow down in the early orders. Nothing else makes sense to my as to why we see so many recent orders speed into production with options that are on older orders.
But no matter what exactly the cause is, they have damaged brand reputation for some of us. We will see if that ultimately means much in the end.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if my dealer could run a current POC on my order from September and see the price difference? He’s basically refused to do one since I’ve ordered.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will the POC show the current invoice price? Or just the original from Sep?
As I understand it, a fresh POC will only show what the current pricing is. I don't think you can go back in time. Which probably explains why my dealer keeps a paper folder with multiple POC's from different dates.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
As I understand it, a fresh POC will only show what the current pricing is. I don't think you can go back in time. Which probably explains why my dealer keeps a paper folder with multiple POC's from different dates.
Thanks for this. I have the original. I've emailed my dealer for a current POC and an updated price based on our terms. Will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread