5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

ProfQ

Reaction score
Ordered 2022 Bighorn 1500 White night edition on 7/7 I keep asking the dealer for updates they said " 8 weeks " 10 weeks ago and I asked again this week and they said "it will be awhile" anyone have a realistic timeline?

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Ordered 2022 Bighorn 1500 White night edition on 7/7 I keep asking the dealer for updates they said " 8 weeks " 10 weeks ago and I asked again this week and they said "it will be awhile" anyone have a realistic timeline?
Probably not till you get to D1 status with a build date. I ordered about a week before you and I was initially told 8-12 weeks. But I was also told to expect a build date around the first or second week. The build order is not sequential, the suspicion seems to be mostly based on parts availability. When I ask Ram Chat, they tell me they will give me a build date when they can confirm all the parts are accounted for. A lot of us are in this unknown boat till we get an actual build date scheduled.
There are two other threads about this topic going on if you want some "light" reading

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you'd like to add your order to the tracker, please PM me with your VIN. The general answer right now, is no one knows. Could be several more weeks before it's built (plus another 3-4 weeks for delivery). But your could get built tomorrow - it's all over the place.

ProfQ

Reaction score
If you'd like to add your order to the tracker, please PM me with your VIN. The general answer right now, is no one knows. Could be several more weeks before it's built (plus another 3-4 weeks for delivery). But your could get built tomorrow - it's all over the place.
Thanks for the info. I don't even have a VIN yet... I sent an inquire to the dealer waiting to hear back now.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't even have a VIN yet... I sent an inquire to the dealer waiting to hear back now.
you almost certainly have a vin. if you're Canadian it may have taken a while but they were issued. if you are in the US, your vin was issued within a couple days of the order actually being placed.

Croaker

Reaction score
Here’s how long it could take….I ordered my 2021 on 5/5 And was told 7 to 9 weeks. It is still not shipped….18 weeks.

This could be why….

Anchorages are full and overflow container ships are floating waiting for a parking place to be in line for unloading.

676B43D7-0BBA-4BFB-809A-5CF5AA40EF1C.png

nhnight

Reaction score
I Ordered a 21 Big Horn Night Edition 4/29, and it shipped 2 weeks ago. Spoke to dealer today and my truck is in MA being unloaded by train and placed on truck to be delivered to dealer. So for me looking like 5 Months-ish from order to delivery. If i were you I would plan for 5-7 months if in the lower 48 and just hope it's sooner. I would not count on the 8-11 weeks.

Good luck!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I Ordered a 21 Big Horn Night Edition 4/29, and it shipped 2 weeks ago. Spoke to dealer today and my truck is in MA being unloaded by train and placed on truck to be delivered to dealer. So for me looking like 5 Months-ish from order to delivery. If i were you I would plan for 5-7 months if in the lower 48 and just hope it's sooner. I would not count on the 8-11 weeks.

Good luck!
And 5-7 months from the start of production, not the order date in this case.

killerformula

Reaction score
Placed an order for a Laramie on 24 June. Was told 8-12 weeks. Emailed them again September 1st and they said: we are still thinking 8-14 weeks from the start of production. Which at that point hadn't started yet. I'll be lucky to see it this year.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Here’s how long it could take….I ordered my 2021 on 5/5 And was told 7 to 9 weeks. It is still not shipped….18 weeks.

This could be why….

Anchorages are full and overflow container ships are floating waiting for a parking place to be in line for unloading.
your truck does not come by ship.

are you saying parts are delayed?

because that is a possibility.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Parts are most definitely delayed, and plenty of them that don't have anything to do with semiconductors. It's just the state of everything right now, unfortunately.

Hasti17

Reaction score

there are several users in Hawaii who would have to wait for a container, plus many auto parts are imported by ship, most LED displays Are made in Asia, and im sure ram has some raw material on a freighter they would love to not be waiting on.

Randboye

Reaction score
Received this morning unsolicited has anyone else received this information from Ram Customer Care. I was still in D last time I checked. Hoping it's good news. 103339
20210922_091558.jpg

brenan00

Reaction score

He is thinking the part needed to get his truck completed. Is in a container on a ship waiting for weeks to get into port and unloaded.

feuerdog

Reaction score
I went to my local PA dealer back in early June to order a BigHorn 1500 4x4 ,....and was told they would probably push me over into a 2022 order. I wasn't in a hurry, but was told that the order wait at that time was about 8 weeks....

3 months later....

Found out today that I finally have a VON, and i'm in D status.
I'd be happy if I get my truck in mid-october,....so we shall see.

BTW, been stalking this forum for weeks, thanks for the good info.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went to my local PA dealer back in early June to order a BigHorn 1500 4x4 ,....and was told they would probably push me over into a 2022 order. I wasn't in a hurry, but was told that the order wait at that time was about 8 weeks....

3 months later....

Found out today that I finally have a VON, and i'm in D1 status.
I'd be happy if I get my truck in mid-october,....so we shall see.

BTW, been stalking this forum for weeks, thanks for the good info.
If you’d like to be added to the tracker, please PM me your order details (VIN, order date).

Users who are viewing this thread