5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Did the window sticker on the truck have your name on it, or did the sales manager erase that?
Other members have shown the window sticker showing paraphrasing here "Built for Hemidakota"
on the top of the Moroney Sticker physically in the window. I am a little worried myself I went on the
dealerships website and they have raised all the price 5K over MSRP. The fleet manager told me no problem
with the affiliate pricing, he's keeping me updated so we will see. I did ask him if we could lock the 0 for 48 in and he said no, I am not going to push that because we are planning on writing a check anyway, but it would be nice to have it in our back pocket if we needed a little breathing room. I need to figure out what coupons can be stacked, the 1K emailed coupon, the 1K for the spending 7.5K on the Ram credit card, the 500 from truecar, the 250 from Allstate, and anything the factory is offering when it delivers. The fleet guy sees boxes, the sales manager sees $$$$. If it works out like it should, I'll be rolling off the lot with 13K in equity, that is nuts. I am glad you have your truck you waited long enough.
Yes, the window sticker had my name on it. That's the messed up part about the whole thing.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you go to the Ram website and scroll down to the bottom where fine print is and look for get a brochure. Go in and put your email address, the vehicle, and your timeframe to buy. Awhile later a received an email with a 1K coupon code. Good .luck and later
Thank you! Hopefully they're still doing that. I'll definitely take it if they send it!

texas_guy90

Reaction score
So I called Aaron late this afternoon and left a message and he called me back this evening and said that he had over 80 trucks arrive at the port. He has 4-5 delivery trucks coming Thursday or Friday (the kids were a bit loud so I missed little parts of it) but that won’t bring them all. It’s not a first come first serve, it’s a what will fit on the trucks sort of deal.

He did say that when the trucks arrive at the dealership he’d only need about 30 minutes to process it he knew I was coming right then. The paperwork can be done online but can’t be started until the truck is in his hands.

If I was still going to meet him somewhere within his 250 mile radius (Biloxi for me) then the earliest that would be is mid-next week.
The last few days before the truck gets to the dealerships seems like it takes forever. Hopefully our trucks make it to the dealership today or tomorrow.

kbooth

Reaction score
and this is exactly why I stopped financing car/trucks...as my dad taught me at a young age...don't buy it unless you have the cash to pay for it.....hard to do with large purchases like this, but eliminates games like this from being played when you show up with cash....sorry to hear about those shenanigans....that really blows!

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 98464 Well the Hell Hound is finally home.

Now for the juicy story everyone wants to hear. My salesman was awesome throughout this whole process. I know he was only doing what he was told and he caught some flack from me just so I could get at the root problem which was the crooked, greedy sales manager.

They already said I couldn't get 0% for 72 months and blamed it on the FFP pricing. I got to the dealership and the salesman gave me a heads up and told me they wanted me to back out of the deal.

First thing I wanted to do was talk numbers. Came out and hit me above sticker and said they weren't going to honor the FFP pricing that was originally contracted. I came unglued! I made a scene right there in the showroom in front of everyone. Then they came back honoring it but said the best they could do was 3.99% financing. Said I couldn't have any of the special rates.

He told me that was the deal, take it or leave it because he had someone that would buy it right now for sticker. That sales manager doesn't know how close he came to seeing the old me.

He gave up money on the front thinking he would make it back up on the back by overcharging us interest. They hadn't even pulled my credit just that I told him I was an 808.

That sales manager was like a vulture thinking I would walk away. He was ready to sell my truck to someone else.

Jokes on him because since I didn't get 0%, I wrote a check and told him what he could kiss. But it's done and let this be a warning to everyone that ordered. Some of these dealerships are looking to sell your truck to someone else for more money.
Sorry you had a $hit dealer. My dealer honored all our agreements on my maxed limited. Sticker was 77200, OTD was 67,250. They don't all suck but from watching the forum, many do. ☹️

traveller09

Reaction score
When you go to the Ram website and scroll down to the bottom where fine print is and look for get a brochure. Go in and put your email address, the vehicle, and your timeframe to buy. Awhile later a received an email with a 1K coupon code. Good .luck and later
There was no scenario where they let me stack that one. Still not happy about that.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm afraid that with the current shortage, they will walk back from previously honered deals, even in writing, that once they get ahold of any 2022 models, they will want to restructure the deal again, so they can hold on to the truck for their inventory.

How can we protect ourselves during this shortage?

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm afraid that with the current shortage, they will walk back from previously honered deals, even in writing, that once they get ahold of any 2022 models, they will want to restructure the deal again, so they can hold on to the truck for their inventory.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I think your best bet is to deal with a reputable dealer. Anything can happen, but based on say, Mark Dodge's reputation, I'm not too worried about any funny business. I've been told more than once that the price on my Buyer's Order is the MOST I will pay (not including tax, etc of course).

vegasandre

Reaction score

this is a great question. What is the legality behind a upholding a contract from a dealer?
you would think that in a court of law the buyer would win every case very very easily..
Even with only a email/text/phone chain of contract would be established and would 1000% hold up in court.

it is the same thing as saying - you have a contract to buy a new builder home. Home will be completed in 6 months. your price is locked in. In 6 months that same home is now 100k more. Builder wants you to back out so he can sell it for 100k more to another buyer in crazy sellers market...

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this is a great question. What is the legality behind a upholding a contract from a dealer?
you would think that in a court of law the buyer would win every case very very easily..
Even with only a email/text/phone chain of contract would be established and would 1000% hold up in court.

it is the same thing as saying - you have a contract to buy a new builder home. Home will be completed in 6 months. your price is locked in. In 6 months that same home is now 100k more. Builder wants you to back out so he can sell it for 100k more to another buyer in crazy sellers market...
Or maybe I'm just a little too worried about this whole chip shortage and to many shady dealers out there...lol

mac-oly

Reaction score
Just got an update email from the Ram Information Center (Ram Chat escalation) saying my truck is due to be produced the week of 7/12. Fingers crossed!

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Just got an update email from the Ram Information Center (Ram Chat escalation) saying my truck is due to be produced the week of 7/12. Fingers crossed!
Nothing further on my end with the escalation, just a two week window that was provided last week. Curious to see if I get anything next week since that was the end of the stated window.

jgreene

Reaction score
Since I signed the paperwork and have a date to pick up the truck. I ordered my tonneau cover. I got the Extang Solid 2.0

jgreene

Reaction score
The Extang Solid and the BakFlip MX4 are on my short list.
I like that you don't need the rails on the inside for the Extang. Easier install and easier to take off if needed. Plus I don't mind the on top of the bed frame look.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did that a month ago and I didn't get a coupon. They sent me a brochure last week.

Users who are viewing this thread