5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Hemidakota

Reaction score
IMG_20210630_194506417_HDR.jpg Well the Hell Hound is finally home.

Now for the juicy story everyone wants to hear. My salesman was awesome throughout this whole process. I know he was only doing what he was told and he caught some flack from me just so I could get at the root problem which was the crooked, greedy sales manager.

They already said I couldn't get 0% for 72 months and blamed it on the FFP pricing. I got to the dealership and the salesman gave me a heads up and told me they wanted me to back out of the deal.

First thing I wanted to do was talk numbers. Came out and hit me above sticker and said they weren't going to honor the FFP pricing that was originally contracted. I came unglued! I made a scene right there in the showroom in front of everyone. Then they came back honoring it but said the best they could do was 3.99% financing. Said I couldn't have any of the special rates.

He told me that was the deal, take it or leave it because he had someone that would buy it right now for sticker. That sales manager doesn't know how close he came to seeing the old me.

He gave up money on the front thinking he would make it back up on the back by overcharging us interest. They hadn't even pulled my credit just that I told him I was an 808.

That sales manager was like a vulture thinking I would walk away. He was ready to sell my truck to someone else.

Jokes on him because since I didn't get 0%, I wrote a check and told him what he could kiss. But it's done and let this be a warning to everyone that ordered. Some of these dealerships are looking to sell your truck to someone else for more money.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
It must vary based on the trim. The standard V8 is still the default option for the limited trim.
It was available for the Big Horn last night when I did it, strange it'd get removed the next day. Maybe the site was just wonky, I'll be doing it again later tonight and I'll check. lol

SeaSkag

Reaction score
But it's done and let this be a warning to everyone that ordered. Some of these dealerships are looking to sell your truck to someone else for more money.
They don't call them stealerships for nothing! :ROFLMAO:
I'm expecting the same situation if my truck ever comes. lol

xd9z

Reaction score
View attachment 98464 Well the Hell Hound is finally home.

Now for the juicy story everyone wants to hear. My salesman was awesome throughout this whole process. I know he was only doing what he was told and he caught some flack from me just so I could get at the root problem which was the crooked, greedy sales manager.

They already said I couldn't get 0% for 72 months and blamed it on the FFP pricing. I got to the dealership and the salesman gave me a heads up and told me they wanted me to back out of the deal.

First thing I wanted to do was talk numbers. Came out and hit me above sticker and said they weren't going to honor the FFP pricing that was originally contracted. I came unglued! I made a scene right there in the showroom in front of everyone. Then they came back honoring it but said the best they could do was 3.99% financing. Said I couldn't have any of the special rates.

He told me that was the deal, take it or leave it because he had someone that would buy it right now for sticker. That sales manager doesn't know how close he came to seeing the old me.

He gave up money on the front thinking he would make it back up on the back by overcharging us interest. They hadn't even pulled my credit just that I told him I was an 808.

That sales manager was like a vulture thinking I would walk away. He was ready to sell my truck to someone else.

Jokes on him because since I didn't get 0%, I wrote a check and told him what he could kiss. But it's done and let this be a warning to everyone that ordered. Some of these dealerships are looking to sell your truck to someone else for more money.

I worry about this exact scenario. The sales manager has said over email that I am all set for the 0% 48 month financing, but I have not signed anything. Is there anything I should be doing to make sure this doesn’t happen?

roca916

Reaction score

Sorry if you mentioned it already, but which dealer did you go with? I'm scheduled for pick-up on Monday and I want to be prepared for anything if its the same dealer. Much appreciated.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Sorry if you mentioned it already, but which dealer did you go with? I'm scheduled for pick-up on Monday and I want to be prepared for anything if its the same dealer. Much appreciated.
Steve Landers in Little Rock. I should have went with Aaron at Mark Dodge but I definitely will next time.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
I worry about this exact scenario. The sales manager has said over email that I am all set for the 0% 48 month financing, but I have not signed anything. Is there anything I should be doing to make sure this doesn’t happen?
Get them to confirm it in email.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
For me I could feel it in my gut 2 weeks ago. I knew something bad was going to happen because they started marking their vehicles up 4k over MSRP. Get something in writing, whether it's a purchase order or invoice, something, anything is better than nothing.

They wanted to pull my credit right off the bat and I said no. Told them we need to make sure the numbers added up first. They just wanted to sell me on payments. I also went in prepared with an auto finance app on my phone that I could enter numbers. Didn't need it but it was at the ready.

Stick to your guns and be prepared to walk or make a scene. I was ready to do both but I was going to get my point across first.

roca916

Reaction score
For me I could feel it in my gut 2 weeks ago. I knew something bad was going to happen because they started marking their vehicles up 4k over MSRP. Get something in writing, whether it's a purchase order or invoice, something, anything is better than nothing.

They wanted to pull my credit right off the bat and I said no. Told them we need to make sure the numbers added up first. They just wanted to sell me on payments. I also went in prepared with an auto finance app on my phone that I could enter numbers. Didn't need it but it was at the ready.

Stick to your guns and be prepared to walk or make a scene. I was ready to do both but I was going to get my point across first.
Thank you for sharing location.

I'm on the west coast and ordered with Bud Clary in Seattle. My main contact, Phillip, has left the dealership and some forum members have encountered some bad experiences since his departure. I do have multiple text and emails from my salesman confirming my incentives, including a buyers order so I'm hopeful. The rep hasnt given me a reason to be doubtful. At least I can worry less knowing you were with a different dealer.

Glad you were able to get your truck at the price agreed on.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Being able to write a check is nice. I have been upfront with everyone about writing a check from the very beginning. Mark Dodge is the only one that hasn't tried to take advantage of that fact. I'm not into playing games. If you give me a price and I sign that paperwork with that price on it, that better be the price (or less).

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Being able to write a check is nice. I have been upfront with everyone about writing a check from the very beginning. Mark Dodge is the only one that hasn't tried to take advantage of that fact. I'm not into playing games. If you give me a price and I sign that paperwork with that price on it, that better be the price (or less).
I had no intentions of writing a check. I was going to take the 0% and play with their money. I was even considering taking the 1.99% but just doubling up on payment. But when he threw 3.99% and said that was the interest without looking at credit, I called his bluff and cut his throat. He pre-approved me in his mind. He saw me drive up in an old truck, wearing jeans and a t-shirt and thought I was a payment buyer. They actually tried to offer me $1024 payment for 72 months. I already knew that was BS but I knew when to cut and run.

I feel sorry for the finance manager because he really tried to sell an extended warranty but it wasn't happening

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know what he says! I was initially planning on booking a hotel, but since it’s 4th of July weekend and hotels are expensive I’ll probably leave my house early Saturday morning and drive back the same day.
So I called Aaron late this afternoon and left a message and he called me back this evening and said that he had over 80 trucks arrive at the port. He has 4-5 delivery trucks coming Thursday or Friday (the kids were a bit loud so I missed little parts of it) but that won’t bring them all. It’s not a first come first serve, it’s a what will fit on the trucks sort of deal.

He did say that when the trucks arrive at the dealership he’d only need about 30 minutes to process it he knew I was coming right then. The paperwork can be done online but can’t be started until the truck is in his hands.

If I was still going to meet him somewhere within his 250 mile radius (Biloxi for me) then the earliest that would be is mid-next week.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

So #1: Beautiful truck! So happy to finally see it.
#2: HOLY. CRAP. lol. That must have been an emotional roller coaster from hell. How long were you there in the dealership?
#3: This is the exact fear I have with dealerships but all the stories on here (and even other groups I’m now in, I’ve learned) regarding Aaron and Mark Dodge gives me hope that I’m still good (and the rest of us who’ve ordered through there and still waiting).
#4: Super happy for you that you were still able to turn it into a win and not let the dealer sell your truck for more to someone else who didn’t go through this wait.
#5: Did I mention she’s a beauty? I’m hoping to get mine in 2 days but the logistics have to thread every needle from here to Louisiana to make that happen (on Aaron’s side and mine)…but there’s still a good chance, haha.

brenan00

Reaction score

Did the window sticker on the truck have your name on it, or did the sales manager erase that?
Other members have shown the window sticker showing paraphrasing here "Built for Hemidakota"
on the top of the Moroney Sticker physically in the window. I am a little worried myself I went on the
dealerships website and they have raised all the price 5K over MSRP. The fleet manager told me no problem
with the affiliate pricing, he's keeping me updated so we will see. I did ask him if we could lock the 0 for 48 in and he said no, I am not going to push that because we are planning on writing a check anyway, but it would be nice to have it in our back pocket if we needed a little breathing room. I need to figure out what coupons can be stacked, the 1K emailed coupon, the 1K for the spending 7.5K on the Ram credit card, the 500 from truecar, the 250 from Allstate, and anything the factory is offering when it delivers. The fleet guy sees boxes, the sales manager sees $$$$. If it works out like it should, I'll be rolling off the lot with 13K in equity, that is nuts. I am glad you have your truck you waited long enough.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the window sticker on the truck have your name on it, or did the sales manager erase that?
Other members have shown the window sticker showing paraphrasing here "Built for Hemidakota"
on the top of the Moroney Sticker physically in the window. I am a little worried myself I went on the
dealerships website and they have raised all the price 5K over MSRP. The fleet manager told me no problem
with the affiliate pricing, he's keeping me updated so we will see. I did ask him if we could lock the 0 for 48 in and he said no, I am not going to push that because we are planning on writing a check anyway, but it would be nice to have it in our back pocket if we needed a little breathing room. I need to figure out what coupons can be stacked, the 1K emailed coupon, the 1K for the spending 7.5K on the Ram credit card, the 500 from truecar, the 250 from Allstate, and anything the factory is offering when it delivers. The fleet guy sees boxes, the sales manager sees $$$$. If it works out like it should, I'll be rolling off the lot with 13K in equity, that is nuts. I am glad you have your truck you waited long enough.
Yeah you (really the dealer does it but you know what I mean) either have to lock it in when you order or you get the rebates when you take delivery.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The $250 BonusDrive from Allstate is something you file online after you’ve completed the purchase; you’ll get a check in the mail. The dealer doesn’t need to know about this at all, so I wouldn’t mention it.

brenan00

Reaction score
The $250 BonusDrive from Allstate is something you file online after you’ve completed the purchase; you’ll get a check in the mail. The dealer doesn’t need to know about this at all, so I wouldn’t mention it.
I know, I am just putting it and anything I have learned on this forum towards the purchase.

brenan00

Reaction score
What's the 1K emailed coupon?
When you go to the Ram website and scroll down to the bottom where fine print is and look for get a brochure. Go in and put your email address, the vehicle, and your timeframe to buy. Awhile later a received an email with a 1K coupon code. Good .luck and later

Hemidakota

Reaction score
So #1: Beautiful truck! So happy to finally see it.
#2: HOLY. CRAP. lol. That must have been an emotional roller coaster from hell. How long were you there in the dealership?
#3: This is the exact fear I have with dealerships but all the stories on here (and even other groups I’m now in, I’ve learned) regarding Aaron and Mark Dodge gives me hope that I’m still good (and the rest of us who’ve ordered through there and still waiting).
#4: Super happy for you that you were still able to turn it into a win and not let the dealer sell your truck for more to someone else who didn’t go through this wait.
#5: Did I mention she’s a beauty? I’m hoping to get mine in 2 days but the logistics have to thread every needle from here to Louisiana to make that happen (on Aaron’s side and mine)…but there’s still a good chance, haha.
I was in the dealership for 4 hours messing with their stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online