5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TOTALLY off topic but my god, I’m not going ANYWHERE this Summer.
I have to go to Montana in June, round trip from BOS to GTF was $970 round trip.
One way to Lake Charles LA from IAD next Saturday - $470 ONE WAY
Rental cars in Helena MT, $500 a DAY! A FREAKING DAY.

WTF is going on? I’m an ace at finding a deal and every trip I’ve researched for summer has been so expensive I just wanna stay home. Should have travelled last year when it was cheap.

United wants 35,000 miles to fly one way IAD to LCH. I was in DC next week anyway so instead of flying IAD back to BOS on Saturday with my GF, I thought it’d be cheaper to do a change and she can head north and I’ll fly south. So I’m wondering now if I should just have the truck shipped.
I plugged BOS-GTF into Expedia and got more like $500 round-trip? Now, that was the starting point and options made it higher. The rental cars were $200/day (still ridiculous) in Expedia at Helena.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is the message I got from Ram Chat last week....""Thank you, I can see your order is in the scheduling stage, once all of the required parts for your order are accounted for it will be sequenced for production!"
Reading the production decoder, it appears that I'm in "C" status....right?
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "sub firm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plugged BOS-GTF into Expedia and got more like $500 round-trip? Now, that was the starting point and options made it higher. The rental cars were $200/day (still ridiculous) in Expedia at Helena.

Looks like they came down a bit. Thanks for the tip! I've been watching them for a month and they kept creeping higher and higher.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had mine shipped from Mark Dodge, 958 miles and it was $700. Totally worth it based on air line tickets and rental car rates.
I might get a quote from him on shipping. But I don't think it's going to be cheap.
download

Chuck19

Reaction score
If you shipped and anyone else that ships.. did anyone inspect the car or did you just let the dealer do that?
also if you shipped /are shipping how did you handle the closing of the deal from a distance?
thank you
The dealer did their inspection and that is all that was done at the dealership. Once delivered to me I asked the driver to hangout for a few (offered him a few options for a drink and something to eat) so I could go over the truck real quick and make sure there was not any damage. Fortunately all checked out good to go! As far as closing the deal everything was e signed! I have to say easiest transaction ever with zero pressure to try and add things on or make last minute changes! I have my eye on a Challenger in the near future and will definitely be giving Aaron a call!

Wow, that is pretty reasonable. Mine will be making a journey of close to 1,200 miles and I have been getting concerned about rising fuel costs & impact on shipping rates.
I thought so and even though its a few hundred miles further, to have it delivered to your door is super convenient and worth the extra few bucks it might add. PLus I didn't rack up 1000 miles right out of the gate on a new truck!

Chuck19

Reaction score
I might get a quote from him on shipping. But I don't think it's going to be cheap.
download
Well your trip will obviously cost more than mine but I still think it would be worth it.

When I was looking into fly and drive or drive up and drive back I was going to have to get a hotel for the night based on the drive time up there and the flights available to me. Also regarding the flights, Aaron told me my truck would be in by the end of the month (we spoke on 5/8) and then he called me two days later (5/10) and said it was in. So they cant pin point the exact arrival date for you to plan ahead so any plane ticket will be last minute and pretty costly.

So factor in the following, rough numbers obviously.

Plane ticket $500
Hotel $200
Food/Drinks $75
Diesel: $200
The additional 1800 miles you will be putting on the truck right out of the gate and the rock chips you might pick up before you can do any paint protectant.
Then the biggest cost at least in my mind is the my time. I was looking at a minimum of 2 days away from work and family and I honestly, factoring in all of the above I would have paid up to $1500.

Only you can figure out if its worth it to you to ship. Initially I was all set to fly and drive but after running the numbers based off the financial cost and personal time for me going to get it and the convenience of the to your driveway delivery, it was a no brainer.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Window sticker today. Does that mean it’s in shipping?

2012 4th gen SXT crew Hemi awaiting retirement. Ordered 2021 Rebel Billet Silver Metallic EcoDiesel March 10, built May 18 awaiting shipping. Dutchmen 268bhs 33’ trailer.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
download
My drive there would interesect your alternate route in Greenville, SC. Driving through Atlanta is what I'm not looking forward to.

I guess you could take advantage of the 250 miles of free delivery and pick it up wherever that works out to be? That's 500 miles less of round-trip, but you don't get to meet Aaron. :)

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My drive there would interesect your alternate route in Greenville, SC. Driving through Atlanta is what I'm not looking forward to.

I guess you could take advantage of the 250 miles of free delivery and pick it up wherever that works out to be? That's 500 miles less of round-trip, but you don't get to meet Aaron. :)
Haha sounds like a celebrity. You should have him sign something!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
download

You're about 250 miles further away from mark dodge than I am. My original plan was to drive my trade in down and the new one back, but since those plans have changed I'm definitely having it delivered. For all the reasons others have mentioned (saved miles on truck/save the money/hassle/just don't have that kind of time at this point), the delivery ended up making a lot more sense for me.

ben b

Reaction score
Hey Ben. Just so you know I’m officially in D2 status. Computers are being programmed and sequenced to build. Should start build within 48 hrs. Just got off the phone with my salesman. This happened yesterday so my rebel should finally hit the assembly line. Today or tomorrow
I apologize for the misinformation. Glad your truck is closer to being born!

Chuck19

Reaction score
Maybe Aaron can get all our Northeast bound trucks loaded up on one carrier!
Wouldn't be a terrible idea even if it was 2 or 3. Aaron said they basically bid it out to using some type of bidding site for trucking. If he were say able to get a few deliveries on the same route it would probably knock down the price a little. But logistically it would be difficult to time the deliveries of a couple of trucks since these things get built at the random.

Mate514

Reaction score
Window sticker today. Does that mean it’s in shipping?

2012 4th gen SXT crew Hemi awaiting retirement. Ordered 2021 Rebel Billet Silver Metallic EcoDiesel March 10, built May 18 awaiting shipping. Dutchmen 268bhs 33’ trailer.

I waited about 1 month after window sticker to delivery. From Canada, if you are from the US, expect less.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol you should have asked if they could have delivered it direct from the plant
Actually....that's not a bad idea! The flights into New Orleans one way are $150 and direct from IAD w/ no stops. I might ask Aaron to drop it there for me and maybe fedex me a key fob and I'll just fly into the airport and pick it up from the parking lot. it'd save me 3 hours of driving and $350 in airfare.

I could also have them do Houston. there are a few dozen flights from DC to Houston every day.

I'm gonna butt out though because I'm sure some people who have been waiting 6 months don't want to see multiple posts about me picking up my truck. sorry for those who are still waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread