5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
So I don’t have to go through 406 pages of info.... where is the tracking information on your orders? Is there a web site, I ordered a 2022 and I have a VIN and VON.... now what ? Thanks.

and just for kicks.. Ordered 5/15 vin assigned 5/19 and dealer said in ‘D’ status whatever that means.

Horty222

Reaction score
Just got of Ramchat as we all check in a million times a day lol and there is movement. My truck is now in the paint stage. Looking at everyone's time line looks like it should be fully built by the weekend. Not bad I'm 5 weeks in since order.

Barttwilliams

Reaction score
So I don’t have to go through 406 pages of info.... where is the tracking information on your orders? Is there a web site, I ordered a 2022 and I have a VIN and VON.... now what ? Thanks.

and just for kicks.. Ordered 5/15 vin assigned 5/19 and dealer said in ‘D’ status whatever that means.
The way I understand it, the 2022s won't start being built until July.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score

So… RamChat is your starting place. D status takes a while “gathering parts stage” but since you have a VIN, that lets you know your order was accepted by the manufacturer.

Next is D1, which states everything is gathered and scheduling of build can begin. Once built, and rolls off the assembly line, a build sheet is generated, and available here:

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=YourVinHere

truck will typically go to “I” inspection stage for a few days

depending on options, your truck may go to the option garage (BUG, bed liner, decals etc). This can be a while. Once completed and inspected here, a Window sticker gets generated for your truck.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=YourVinHere

After that it goes to the staging lot and begins the shipping stage.

hope that helps!

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Makes sense.... they’re still building 21’s I guess. But once July comes is there a web link or do you just ‘chat’ with ram ?

Lucky you getting Uconnect 5 as announced yesterday.

2012 4th gen SXT crew Hemi awaiting retirement. Ordered 2021 Rebel Billet Silver Metallic EcoDiesel March 10, built May 18 awaiting shipping. Dutchmen 268bhs 33’ trailer.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So… RamChat is your starting place. D status takes a while “gathering parts stage” but since you have a VIN, that lets you know your order was accepted by the manufacturer.

Next is D1, which states everything is gathered and scheduling of build can begin. Once built, and rolls off the assembly line, a build sheet is generated, and available here:

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=YourVinHere

truck will typically go to “I” inspection stage for a few days

depending on options, your truck may go to the option garage (BUG, bed liner, decals etc). This can be a while. Once completed and inspected here, a Window sticker gets generated for your truck.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=YourVinHere

After that it goes to the staging lot and begins the shipping stage.

hope that helps!
After the window sticker was generated, how long did you wait until a shipping ETA was provided?

h4zegrey

Reaction score

You ordered before they had pricing info, or did your dealer have it early?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

sooooooo, how do you know what you ordered? ...or what you could have ordered (option-wise)? because the ram website still only shows 2021s.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I should have screenshot the conversation with Ramchat. I asked for an update and they asked for my VIN to look it up. We all know how this works. Guy comes back and tells me they are still gathering parts but the good news was he has a VIN that has been assigned to my build and proceeds to give me the VIN I already gave him.

ben b

Reaction score
After the window sticker was generated, how long did you wait until a shipping ETA was provided?
For me, I saw window sticker on 5/15. Shipping ETA was provided 5/16. The ETA was ~1 to 3 weeks out (a two week window). Seems to be generally on track. After 4 days, my truck has moved from Stirling Heights, MI to North Platte, NE. This is about 1/2 way to Benicia, CA where it will be offloaded from the train and trucked to my dealership.

MassDiesel

Reaction score
I got window sticker 5/18. Same day Ramchat told me shipping window was 5/25-6/8. Dealer confirmed that is consistent with what they see. Now i sit here in the final wait. No more milestones until the magical "It's arrived"!

MassDiesel

Reaction score
I got window sticker 5/18. Same day Ramchat told me shipping window was 5/25-6/8. Dealer confirmed that is consistent with what they see. Now i sit here in the final wait. No more milestones until the magical "It's arrived"!
Has anyone figured out a way to check status while in transit? ie. it's on a train...sitting in (random location)...?

monkeypunch

Reaction score
sooooooo, how do you know what you ordered? ...or what you could have ordered (option-wise)? because the ram website still only shows 2021s.

I am curious about this too @Bay Area RAM

I want to order a 2022 either Limited or Laramie, but details on the Limited packages and options seem very limited (heh).

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to check status while in transit? ie. it's on a train...sitting in (random location)...?

If one of you guys talks to Mark Dodge, just ask him where my truck is here and report back. I didn't want to bug him daily :p

I will say my truck was in Chicago on the 14th and Arkansas on the 17th and Aaron said "it's about 7-10 days out by that point"

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If one of you guys talks to Mark Dodge, just ask him where my truck is here and report back. I didn't want to bug him daily :p

I will say my truck was in Chicago on the 14th and Arkansas on the 17th and Aaron said "it's about 7-10 days out by that point"
Arkansas to Louisiana could be WALKED in 7-10 days 😂

Users who are viewing this thread