5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here but has anyone tried this? I think you'd get more results than RAM Chat. May not work for our friends in Canada but maybe we should get together and buy a bill board across from the plant with our VIN numbers?

ZxaHiT1.png

*in case my boss sees this, this took about 90 seconds of work and I'm on my break.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer has insisted to me that I can’t lock in the 0% interest until the vehicle ships. Has something changed since this post, or are they just unaware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, your dealer is either unaware or unwilling to lock it in for you. Plenty of us here had it locked in at the time of order, some of us shortly after if we changed our minds.

Edit: tagged @New1500customram since you were inquiring as well.

Last edited:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I check with ram chat almost every other day. They told me that it was still waiting to be built and in D1 status so I believe what the dealer is telling me that its in framing or was any way. I believe the dealers have more details than what ram chat can give from what I understand.

I would guess that it would depend on what part of the country you live in as to whether your truck leaves the plant on a truck or by train. From what I understand when they go by train they go to an offload sight or central hub so to speak. Then Ram lines up the trucks to go out to dealerships. So if you have a couple of dealerships that are in the relatively same area they will load up all the vehicle for them to make a full truck to deliver to each dealership. If your dealership is not near any others and does not have a full truck they will wait till its full to send it. This is when trucks can sit for a long time waiting in the lot. They can only file papers to get your truck out for certain reasons. What they all are I do not know but in my case since it is a sold truck and not just for inventory they can get it out. The truck has to sit in the lot for 2 weeks before they can do this thou. They also only have I believe 48 hours to go get it once the paperwork has been approved as well.
I’m guessing Aaron at Mark Dodge has enough going through that mine won’t be held up there at least :)

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here but has anyone tried this? I think you'd get more results than RAM Chat. May not work for our friends in Canada but maybe we should get together and buy a bill board across from the plant with our VIN numbers?

ZxaHiT1.png

*in case my boss sees this, this took about 90 seconds of work and I'm on my break.
It’s like pissing off the chef at the restaurant. It will just show which trucks to build last, lol.

RebelDogAndTruck

Reaction score
Did you put a deposit down when you put in your order? If so they should honner the the first build price. If the cost of building products goes up the desler eats the cost. They told me if i did put a deposit down and the cost of steal goes up i an lock in and i dont see the increase. I did put a deposit down of $50. I have put more down on a car before. If u put a deposit down how can they change the deal afterwards? Unless they informed you beforehand. I hope it works out for you.
I did put a $500 refundable deposit down and the dealer is giving me all the options at FWP pricing which is about $4.5k off MSRP. He felt bad it was such a pain for me to get my spec ordered because when they tried (and 4 other dealers I went to tried) many times before their configurator couldn't combined Hydro-blue Rebel with MFT, so giving me the better 'pity' price. Thankfully one day when I was getting my Jeep serviced I checked and it worked so I ordered. I didn't lock in incentives at the time but worry that with the national vehicle shortage that the 0% may go away before I collect mid-May. They've had 0% for over a year now...at one point I was told it was 0% for 84 months around spring 2020.

RebelDogAndTruck

Reaction score
For those with window stickers, does the Ship To: and Sold To: eventually populate with your names or dealer's name?

Mine is currently blank and hasn't shipped yet.
Good question. I wonder the same thing. Mine has shipped and showing blank. I looked up other VINs that are for sale online (Autotrader) and they also show blank. I wonder if the online viewer hides that info for privacy but the actual sticker shipped with the truck will have it...

SBrentnall

Reaction score
My dealer has insisted to me that I can’t lock in the 0% interest until the vehicle ships. Has something changed since this post, or are they just unaware?
They are unaware. Phillip Olson at Bud Clary locked in my interest rate at the time of order.

L2R512

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like a few people mentioned, they’re probably unaware that it can be done. But if you contact Incentives: 800-227-0757 they can probably tell you how to get the dealer to lock that rate in.

BornTooLate

Reaction score
Been reading this forum for a bit. Finally decide to register and share my order details . I'm in Canada. Windsor. only an hour or so from the Sterling Heights Plant. Anywho, i ordered a 1500 Sport (the trim exclusive to Canada) on Jan. 5th. I was told by the dealer 8-12 weeks. End of February I got a call from the Dealership about the chip shortage. I was told that if I drop the Blind Spot detection; the build would still go ahead. If I wanted BSD I wouldn't get it until 2022. Didn't say when in '22 . could be November '22. Who knows. So I said drop it. waited until the first of April to call the dealership for an update. I was told mine was in D status and it would be another 3-6 weeks. Now with the Covid outbreak, I think I will be lucky to see it in July. Might as well make it a '22 instead. Going to call again at the first of the month. But i'm not optimistic . thanks.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's in Nebraska...working towards Seattle.

SpartanBert

Reaction score
I ordered 2/27, VIN issued 3/8. I am still getting the same response from RAM Chat: "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
I ordered on 3/31 - even though I received a VIN - which in my mind locks it in as a 2021 - based on some of these wait times, I half expect them to reissue a 2022 VIN for my build. Sure glad I rushed out and got that new travel trailer to sit in my shop

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been reading this forum for a bit. Finally decide to register and share my order details . I'm in Canada. Windsor. only an hour or so from the Sterling Heights Plant. Anywho, i ordered a 1500 Sport (the trim exclusive to Canada) on Jan. 5th. I was told by the dealer 8-12 weeks. End of February I got a call from the Dealership about the chip shortage. I was told that if I drop the Blind Spot detection; the build would still go ahead. If I wanted BSD I wouldn't get it until 2022. Didn't say when in '22 . could be November '22. Who knows. So I said drop it. waited until the first of April to call the dealership for an update. I was told mine was in D status and it would be another 3-6 weeks. Now with the Covid outbreak, I think I will be lucky to see it in July. Might as well make it a '22 instead. Going to call again at the first of the month. But i'm not optimistic . thanks.
Holy cow that sounds like a nightmare! At what point do you just cancel it and wait for a 22? Lol

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered on 4/8. Was told a couple of days ago that all parts were in. Called back to see if I had a build date and now I’m back to limbo. Waiting on parts to arrive in scheduling phase. It’s only been three weeks for me but if I don’t hear anything till June I’ll tell them to just wait another month and order me the 22

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These “should I just wait for the 2022s?” thoughts pop into my head, too. But I don’t see supply (of chips or trucks) getting any better, nor do I think 2022 will bring any big changes (including UConnect 5) because of the chip shortages. So, I’m happy with my deal, happy with the options I ordered, and happy with my anticipated trade-in value, so I’ll wait it out.

Take my forecasts for what they’re worth, which is not a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread