5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what’s your build? My 3/10 order is still gathering parts. Trying to figure out if they build groups of the trims together and if it is t about just the parts for “your” truck but they need enough Limited or Laramie trims to run a batch through or if they intermix trims.
I just checked this morning. My 3/9 order is still in scheduling. Today is 5 weeks

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just checked this morning. My 3/9 order is still in scheduling. Today is 5 weeks

Scheduling or gathering parts?

3/6 order here, as of yesterday still gathering parts as well. Really want to sell my current truck soon due to the used market but definitely can't until this truck is at the dealer.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Scheduling or gathering parts?

3/6 order here, as of yesterday still gathering parts as well. Really want to sell my current truck soon due to the used market but definitely can't until this truck is at the dealer.
It sounds like both to me.

From Ram chat, "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. "

Pwii4

Reaction score

From Ram chat, "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. "
I ordered a fully loaded limited 3/22 and im getting the same response!

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
So what’s your build? My 3/10 order is still gathering parts. Trying to figure out if they build groups of the trims together and if it is t about just the parts for “your” truck but they need enough Limited or Laramie trims to run a batch through or if they intermix trims.
The line intermixes trims, whatever the parts bin shows up with that matches the computer info/scan code that gets scanned at each station is what the tech or robot at that station installs. If you watch any assembly line videos on youtube you'll see different trims one after the other near the end of the line.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just went back and checked my chats, looks like that is the same answer I have been getting as well. Checked with Aaron last night and he informed me that it looked like I may be here a while longer.

Also, autonation offered me 34.5k for my 2017 longhorn yesterday and emailed today saying they may offer more upon inspection. I wish I didn't need my truck in the meantime, but I will just have to hope those numbers stay high. For reference, when I ordered my new truck I took 30k trade in from Aaron, at that time that matched the other offers I was getting. Also for reference, I bought this truck 2 years ago for around 35k and put 32k miles on it.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just went back and checked my chats, looks like that is the same answer I have been getting as well. Checked with Aaron last night and he informed me that it looked like I may be here a while longer.

Also, autonation offered me 34.5k for my 2017 longhorn yesterday and emailed today saying they may offer more upon inspection. I wish I didn't need my truck in the meantime, but I will just have to hope those numbers stay high. For reference, when I ordered my new truck I took 30k trade in from Aaron, at that time that matched the other offers I was getting. Also for reference, I bought this truck 2 years ago for around 35k and put 32k miles on it.
The Ram is actually my second truck. I was able to sell my 2019 private party and drive my old 2003 Tundra until my build is complete. My wife has a 2014 and a 2020 Grand Cherokee, so I can drive one of those if needed. We're actually pulling our Maverick SxS to West Virginia this weekend with her 2020. Never used it for towing but it does have the 5.7, so shouldn't have any problems. I do miss having a newer truck though.

Every20years

Reaction score
Looking at both JoeCo and Genxeration we all look to be in the same timeline. Don’t know if the powertrain will drive much since I have the EcoDiesel but I think since we all have the Level 1 that has the safety features, tech group and sun roof that’s going to be what drive how long we wait for parts. Love to know what “gathering” means? Does that mean they have to order from a sub? Are the parts ordered but on back order from the supplier?

The Ram is actually my second truck. I was able to sell my 2019 private party and drive my old 2003 Tundra until my build is complete. My wife has a 2014 and a 2020 Grand Cherokee, so I can drive one of those if needed. We're actually pulling our Maverick SxS to West Virginia this weekend with her 2020. Never used it for towing but it does have the 5.7, so shouldn't have any problems. I do miss having a newer truck though.

SpartanBert

Reaction score
I ordered 2/27, VIN issued 3/8. Ramchat gave me this update this morning: "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."
Replying to my own post...I contacted RAM chat today, got the same response from a week ago so no change

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Oh nice, sounds like you have ample backup. I have some, just not in the form I need it. My GF has a 2018 jetta which is certainly fine for getting around in, and I have a 66 Buick that I can use when I want for the next 6 months or so until winter weather is back again. However, I still need my truck for many of our other activities and travelling in the meantime. Having a back up truck would be ideal!

Looking at both JoeCo and Genxeration we all look to be in the same timeline. Don’t know if the powertrain will drive much since I have the EcoDiesel but I think since we all have the Level 1 that has the safety features, tech group and sun roof that’s going to be what drive how long we wait for parts. Love to know what “gathering” means? Does that mean they have to order from a sub? Are the parts ordered but on back order from the supplier?

Likewise, I wouldn't mind having a better understating of the parts gathering process. I wasn't in such a big hurry until the used market went even crazier, now I want to sell high but just can't until I know my new truck is made.

bazz

Reaction score
Ordered 3/8. As of last night, still in "D" status. Dealer told me a few days ago it'll likely be 8-10 weeks, maybe more at this point as they are seeing some orders taking longer than expected.

Mate514

Reaction score
Ordered 11/17, dealer called today to give me an estimate shipping date from the plant of 04/22. There's hope!

bazz

Reaction score
Another update from mine, went from D1 on 3/25, then E status yesterday, to shipping status today. Doesn't seen totally accurate, but ill take it! Hopefully you guys who ordered around the same time as me aren't too far behind.
Nice ~!!!

ReiHido

Reaction score
Another update from mine, went from D1 on 3/25, then E status yesterday, to shipping status today. Doesn't seen totally accurate, but ill take it! Hopefully you guys who ordered around the same time as me aren't too far behind.
I'm 10 days behind you. So here hoping mine shows some progress soon!

ReiHido

Reaction score
I ordered same day as you. No progress on my end either yet
I sure hope we get some updates soon. I have a feeling the chip shortages will shut down production soon like it has for other manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread