5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score
How did you get that info? My truck was built 2/18 and I think shipped same date. Ram chat and 800 number say 2/24-3/9 delivery and my dealer said "by end of March". Seems pretty silly that when I order a $6 squeegee on Amazon you can literally tell where it is every step of the way and when I order a 73k truck everyone always tells you something different and vague.

My dealer told me that. He said he can check where it actually is for the most part.

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Check that you get a VON (Vehicle Order Number) they get that when placing the order. If they say anything otherwise they probably didn’t place the order. I asked a few days after my 2/6 order for the VON and they didn’t know what I was talking about. I told them it should be given to them upon ordering the truck, I got the VON that day. The sales person took a picture of his screen Monday 2/24 showing all the information on my truck and didn’t think I’d notice the order date being 2/11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did get the VON right off and RAM Chat gave me the VIN online too. There's just no status on my vehicle other than the parts for assembly have been ordered.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
So I ordered on January 31 2020
I got a VIN on February 10 2020
I heard from my salesman that the truck is scheduled for delivery on March 6 2020... so I may receive it mid March
So naturally I asked if the truck is already built and at inspection?
He said nope, but the truck is entirely built in 1 day....
does this seem right??

thanks for the input

Therealdarkknight

Reaction score
First post: Ordered 2020 Limited Black A.P. Ramboxes, MFT, Elocker, Ecodiesel and a few other things.

2/6- placed order with dealer
2/11- dealer actually places order
2/14 - VIN received
2/19- Parts sequenced, build scheduled, estimated shipdate 2/26
2/25- Frame
2/26- awaiting final inspection and then it will be sent off to have other options installed. (Didn’t say what. Assumed ramboxes)
2/27 - truck was completed late in the day on the 26th. Shipped out with an estimated delivery day of March 10th to the local rail yard.
2/28 - Window sticker available

Updated my original post.

-Edit for 2/28 update.

Last edited:

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
I heard from my salesman that the truck is scheduled for delivery on March 6 2020... so I may receive it mid March
does this seem right??

thanks for the input
Yes, once on the ramp it'll go right through. If you ordered accessories that'll be its next stop. After that an QA it'll go into shipping.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
ordered on 12-30
built on 2-18
ETA of 2-20/3-05 posted
sent to shipping 2-20
arrived at Kansas City rail yard today 2-27
waiting on truck for delivery to central iowa now. Dealer thinks it should be mid next week.

1500 Limited Ecodiesel Black
Off Road package
RAM box
multi function tailgate
33 Gallon tank
all other options minus sunroof

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does this seem right??

thanks for the input
So the one month from order to delivery would be appropriate. Use RAMchat. AND ask the dealer for the status code.
And check out this (long-winded) story...there's a timeline that may be useful...

...how it should work...

walexk

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer last week that my truck ad been built and was in the process of being shipped. Order 1-29. Hopefully it gets here in the next week or so.
I ordered on the same day and when I asked RamChat for an update today, they said it was delivered to the dealership. Haven't heard from them but today is my Salesman's normal day off so I will check tomorrow. Hoping to get the truck month incentives. Just drove by the dealership and saw it on the lot. It is real!!

Last edited:

Hamdizle

Reaction score
I ordered on the same day and when I asked RamChat for an update today, they said it was delivered to the dealership. Haven't heard from them but today is my Salesman's normal day off so I will check tomorrow. Hoping to get the truck month incentives. Just drove by the dealership and saw it on the lot. It is real!!
Nice, maybe tomorrow I'll swing by the dealership and see what's cooking.

Wrecktal

Reaction score
Mines still D1. Ordered on the 17th of Feb.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

dgmacm

Reaction score
North Carolina checking in. I ordered on the 27th of January and was told 6-8 weeks. To my surprise I get a call last Monday (Feb 24) saying my truck was delivered! Probably the absolute fastest I’ve ever gotten a factory order! Happened so fast I have not had the chance to bug my salesperson for an update on the VON/VIN.

Spec was a 1500 Limited w/ black appearance package, Equipment group, Sunroof, 33 gallon fuel tank, 3.92 gears, rambox and the 5.7 etorque in case that helps anyone get an idea of how soon they might be able to expect delivery of a similar build in North Carolina

walexk

Reaction score
It is here and I am closing the deal on Sunday!!

Mutley

Reaction score
I finally took delivery of my Ram 1500 Limited. Ordered Jan 24 and delivered Feb 28. I‘m stoked.

Kingjames

Reaction score
Got a call from dealer yesterday. Said it’s listed as final inspection. Any idea how much time that takes to get shipped?
Spoke to my dealer. Said truck shipped on February 18th. I am in Indiana so hope this week i can take delivery. Ordered 12/27. Feels like I am waiting longer than others.

adampsmall

Reaction score
Hope you're right because my dealership doesn't believe so.
Be firm with them. Those are Manufacturer rebates to the customer. They're yours. If they don't apply them, they are effectively raising the price or stealing your money, look at it the way you want.

Rockman

Reaction score
Ordered 1/20
Built 2/18
Shipped 2/19
Sitting in rail yard 100 miles away since.. not showing any scheduled pickup for carrier yet.... guess I’m back at enterprise rental Monday...

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
Ordered 1/20
Built 2/18
Shipped 2/19
Sitting in rail yard 100 miles away since.. not showing any scheduled pickup for carrier yet.... guess I’m back at enterprise rental Monday...
[/QUOT
same with me. mine shipped on the 20th and is sitting in a railyard in KC, 2 hours away but no truck scheduled yet for final delivery

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score
Finally picked up my longhorn yesterday that was ordered 12-09-19. Had tires swapped to LT275/65-20 **** Cepek Fun Country's. I had the front side windows tinted to match the back, molded mud flaps and Leer tonneau cover done also.

GOODSTUFF

Reaction score
New to the forum deal....i ordered my truck a week and a half ago and i just got a vin #, how can i track it?

Users who are viewing this thread