5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer sales manager telling me that my truck status is now changed to shipping, but he can’t tell me anything else. Still not able to pull a build sheet though?
Since the plant is only a three hour drive away from here hopefully I will see it soon
Congrats! Almost there!

PS - By the day after KZ, you should be able to pull a build sheet, and the window sticker may be up a day or so after leaving the factory. Mine was sent to Body Vendor on the 7th, and build sheet came up, but window sticker wasn't available until the 9th. FYI, my window sticker build date is the 7th.

Last edited:

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 1/14. Got vin and von the next day. Sat in D status until today 2/10. Being told from ram chat that the truck is built and awaiting additional options to be installed. They do not have status code as they said they cannot access build codes anymore. Any idea where I am at? D1? I ask the dealer and they say “gatelined to be built”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Almost Done! Truck probably in BODY VENDOR status (JB status code), where they install things like spray-in bed liner, vinyl applique, etc.

One thing I learned from my dealer, is that while the dealer may have the latest info, esp after leaving the factory, sometimes the dealer system is not updated for a day or two. One time RAMChat told me "Shipped/Invoiced" (KZ), and the dealer said Paint (F). Then the dealer realized his system was reporting status as of two days prior. The next day, both RAMChat and dealer reported SHIPPED/IN TRANSIT. Dealer said it was on a truck in Toledo...

BTK20

Reaction score
I posted this in the general discussion, adding here as it's relevant. Right now, RAM will NOT build a 2wd limited with air suspension.
Below is an email I just got from my sales rep that he got from the supply chain manager. Long story short, I ordered a Limited Black Appearance Package 2WD. Been waiting for a VIN over 3 weeks. Apparently, RAM won't build it with 2wd and the air suspension. Have to either opt for 4wd or lose the air suspension. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

> -------- Original Message --------
> > > From: Sean Begley <[email protected]>
> > > Date: February 11, 2020 at 4:27:11 PM EST
> > > To: [email protected]
> > > Cc: Robert Weaver <[email protected]>
> > > Subject: Brian @ Mall of GA - DT Sold Customer Order Build Issue
> > >
> > > ?
> > > Brian. per our conversation, here is the VON and info for the sold order that cannot be built
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, it was communicated to us by Program Management that the plant cannot support building the below sold customer orders. This is due to the vehicles having 4X2 with an air suspension. There is a change in STV that will remove the air suspension to allow this body model CPOS to build.
> > >
> > > When you get a chance, can you advise if the customers would approve of the air suspension being removed from these units? The other option would be to cancel the orders and reorder with another CPOS or with 4X4. Please let me know if you have any questions.
> > >
> > > J 68510 MALL OF GEORGIA CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP CDTJR
> > >
> > > 45358475
> > > DT1M98
> > > C
> > > 68510
> > > 66
> > > 23M
> > > 4EA
> > >
> > > Sean T. Begley
> > >
> > > Supply Chain Manager | Fiat Chrysler

Attachments

• 1581467388928.gif
    1581467388928.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 15
Reactions: cj7

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I posted this in the general discussion, adding here as it's relevant. Right now, RAM will NOT build a 2wd limited with air suspension.
Below is an email I just got from my sales rep that he got from the supply chain manager. Long story short, I ordered a Limited Black Appearance Package 2WD. Been waiting for a VIN over 3 weeks. Apparently, RAM won't build it with 2wd and the air suspension. Have to either opt for 4wd or lose the air suspension. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

> -------- Original Message --------
> > > From: Sean Begley <[email protected]>
> > > Date: February 11, 2020 at 4:27:11 PM EST
> > > To: [email protected]
> > > Cc: Robert Weaver <[email protected]>
> > > Subject: Brian @ Mall of GA - DT Sold Customer Order Build Issue
> > >
> > > ?
> > > Brian. per our conversation, here is the VON and info for the sold order that cannot be built
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, it was communicated to us by Program Management that the plant cannot support building the below sold customer orders. This is due to the vehicles having 4X2 with an air suspension. There is a change in STV that will remove the air suspension to allow this body model CPOS to build.
> > >
> > > When you get a chance, can you advise if the customers would approve of the air suspension being removed from these units? The other option would be to cancel the orders and reorder with another CPOS or with 4X4. Please let me know if you have any questions.
> > >
> > > J 68510 MALL OF GEORGIA CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP CDTJR
> > >
> > > 45358475
> > > DT1M98
> > > C
> > > 68510
> > > 66
> > > 23M
> > > 4EA
> > >
> > > Sean T. Begley
> > >
> > > Supply Chain Manager | Fiat Chrysler

Sucks, and should not have taken so long. At this point, get the 4wd and air - m2c

Carchibald

Reaction score
Congrats! Almost there!

PS - By the day after KZ, you should be able to pull a build sheet, and the window sticker may be up a day or so after leaving the factory. Mine was sent to Body Vendor on the 7th, and build sheet came up, but window sticker wasn't available until the 9th. FYI, my window sticker build date is the 7th.
Thanks I will try again tomorrow. Was hoping to have received it before the end of this week due to a long distance trip I have planned, but happy that I am now seeing progress.

Reactions: cj7

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
The whole process took just over a month for me.
2020 Rebel
1/8/20 - Ordered truck
1/14/20 - VIN# issued
1/16/20 - D1 Status - All parts arrived to build, scheduled to be built.
1/29/20 - F Status - In paint, then headed to trim.
1/30/20 - Build Complete - Received build sheet and window sticker.
1/31/20 - KZM - Shipped out
2/11/20 - Arrived at dealer
2/12/20 - I will pick up today after it goes through inspection.

Window Sticker

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
Thanks! Looks like mine was built last Saturday (Feb 8th) - does that mean it's "complete" and ready to be shipped, or might there still be work to finish on it?

From my experience, if you have your build sheet and window sticker, it’s complete and ready for shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Thanks - just confirmed with me dealer via email, excited!!

From Dealer:
I checked my system and it appears the truck is on it's way.
I'm not able to pinpoint an exact land date but it is coming.
I'll keep you posted as I get more information.

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Mine too. I had the same question as you.

Same exact build date huh? Will be interesting to see how long it takes for each of us at this point... mine is coming to Toronto, where is yours heading?

TBass

Reaction score
Looks like they are just handing out VIN numbers :). I ordered the truck 6 days ago and I alrady have my VIN.... now the dreaded call to the insurance company to see how much they are going to gouge me for.

walexk

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on January 31st 2020, my sales rep contacted me today, and indicated I've been issued a VIN. Is that the average wait times... 10 days for a VIN?
Either way, super excited :D:eek:
Mine was about a week when I asked but may have been issued earlier. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I am still in D1 status..

Todd1500

Reaction score
Same exact build date huh? Will be interesting to see how long it takes for each of us at this point... mine is coming to Toronto, where is yours heading?
Yep, same exact build date. Mine is coming to Sacramento, CA. RAM said today that it is in shipping status with an ETA of 2/17 to 3/2. You could drive a truck through that window (pun), so we'll see.

Rail shipping can be very unpredictable. Not sure if it'll affect your route, but pipeline protesters have shut down Canadian National Rail's main East/West line forcing the cancellation of hundreds of trains. If you're not impacted, you should get yours first, otherwise, who knows.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
People
Mine was about a week when I asked but may have been issued earlier. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I am still in D1 status..
people keep saying D1 status
I’m not sure what that means
1. How do you know what status your build is in
2. How do you know what the status means

thank you for explaining

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
People

thank you for explaining

Refer to this for status codes and meanings - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/order-codes-list.921/
I did read somewhere today that RAM was steering away from status codes. I'm not sure if that was as a whole, or just through the live chat.
But through out my build process, I was able to get status codes through my dealer.

walexk

Reaction score
People

thank you for explaining
It means that all parts/components are available and ready to build. It just hasn't been scheduled as of yet. RamChat tells you the status but doesn't always give you the coding. That would come most likely from your dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online