5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My order is currently showing “KZOB - informal hold - force majeure”. Anyone ever seen this status? I’m hoping it doesn’t mean what I think it does :oops:

I asked my local dealer why it is taking so long to get my order placed -- I told them I understand it is getting close to the 2019 end-of-life and they will be prepping for the 2020 setups .. but, come on!! I knew I should have just kept my R/T and paid it off and ordered a 2020 next summer :(

Kyle_1252002

Reaction score
I asked my local dealer why it is taking so long to get my order placed -- I told them I understand it is getting close to the 2019 end-of-life and they will be prepping for the 2020 setups .. but, come on!! I knew I should have just kept my R/T and paid it off and ordered a 2020 next summer :(
I’m fairly confident now that my delay is due to the flooding in the Midwest. Norfolk Southern’s rail lines into KC are flooded, so it’s a waiting game at this point unfortunately.

Natural0462

Reaction score
Ordered 3500 longhorn arrived at train yard june 2nd waiting for it to be trucked to dealer on June 5th. Now On hold status now found out there is an internal part problem and has to go back to Detroit for fix said there were over 1000 that had this problem and it could take at least a month as of today still sitting in train yard ?.. don’t know when I will see it. ....:cry:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, so after nearly 3 weeks of trying, they were finally able to get mine ordered (and threw in the rear-tailgate-step which was not avail on the 4-corner-air package).

VON 44025249

[EDIT as to not keep spamming this folder LOL] : VIN Rec'd 2 days later on 6-21-19 status code "D"

Last edited:

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Can anyone , who has purchased a recently built truck with Navigation, tell me what map version they have installed? And what size screen you have.

My Limited with a 12" screen arrived at the dealer at the end of March of this year. It has a map version from 4th Quarter of 2017. I think think a newly built truck should have maps that area newer than 18 months old. And My dealer is telling me I have the most current version so I am trying to see if anyone has anything newer than "Current Map Database: Content_NA_HM_17Q4"?

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a 2020 yet?

I have. Ordered a 2020 1500 Limited 4x4 with the long bed and all the gadgets about three weeks ago. I have been told the truck is built, and sitting in Illinois waiting for a full load to Texas.

Last three trucks have been factory orders because I am picky on what I want. This is my first Dodge order, a convert from GMC. I can't stand my '15 1500 Denali's transmission, bumpy ride, and routine repair trips to the dealer anymore. And even with the GM redesign, the new Denali's don't even come close to the new Rams in terms of features. All it has going for it is the gender-confused tailgate. Whoopty-do. I am going to miss the GM 6.2L's power, but interested in what this mild hybrid 5.7L can do. No one had one on the lot for me to try out before I ordered it.

I was surprised Ram didn't put a power adjustment steering column in them. My wife's '12 Charger R/T has it, and its very useful going between vehicles as she is 8 inches shorter than I.

RGJIV

Reaction score
I have. Ordered a 2020 1500 Limited 4x4 with the long bed and all the gadgets about three weeks ago. I have been told the truck is built, and sitting in Illinois waiting for a full load to Texas.

I'm a Ford convert. I waited to see if Ford would do anything about their interior this year, when they didn't I went straight to the Ram dealership. I am extremely excited for the air ride!
It went into D1 sometime this week, I hope I get lucky and it gets here quickly.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
I'm a Ford convert. I waited to see if Ford would do anything about their interior this year, when they didn't I went straight to the Ram dealership. I am extremely excited for the air ride!
It went into D1 sometime this week, I hope I get lucky and it gets here quickly.

My order arrived at the San Diego train yard 6 days ago and still no Dealer ETA. Dealer confirms it is there but he is unable to shake it loose. Apparently the contracted haulers that transport vehicles to Dealers run their own show.

RGJIV

Reaction score
My order arrived at the San Diego train yard 6 days ago and still no Dealer ETA. Dealer confirms it is there but he is unable to shake it loose. Apparently the contracted haulers that transport vehicles to Dealers run their own show.
Don’t worry. The same thing happened with my ford and then with no warning, it was sitting at the dealership.

colonelangus

Reaction score
For those that have ordered a 2020 Ram, were you able to negotiate much off of the MSRP considering it's a factory order on a brand new model year vehicle?

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Don’t worry. The same thing happened with my ford and then with no warning, it was sitting at the dealership.

Thanks for the encouragement. When I ordered my 3500 in 2016 I did not track it and just waited for the Dealer to tell me it was ready to pick up. Should have learned from that experience since it avoided the frustration I feel now. Thanks again.

Maloneranger

Reaction score
Your probably referring to the old VOTS website that hasn't been working for years. The way to check now is through this:

click on the chat button
Thank you for this. Ordered mine 5 days ago and now have VIN# and was told it was in D status

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Thank you for this. Ordered mine 5 days ago and now have VIN# and was told it was in D status

Ordered mine on July 25, went to D on July 26, went to KZ (shipment) on August 18 and now has been sitting in the local train yard for 10 days with no Dealer ETA. The Dealer told me when it arrived by train and has attempted to expedite the transport to the Dealership without success. Patience is my only recommendation during the shipping and Dealer arrival timeframe. Once it gets in the hands of the shippers, it seems they are in 100% control until it arrives at the Dealer. I have stopped doing the RAM Chat, because they tell me that the shippers do not have access to the FCA "system" so they, RAM, are not actually up to date on the shipping process and can only tell me it is "in transit". Cheers.

kstod21

Reaction score
I can relate. Had a Tundra Platinum since 2014, great truck but the 2019 model was almost identical to my 2014. The new Ram is lightyears ahead so decided it was time to give it a try. Ordered on Aug. 28th. I'm hoping to have it early October but that is probably wishful thinking based on the experiences I'm reading on the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online