5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Glenn54

Reaction score
I have a feeling that my truck may not have actually shipped based on what you 2 guys are saying. The Customer Service guy said it shipped but I wonder.

ram1991

Reaction score
I have a feeling that my truck may not have actually shipped based on what you 2 guys are saying. The Customer Service guy said it shipped but I wonder.
See if they will tell you what specific KZ status its in or where its at. Mine showed KZLD for a couple of days but now just kz

brikozy

Reaction score
Update...

Laramie 4x4
Level 2
Rambox
3/16 - Ordered
3/26 - VIN
4/9 - D1
4/19 - KZ
5/6 - Arrived at dealer
5/10 - Ready, picked up

The wait was insane, but very satisfied initially. Only 100 miles, but so far none of the issues we've all read about for months! Chat was always a quick way to check on the status, but ultimately the phone calls gave more accurate information, including current locations. Enjoy!

WasatchBack

Reaction score
5/6 - Arrived at dealer
5/10 - Ready, picked up

You beat me.. ;) mine still in shipping, we ordered same day. Even if it arrives this week, can't get there till next weekend. No biggy but current ride is barely driveable.

6spdg37s

Reaction score
Same here. What state are you in?

On week 3 of it in kz status snd approved to ship, screwing up holiday plans now. Ram says they arent allowed to escalate until 8 weeks.

Thanks Ram. Ive moved from excited to ticked off. (I know others have waited much longer and first world problems and all). Just really annoying.

Im in NJ... but the truck is getting delivered to dealer in bronx,NY. yeah pretty much they said that its normal to the point of 8 weeks, actually i think someone told me 45 days now that i think about it and that this happens all the time , blah blah blah.

ill be honest though there customer service people are very nice and friendly and there is never any wait to speak to them. They provide you with all the info that is provided to them, thats where the issue lies FCAs system and logistics strategy is the issue.

I also sold my truck based on how the order was progressing and what the dealer anticipated happening... I know thats my own fault, but thank god , my mother lent me here 2017 tahoe for now (need truck for work, boat and jet ski things)

MEL T

Reaction score
a link to my original post was told on 8 may that mine was in New Boston Mich. the factory shipped to there by rail. there is a huge storage yard there, so I guess its at the mercy of the shippers now. ordered 12 april and it was finished 5 May I have printed out window sticker and build sheet.

6spdg37s

Reaction score
FCA is the worst... there not sure where my truck is ... one rep said it made it NJ the other said there not allowed to provide me with that info to contact my dealer...

such ********...

ddjohns29

Reaction score
FCA is the worst... there not sure where my truck is ... one rep said it made it NJ the other said there not allowed to provide me with that info to contact my dealer...

such ********...

Did you call or use the chat? I've been reading posts of people having more success calling the customer service number.

Reaction score
Curious how long it generally takes a newly submitted order to receive a VIN and reach D1 status? At what point are changes to an order no longer allowed?

Glenn54

Reaction score
I checked today and they said it is in KZ status. They would not tell me where it is. She said I would have to check with the dealership. I guess I will just try to be patient.

See if they will tell you what specific KZ status its in or where its at. Mine showed KZLD for a couple of days but now just kz

ant0064

Reaction score
14 Days at D1. Does this seem normal?

Yeah mine was in D1 for a while then all of a sudden the build was complete within 2 days...I checked every day just because I wanted to get a feel for how the order process worked. D1 was the longest for me. Total time from order to pick up was 28 days.

ant0064

Reaction score
Curious how long it generally takes a newly submitted order to receive a VIN and reach D1 status? At what point are changes to an order no longer allowed?

VIN should be within a couple days, D1 should be shortly after that. I was at D within a couple days and D1 within about a week. Sat at D/D1 for about 2 weeks before it entered production.

Reaction score
VIN should be within a couple days, D1 should be shortly after that. I was at D within a couple days and D1 within about a week. Sat at D/D1 for about 2 weeks before it entered production.

Thanx. Big difference from my experience back in 2014 when it took weeks to have VIN assigned.

I placed an order with an out of town dealer Saturday morning. Over the weekend I started second guessing my color choice and called about 10:00 this morning to inquire about a change. I was told they had placed the order about an hour previously and it had been assigned a VIN, which he gave me, and it was in status D1 and no changes could be made.

This was so diverse from my first experience years ago I became a bit argumentative from disbelief and he doesn’t love me anymore.

Just trying to find out if he’s on the level or blowing smoke.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
I got a message from my dealership today, they said the factory released my truck. They think it should be on its way as soon as they can get is loaded on a truck. He said probably about a week. I think this is KZ status.

6spdg37s

Reaction score
Did you call or use the chat? I've been reading posts of people having more success calling the customer service number.
Both, def phone is more helpful. thats who told me its possibly in NJ which would be possible , but I also live in NJ so he could of read my own address lol, it has to go to dealer in the bronx.

so assuming its not in NJ my car has been in KZ for like 30+ days

ddjohns29

Reaction score
My truck is awaiting pickup in Ohio at the moment. So now I guess I'm stuck in the dreaded delivery limbo. Fingers crossed

6spdg37s

Reaction score
okay so I called customer service again and I got a really nice girl who actually knew what she was talking about and confirmed that the truck went from the factory to NJ... my guess is that it is in a holding yard somewhere and now a car carrier picks it up and moves it to the dealership in NY

Users who are viewing this thread