5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Yup, he just did this morning a few minutes ago. It's an estimated shipping date and not build date, but the estimated shipping is Feb 8, 2024.

Apparently this date represents the truck moving from the main plant to the body vendor (Mopar) site. He thought it could be another 3 - 5 weeks from Feb 8th until it's ready for pickup. Which would put it at the first or second week of March.

Seems my truck will be one of the very last '24s (w/ the Hemi) to roll down the line.
ship date is build date
it is code for being shipped off the assembly line.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
They are subtle changes, but there are quite a few. Front and back are only body changes, but a lot more in availabilities. Hands free self driving, phone as a key, center stack and console, driving modes, power extending mirrors, trailer hitch assist, massaging seats, higher level sound system, power open and close tailgate, and the fact no V8. It's a different truck.
imo still does not make it a 6th gen.

this place states it is only a facelift

seabaz

Reaction score
Well... it finally happened :) - production was scheduled on Jan-8-2023 (and just showed up in the ram tracker late last night.) I don't know the estimated build date yet, but hopefully this is the start of things happening.
Hell yeah! Not too far behind my truck in the queue. Soon my friend, soon...😁

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered my 2025 1500 Limited today. I am excited to see what it looks like when it arrives. Anyone else with 2025 orders and did you get any udpates? The sales person said that there was an exception on the limited and he said he didn't know exactly what it was. I have never ordered a car like this before so I don't know how long the wait will be. Anyone have any insight into the 2025 build times. 3 months..6moths?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered my 2025 1500 Limited today. I am excited to see what it looks like when it arrives. Anyone else with 2025 orders and did you get any udpates? The sales person said that there was an exception on the limited and he said he didn't know exactly what it was. I have never ordered a car like this before so I don't know how long the wait will be. Anyone have any insight into the 2025 build times. 3 months..6moths?
There's no telling how the 2025 model year will unfold. But I would advise you to have a fair amount of patience. Typically when a new model year starts, Ram puts a heavy focus on building dealer stock orders (so they can populate the lots with trucks). Usually, the early-adopter custom orders take a back seat to this. Unless you get lucky on the production lotto drawing, you might wait several months for yours to get built.

dcchris311

Reaction score
I also order a 2025 Ram back when the order bank opened up. I got my Ram order confirmation email on Sunday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111_095332_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240111_095332_Chrome.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 35

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's no telling how the 2025 model year will unfold. But I would advise you to have a fair amount of patience. Typically when a new model year starts, Ram puts a heavy focus on building dealer stock orders (so they can populate the lots with trucks). Usually, the early-adopter custom orders take a back seat to this. Unless you get lucky on the production lotto drawing, you might wait several months for yours to get built.
Thanks for your input. I am in no way expecting Ram to make this journey a quick one. I heard a different story from my dealer. They said they produce the custom builds before filling the dealer lots which I was surprised by as I thought it was the scenario you mentioned. Either way I am not as concerned about time as I am about getting something that is properly built.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I am in no way expecting Ram to make this journey a quick one. I heard a different story from my dealer. They said they produce the custom builds before filling the dealer lots which I was surprised by as I thought it was the scenario you mentioned. Either way I am not as concerned about time as I am about getting something that is properly built.
Yeah, dealers are apparently taught to say that - it's been the case for years. But in tracking daily production for the past 2-1/2 years, I've found that to be a pretty inaccurate statement. Don't get me wrong - it's not a black/white scenario. They build both at the same time. But any notion of pushing custom orders out before touching dealer stock orders is not true at all. Custom orders are a hit-and-miss thing. I've seen some orders get built within 2 weeks of placing it, whereas other orders have waited 6-8 months to get built. I'm sure there's a secret formula somewhere, but I haven't been able to figure it out. You'll see theories every day like, "mine must be on hold because they're short on Ramboxes" or whatever. But in every case, I can point to that day's production showing hundreds of trucks being produced with that particular part. I suspect the biggest factor in getting an order built is the dealer-to-factory relationship.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got my order confirmation via email 1/12/2024 and ordered it 1/11/2024 so only took a day. I still am unable to check it on the website Unfortunately.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
order confirmation only means the factory has it in a pile with hundreds of others
when you get a vin is when everything starts
Even the VIN doesn't mean much. I got my VIN long before the truck was scheduled. The confirmation is just that, confirmation that the truck order was accepted.

6of36

Reaction score
where in my post did I say soon?

having gone through 3 orders and waiting months I know how this works!
I'm just saying that the confirmation doesn't mean that much. They all get confirmed within a couple days after ordering. I mean we are getting near the end of production, so they have to be soon, but people have gotten confirmation, 9 months before production, in 22.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will there be someone creating a 2025 Ram tracking post? Just curious if there will be someone who’s able to track the 2025s. I assume post will pop up around 2/5.

6of36

Reaction score
Will there be someone creating a 2025 Ram tracking post? Just curious if there will be someone who’s able to track the 2025s. I assume post will pop up around 2/5.
It took a while after 24 production started, before any tracking started.

Users who are viewing this thread