5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
you got VINs yet? just askin. ;)
I truly don't understand what the "deal" is with the Canadian orders. If you look at the data, 21.18% of the total 2022 production has been for Canada. So it's not like y'all are red-headed step-children. You would think that a VIN assignment wouldn't be that hard.

truckless

Reaction score
I truly don't understand what the "deal" is with the Canadian orders. If you look at the data, 21.18% of the total 2022 production has been for Canada. So it's not like y'all are red-headed step-children. You would think that a VIN assignment wouldn't be that hard.

Yeah it is crazy. The last truck I ordered (a 2019 RAM 3500) took less time from order to delivery than this one has taken to even get a VIN.

If my wife and I weren't working from home I would be a little more "angry"....right now I am just anxious. I hate waiting.

reddog

Reaction score

reddog

Reaction score
Another fortunate one with a super quick turnaround despite having some of the supposed short stocked items. Congrats on the truck Reddog!
Thanks. We actually ordered it as a 2021 so I was surprised that it got changed to a 2022. It's gonna cost us more than our original build sheet so maybe they'll cut us some slack. I'm excited to get it.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
First time with ‘new’ status from Ram Chat. I was “awaiting parts” but now they are saying “all required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build anytime now.”

Anyone know what this message means?

myownstatus

Reaction score
First time with ‘new’ status from Ram Chat. I was “awaiting parts” but now they are saying “all required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build anytime now.”

Anyone know what this message means?
Sounds like D1 status...

D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

M02v8r

Reaction score
Finally got my VIN today! Added it to the tracker so I can hurry up and wait with everyone else! Just want to say thanks to all those providing the tracker!

Proud future owner of VIN 1C6SRFLT8NN214629!

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Sounds like D1 status...

D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
So D-1 is a big deal? Or could they slap it with a build date way out in the future or even move it? Curious what everyone else experienced. Thanks for replying.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
yes D-1 is a big deal and alone with your poc which will tell you the ship (build) date.
I’ve seen POC term before. What is that? Also I don’t see that I have a window sticker or build sheet yet so I won’t get too excited. What’s my next step? Call the dealer in a week once I have those 2?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen POC term before. What is that? Also I don’t see that I have a window sticker or build sheet yet so I won’t get too excited. What’s my next step? Call the dealer in a week once I have those 2?
Priced Order Confirmation. It's the printout that you should have gotten to confirm your order details. And after a VIN is assigned, you should ask for (and get) a fresh one showing your VIN and more details of what is included in the packages. It will look something like this (but with several more pages):

POC expanded 2021-11-11 - page 1.jpg

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Priced Order Confirmation. It's the printout that you should have gotten to confirm your order details. And after a VIN is assigned, you should ask for (and get) a fresh one showing your VIN and more details of what is included in the packages. It will look something like this (but with several more pages):

View attachment 112570
Wow I never asked for this. Just emailed my dealer. Let’s hope it’s all ordered like I had expected! Really hope this means I’m in my truck by Feb!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow I never asked for this. Just emailed my dealer. Let’s hope it’s all ordered like I had expected! Really hope this means I’m in my truck by Feb!
Make sure you ask for the detailed/expanded POC. It will list the sub-items. Should look like this for each of the packages.

POC expanded 2021-11-11 - page 2.jpg

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
BS what is provided when truck is built. WS is when it has passed inspection and getting ready to ship.

Brownan

Reaction score
Heard from dealer today that my Limited gets built next week. Ordered July 26th. This is a Patriot Blue w/ decal delete, chrome trailer mirrors, Level 1, body color bumpers, bed utility group, ORG and trailer tow group. 5.7 eTorque with 33 gal tank and 3.92. Never had a pick-up so excited to get it. Now to order a bed cover.

pinkerton

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes from ship date to receipt at the dealer? I purchased from Mark Dodge and my build is this week with a ship date of 12/9

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread