5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I had to guess they'd swap these orders to 2022 orders and give customers with 2021 orders the opportunity to convert to a 2022 without a price lock. As it is, any order is subject to the possibility of a price increase on the manufacturer side of things, which gets passed to the dealer and then to you.

My order paperwork states that in the fine print and also states that the customer can cancel the order.

bebrown1075

Reaction score
I curious to know what happened to any2021 models that were being built. Will they finish those now that they essentially closed it for another week?

Would they just finish it when they return as a 2021 model or change it to a 2022 model.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
If it is like a Ford plant.. when the last shift left for the day any vehicle still in production will be left at the station it was at. When the next shift reports the assembly process will start back up where it was left. My brother works at MAP where they build the Ranger and Bronco and that is how they do it. Units are left at various stages of assembly and started back up once production resumes. Since this is a parts shortage there could also be units that are built and stored waiting for the missing parts. Assembly plants are complex operations. If you ever get to the Detroit area I suggest going to the Ford Factory Tour at the Henry Ford Museum. You get to watch F150 production at Dearborn Truck from the catwalks above the plant. Everyone should get to visit an auto plant in their life. They are truly amazing.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished up with ram chat, they say my truck is now in shipping, yesterday it was at the vendors. So some things are still roiling at shap.
That's good to hear. But I'd see if your dealer says the same thing, just to make sure that Ram Chat is shooting you straight.

kbooth

Reaction score
My favorite rexxie color by far. Had a friend with one, always got a kick out of the little raised-fingers salute WRX drivers always seemed to give each other.

Just talked to a local dealership and have an appointment to look at a Crosstrek sport tomorrow, they named a very fair price for our '14 Ram and although they are at MSRP on the sale I'm willing to do it. The truck needs a sensor ($700) which they are aware of, and if we run in this year it also needs winter tires which will set us back at least $1200 (it got new all-seasons last summer). It's just not worth it to put that into a truck we don't plan to keep long-term.
World Rally Blue was the color on the 04 STi through 06 before they tweaked it and it was never quite the same….favorite car color ever….hence the affinity towards the hydro blue truck

brenan00

Reaction score
That's good to hear. But I'd see if your dealer says the same thing, just to make sure that Ram Chat is shooting you straight.
They have never told me anything that was untrue. Maybe some are not getting the answer they want or more verbose information than ram chat is giving. I have been in touch with my fleet sales guy, and he told me it would be going out this or next week, on Saturday after we heard about the shutdown. So the same answer. I hope wait is uneventful. This has gone much quicker than I expected. I had to be one of the last orders for 21, I placed my order on 5-5 last 6 815735. The fleet sale guy thought 5 to 6 months, which we thought cool, maybe there will be some end of year deals. Who knows if there will be any deals this year anyways. I get the truck possibly in 3 to 5 weeks. You seem to be one of the earlier 22’s give it 12 to 14 weeks, good luck.

Croaker

Reaction score
I also ordered a 2021 on 5/5. My dealer told me today that my ship date has been pushed out until August 3rd.

brenan00

Reaction score
I also ordered a 2021 on 5/5. My dealer told me today that my ship date has been pushed out until August 3rd.
I see that you were told 7-25 at some point, I was told 7-26 on Friday. Will it be held for two weeks before it gets on a train, maybe. I am sure my sales guy will let me know what’s he hears at the end of the week. Later

Croaker

Reaction score
No. No window sticker or build sheet.

“No records found corresponding to the VIN provided”

brenan00

Reaction score
No. No window sticker or build sheet.

“No records found corresponding to the VIN provided”
Try cryptosticker.net, my build sheet showed up there. It’s a Jeep site. It says it’s a Sahara but when I open it up it shows ram limited 4x2 for ten pages.

Fabman75

Reaction score

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same….”Sorry, a Window Sticker is unavailable for this VIN”
I only asked because I wasn't sure how the dealer could estimate a ship date when it hasn't been built. Maybe there's just a delay in generating these sheets and yours is built? Hopefully?

stembridge

Reaction score
My build sheet showed up 7/8, but it’s been radio silence since then. Aaron at Mark Dodge checked on Monday and said it’s in “I” status still. This would be at the Warren plant - no idea if they are also shut down…

EDIT: RAM chat sez Warren is shut down this week.

es

Last edited:

Croaker

Reaction score
I only asked because I wasn't sure how the dealer could estimate a ship date when it hasn't been built. Maybe there's just a delay in generating these sheets and yours is built? Hopefully?

I think if it was built, I would be able to generate a build sheet or window sticker?
I used another member’s VIN and was able to see his build sheet, so I know the link I am using works. I also know my VIN is valid because Ram Chat has reported progress using my VIN.
I just think they are falling behind schedule for various reasons.

I am patiently waiting while driving my 2016. My 2016 is running better and better…..

I think my truck doesn’t want to be sold.
☹️
🛻
😂

Fabman75

Reaction score
I think if it was built, I would be able to generate a build sheet or window sticker?
I used another member’s VIN and was able to see his build sheet, so I know the link I am using works. I also know my VIN is valid because Ram Chat has reported progress using my VIN.
I just think they are falling behind schedule for various reasons.

I am patiently waiting while driving my 2016. My 2016 is running better and better…..

I think my truck doesn’t want to be sold.
☹️
🛻
😂
You are correct, once truck is built and even before vendor add-ons/upgrades such as bed utility, spray in bedliner, side steps......etc. your build sheet will be available. In the next 1-3 days when truck is 100% and ready for shipment, your window sticker will be available.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
My birthday is in November so I guess getting my 2022 then would make a great present!
My wife ordered ordered my truck on the day before my birthday back in April. We are expecting to get the truck before the end of July but it may stretch into early August. The dealer told us that it would be July or August when we ordered so we can't really complain. We are currently in "shipping" but don't have a dealer ETA just yet.

I must say that I am quite impressed with how accurately our dealer estimated the time from order to delivery given all of the uncertainties in the current environment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread