5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Zeektacus

Reaction score
It's possible, but more likely on the lower trim levels w/less options. Which trim did you order?

Build sheet can be found here:

Window sticker here:

As for my 3.6.21 longhorn order, still hunting down parts! Really hoping for mine by June.
Ordered Leramie crew cab 4x4 6'4". Put the info in and I can see sticker & build sheet

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Yeah - that’s D. Basically the earliest stage once the order has been accepted. I was there for 45 days.
If I am reading it correctly though, about 20 days later you’re about to get your truck? It’s spent the majority of its life in D status?

space4092

Reaction score
That is true. D is a slog! The build only takes about 20-30 hours, I think. I’m sure they try to move them out as fast as they can after that

Yeah, I wish once the truck goes into D1 and you have been waiting forever in D, that your truck would be given priority since it took forever already.

However, does not seem that way at all. My truck was in D status for 8 weeks, moved into D1 on April 16, and has been there ever since. I don't get why Ram doesn't build a web interface where you can check everything yourself. This would cut the load on Ramcares by a lot.

Also, give some explanation of why it is that long in D status, waiting for parts/options? and if it related to an option that was selected for the built, why not have the ability to deselect it if I rather have quicker built.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best phone call i've gotten in a while, my truck finally arrived at the dealer today. Heading out first thing in the morning to go snag it!
giphy.gif

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long does it generally take from being assigned a VIN to delivery? I placed my order on Friday and got my VIN today, which is faster than I expected.
i am also waiting on my build! i call the dealer yesterday to see if i could they could give me a VIN or VON number so i could check on the status. i ordered on 4-13 and asked for the vin on 4-23. they did give me both numbers. my status is waiting on the part list to be filled. i am hoping this doesn't take to long. i also ordered the safety group and other things that might required computer chips which may delay the built due to the shortage. I am not sure if ram is seeing a shortage of chips, i did test drive GMC and Chevy and the salesman were pushing the shortage angle "hey we only have a few trucks no idea when we will get more" even though they had $4400 incentive. the ram was the best ride, best shifting tranny and best power in my opinion, not to mention the cab seemed to have better designed and layout. Chevys cab seemed very plain and dated, i felt like i was stepping back in time to my 90's s-10 blazer the had a video screen. ram put a lot of thought into the design like the extra storage etc. rear seat ipad holder extra charging ports. those little thing add up. i do have a family and planning pulling a camper so the convince of those things matter.

Users who are viewing this thread