5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

lilnohreaga

Reaction score
I picked it up on Thursday night! WAY ahead of schedule since once I hit KZ I was given a 3/1 train delivery date and then an estimate of 10-15 days to get to my dealership by truck! LOVE it! Only two hiccups.. first is the same as others have noted - the bed divider didn't come with the pieces used to attach it as a bed extender.. my dealer is checking on getting me those. The second is that there are defects in the bedliner. Bubbles under it where it didn't adhere correctly. They're checking with FCA on how/what to do about that too. To everyone waiting on your order - it's worth it!!!

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 39

Creep0321

Reaction score
I picked it up on Thursday night! WAY ahead of schedule since once I hit KZ I was given a 3/1 train delivery date and then an estimate of 10-15 days to get to my dealership by truck! LOVE it! Only two hiccups.. first is the same as others have noted - the bed divider didn't come with the pieces used to attach it as a bed extender.. my dealer is checking on getting me those. The second is that there are defects in the bedliner. Bubbles under it where it didn't adhere correctly. They're checking with FCA on how/what to do about that too. To everyone waiting on your order - it's worth it!!!
Pretty sure they came out and said those pieces to use the divider as an extender will no longer be delivered with new trucks. Something about a federal regulation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ good luck though, some people seem to have gotten them from their dealers.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Just chatted with RAM online again and it looks as though my truck just went into JB status on 3/3/2019.

dn325ci

Reaction score
Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Sport 4x4 5’7” Box
Sport Appearance Package
5.7L Hemi
Granite Crystal Metallic
Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group
Advanced Safety Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
Power Running Boards
Panoramic Sunroof
Anti-Spin Rear Differential
3.92 Axle Ratio
Trailer Brake Control

2/8/19 10:08AM EST Order entered at dealer
2/14/19 D1
2/18/19 D1
2/25/19 KZ and Window sticker + Build sheet showed up
3/2/19 Arrived at dealer in Ohio

Precisely 22 days between stepping into the dealer to order and the date truck is available at dealer for pickup. Wow that was fast! Unfortunately it took me by surprise and I’m out of town!
Replying to myself is bad form, but I did have the chance to pick the truck up on Saturday after all so I wanted to attach a picture. That made it 22 days from order to pickup - 3 weeks instead of the 6-8 forecasted. I have not owned an American brand since 1998. Color me impressed with the order process.

2019 Ram Granite 6.jpg

PaGregSS

Reaction score
Just got word my truck is built and waiting for transport. Not bad considering I ordered on 2/12.

enemjay

Reaction score
Does anyone know how or if I can track my order in Canada, other than going through my dealership? I tried RAM chat and they told me they can't track Canadian orders. Called FCA Customer Service in Canada and they told me they don't have access to the database.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Replying to myself is bad form, but I did have the chance to pick the truck up on Saturday after all so I wanted to attach a picture. That made it 22 days from order to pickup - 3 weeks instead of the 6-8 forecasted. I have not owned an American brand since 1998. Color me impressed with the order process.

View attachment 17736
Looks beautiful. Congrats again. Did you have the Etorque buy change? I was trying to order the same truck with all the interior upgrades plus the Etorque and Ram Boxes, I was told they they were not allowed to build that.. Something about weight..

dn325ci

Reaction score
Looks beautiful. Congrats again. Did you have the Etorque buy change? I was trying to order the same truck with all the interior upgrades plus the Etorque and Ram Boxes, I was told they they were not allowed to build that.. Something about weight..
No e-torque for me, nor ram boxes. I believe this approach may have been why my truck was built so fast!

Jeff270

Reaction score
OK, dumb question. How do you find out if/when the VIN is assigned?

dn325ci

Reaction score
Ramchat. Give them your VON from the dealer. Or the dealer can check for the VIN. Either way.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
D1 status! - in 1 week since the order was submitted. "Currently all of your parts have arrived, and your vehicle is scheduled for and awaiting assembly line work. Everything is moving along normally with this order, and I would suggest contacting back in next week for a possible update. "

How long were most of you in D1?

dn325ci - how long were you in D1 or from D1 until KZ? You seem to be the most recent in the production and would most closely show the current build flow.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
D1 status! - in 1 week since the order was submitted. "Currently all of your parts have arrived, and your vehicle is scheduled for and awaiting assembly line work. Everything is moving along normally with this order, and I would suggest contacting back in next week for a possible update. "

dn325ci - how long were you in D1 or from D1 until KZ? You seem to be the most recent in the production and would most closely show the current build flow.
8 Days for me

pjschwartz

Reaction score

I was in D1 for 9 days. I only ordered my truck on 2/15 and it is already built and awaiting shipping (KZ). Now the long wait to get it shipped to my dealer in Minnesota.

Keemosabe

Reaction score

8 days from order to D1, another 8 from D1 to KZ. Today is the 5th day in KZ

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Drove by the dealers lot and there it was. Had been there a while I guess. It has some road dirt inside and outside and has 45 miles on it. Dealer claims they just got it and nobody from their dealership drove it. I know my truck was audited after production, so maybe it was the plant test driving it in the audit. I will pick it up in a week or so when I am ready. Looks really nice to me.

Very nice. The floor is ticking me off and it's not even my truck. LOL

pjschwartz

Reaction score
Just got the KZ status from Ram Chat this morning :)

Congrats to you on that exciting update. Looks like you and I have been at about the same stage all along. My dealer just told me the ETA at the dealer is 3/14, but we will see.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Truck looks great. Nice interior choice and it looks great with the exterior color.
The dirty floor......guess I’m anal about stuff like that too. I never understand the fix it mentality vs. don’t mess it up in the first place! Anybody moving, testing, unloading should have a ready access to protective mats, covers etc so when they get removed or lost or just not functional anymore, there’s an easy solution. I’m sure the dealer will mak it right.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks...you as well.....Rebates look better this month than last. I ordered my truck on 2/14 and they gave me $3750.00 in rebates and said whatever else was available in March I'd get.

Users who are viewing this thread