5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Options not available on Rebels?

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
I'm mostly interested in Longhorns because I want a fully loaded truck and don't want the air suspension on the Limited, but with the arrival of some Rebel 12's (finally), I started looking to see if I could "option up" a Rebel.

It appears that you cannot get the Advanced Safety Group (quite a bit of cool tech), and you cannot get the twin panel roof - only an old fashioned "powered sun roof" on the Rebel. Am I missing other options?

Also, with the recent release of the "4x4 Off Road Package", is there any off road bits that are included in the Rebel that can't be added to the Longhorn? Is it just appearance at that point? Utility can be made the same?

Thanks.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear Ventilated seats and Advanced Safety are the only two missing from the Rebel 12... just wait, FCA in it's infinite wisdom will release the Rebel Ultimate soon, with all options, just to pi$$ off the Rebel 12 owners. Dual Pano roof is available, most of us have it in our Rebels.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm mostly interested in Longhorns because I want a fully loaded truck and don't want the air suspension on the Limited, but with the arrival of some Rebel 12's (finally), I started looking to see if I could "option up" a Rebel.

It appears that you cannot get the Advanced Safety Group (quite a bit of cool tech), and you cannot get the twin panel roof - only an old fashioned "powered sun roof" on the Rebel. Am I missing other options?

Also, with the recent release of the "4x4 Off Road Package", is there any off road bits that are included in the Rebel that can't be added to the Longhorn? Is it just appearance at that point? Utility can be made the same?

Thanks.
Make sure you pick crew cab. Pano roof is available in it.

Quad cab only has the regular sunroof.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Make sure you pick crew cab. Pano roof is available in it.

Quad cab only has the regular sunroof.

AH HA! That's it. I thought I was going nuts or the build site was broken (not impossible). That's the issue, no Pano in the Quad Cab build. (I didn't want the Quad, I just forgot to change that on the website since I normally look at Longhorns and Limited's that don't have a Quad option - and thus, nothing to select there.)

Ugh, these truck configurations really remind me of Scott Adams' bit on the "confusopoly" where truck manufacturers create so many different packages, requirements and exceptions that it makes it purposefully impossible to draw accurate comparisons and become a knowledgeable buyer.

Any ideas on the "new" 4x4 Off Road package VS the Rebel in terms of capabilities?

The Off Road Group includes: OWL Tires, E-Locker, Front HD Shock absorbers, Front skid plate, Fuel tank skid, Full size spare, Hill descent, Decals (Hurray!), Rear HD Shock absorbers, Steering gear skid, transfer case skid.

That's pretty much everything, isn't it?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A Laramie Sport appearance ORG is a Rebel with different wheels/tires and grille/bumpers and all the options.

I am torn between a Rebel or a Laramie Sport ORG...but I need a 2500 so it isn't keeping me awake at night...most nights;)

Kidder

Reaction score
A Laramie Sport appearance ORG is a Rebel with different wheels/tires and grille/bumpers and all the options.

I am torn between a Rebel or a Laramie Sport ORG...but I need a 2500 so it isn't keeping me awake at night...most nights;)
The Rebel has a different transfer case, I believe. It doesn't have the 4wd Auto option. The Laramie ORG does have 4wd Auto.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Rebel has a different transfer case, I believe. It doesn't have the 4wd Auto option. The Laramie ORG does have 4wd Auto.
Yes it does have a different transfer case. The same one as the tradesman. And the shocks are different.
So if you want auto 4wd, keep in mind the Rebel doesnt have it.

And a Laramie canhave bench seat a Rebel doesn't.

Obviously the interior is completely different and the Ram head badge vs RAM on the tailgate.

lambone

Reaction score
Plus the rear seats in the rebel crew cab don't recline

This was a big kicker for me. Having the seats recline is crucial for the kids getting to sleep on long road trips.

The second deal breaker for me was the lack of available Crew Cabs with a 6’4” bed. Maybe you can order one but non of the dealerships anywhere near me had one.

Last edited:

flyingpoint

Reaction score
This was a big kicker for me. Having the seats recline is crucial for the kids getting to sleep on long road trips.

The second deal breaker for me was the lack of available Crew Cabs with a 6’4” bed. Maybe you can order one but non of the dealerships anywhere near me had one.
That is the only reason I pass on the Rebel.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, they finally gave the Rebel the quad cab option...but no option for Crew with 6'4 bed...another thing I also would want...but for whatever reason, not available...odd

Users who are viewing this thread