5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on the upcoming EV Ram?

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not interested in an Electric Pick-up for "green reasons", I drive 200 miles a day and I would save much money with an electric pick-up as long as it had a decent range. I want the room that a Crew Cab 1500 gives me that is why I don't go with a Tesla or a Mustang. I reserved a Ford F-150 but got an email saying I won't be getting one in 2022

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wondn’t mind seeing that red rendering become a reality. I couldn’t imagine an EV will have trx sized tires though, unless Ram is trying to make people hate EV’s when they’re getting 20mpge

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am not interested in an Electric Pick-up for "green reasons", I drive 200 miles a day and I would save much money with an electric pick-up as long as it had a decent range. I want the room that a Crew Cab 1500 gives me that is why I don't go with a Tesla or a Mustang. I reserved a Ford F-150 but got an email saying I won't be getting one in 2022
You obviously forgot to include a Benjamin when you reserved it. :ROFLMAO:

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You obviously forgot to include a Benjamin when you reserved it. :ROFLMAO:
That, and I made the mistake of picking a small, local dealer as my servicing dealer. That dealer only got allocated 1 Lightning for 2022. Majority of production also went to states like California that have crazy strict EPA rules

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm open to one. There are many truck owners that literally never tow anything so that is not a concern. If I were to take a road trip which is very rare for me I'd just rent an ICE for a week. I love the thought of nightly charging at home and never having to stop at a gas station once a week to fill up. That and never having to go in for an oil change or other ICE related maintenance issues makes an electric option very attractive. Still loving my hemi power Limited for now though.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm open to one. There are many truck owners that literally never tow anything so that is not a concern. If I were to take a road trip which is very rare for me I'd just rent an ICE for a week. I love the thought of nightly charging at home and never having to stop at a gas station once a week to fill up. That and never having to go in for an oil change or other ICE related maintenance issues makes an electric option very attractive. Still loving my hemi power Limited for now though.
I wish I only had to stop once a week to fill-up.....

Buckys

Reaction score
I am anxious to see what PHEV brings us in the truck market.

I don't think pure EV is the answer ... and that's ok.

I'm the sort of person that would love to have a Tesla and my Ram truck. The Tesla is wicked quick. The truck has a totally different role in my life.

If a PHEV truck could get me to work and back using little to no gas and could tow with reasonably efficiently, now we're talking.

Getting from Keystone, CO back to Dallas, TX on one 33gal tank of diesel was nice last Christmas. So far, that is the best answer I've found.

Users who are viewing this thread