5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on New vs Used pricing or deals

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So i went to the ram site to start seeing the options I would want my ideal truck to be built with. After I’m done and i go to print the build sheet specs it comes out with pics nd a description. Not like the ones i have seen posted here. Are the build sheets i see posted here from the ram site or from a dealer?

I assume your referring to this? These are customer order build sheets from the dealer.

A5CDAD79-6AF9-46B2-AA63-09F6D448BDFF.png

Chuck19

Reaction score
I assume your referring to this? These are customer order build sheets from the dealer.

View attachment 83682
Yes sir that is what i am looking for. So i will have to get with a dealer when i am ready to order for that particular sheet. Just curious, if you care to share what are you expecting your final OTD price to be? I am seeing some dealers on their websites taking 10-12k off MSRP in their current inventory. Just curious i they are doing that as well on factory orders

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sir that is what i am looking for. So i will have to get with a dealer when i am ready to order for that particular sheet. Just curious, if you care to share what are you expecting your final OTD price to be? I am seeing some dealers on their websites taking 10-12k off MSRP in their current inventory. Just curious i they are doing that as well on factory orders

The best out there is 7% off invoice but requires dealer financing. Otherwise my dealer posted above is 6% off invoice, which is ~13% off MSRP. If you add in typical $3k Laramie rebates that would bring you to 18% off MSRP or ~ $11,500 off MSRP

Watch the fine print in those advertisements, most dealers apply every known rebate available that you won’t necessarily qualify for

What the doc fee too, my dealer is $209 but some are $800 to make up the margin

Chuck19

Reaction score
The best out there is 7% off invoice but requires dealer financing. Otherwise my dealer posted above is 6% off invoice, which is ~13% off MSRP. If you add in typical $3k Laramie rebates that would bring you to 18% off MSRP or ~ $11,500 off MSRP

Watch the fine print in those advertisements, most dealers apply every known rebate available that you won’t necessarily qualify for

What the doc fee too, my dealer is $209 but some are $800 to make up the margin
Thanks for the information. I think i am going to dive into this process this weekend and send out my build specs from the ram website to several dealers to see what i can get started with some price shopping

Users who are viewing this thread