5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on bed liners

Royal27

Reaction score
I went with the linex, but I wish I had at least considered the bedrug based on what I'm reading here and how I will use it, which won't be super heavy duty.

A note to consider is this too. The cheap little plastic covers where the bed lights go (assuming you don't have the lights) don't fit back in right after the spray on. To make matters worse water will come down through the stake pocket cover holes. After I got my Tonneau cover (also linex) I thought the cover was leaking, but it was those holes.

The linex dealer kinda shrugged their shoulders and didn't know what to do other than bull rings. So I siliconed the covers in myself, which they should have done, and have covers for the stake pocket holes on order now, at one third of the cost of the bull rings.

Live and learn!

Sho-Nuff

Reaction score
I loved my 7 years of Bedrug in my 2011 and am getting one for the '19 soon. I just picked up my vacuum cleaner and pushed it around the rug for 60 seconds. Spotless.

molonlabe

Reaction score
What happens to your bedrug after it rains? Does it hold water and stay damp for a long time?

RebelMike

Reaction score
What happens to your bedrug after it rains? Does it hold water and stay damp for a long time?

Water drains through it. I too have mine under a tonneau cover, but every time I have hosed mine out, it is dry within a few hours. If I leave it open to dry in the sun, it's no time at all.

nellaad24

Reaction score
Mine is going in Weds for a Line-X. Had it in my 2500 and in the year and a half we had it, it didn't fade in the AZ sun and the truck didn't get any garage time. The bedliner debate will always rage on IMHO but it boils down to personal preference.

So how did you decide what was best for you?

Troop2865

Reaction score
I was on the fence between a spray in liner and the Bedrug. I had pretty much decided to go spray in. After reading the comments above, I ordered a Bedrug. I got it today and will install tomorrow.

S

Smashy71

I was on the fence between a spray in liner and the Bedrug. I had pretty much decided to go spray in. After reading the comments above, I ordered a Bedrug. I got it today and will install tomorrow.

I’ve had the bedrug in mine and I wish my last truck had it. I will always have one from now on.

Brobee

Reaction score
I may have to check out this bed rug thing. The first truck that I invested in a spray in liner, I vowed never to do anything but that. May last 2 trucks have had it, and that was the very first and most important aftermarket "mod" that I had done to my 2019 RAM. Didn't get the factory, so got the first available appointment at our local Rhino dealer.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I got the Impact Liner and love it! Fits great and looks good. 6FBA4203-9B0A-419C-9DD3-616056EA4158.jpeg 6FBA4203-9B0A-419C-9DD3-616056EA4158.jpeg

Caseyclan2017

Reaction score
The be drug looks great. I’ve always had spray in liners in my previous trucks. I’ve had drop in liners, too but was told that there was big risk of rusting underneath the liner due to wet.

Are you able to still have access to the tie down hooks when using the bed Rug? I don’t see them in the pic and seems like that would be a big deficit if you couldn’t use them.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The be drug looks great. I’ve always had spray in liners in my previous trucks. I’ve had drop in liners, too but was told that there was big risk of rusting underneath the liner due to wet.

Are you able to still have access to the tie down hooks when using the bed Rug? I don’t see them in the pic and seems like that would be a big deficit if you couldn’t use them.

Yes. Cut a slit in the liner when you install it and the tie downs poke thru.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Have a 2013 Avalanche that is being traded on my just ordered Crew Limited.
Have had a BedRug in it since new. Awesome product. Nearly indestructible, makes the bed interior look finished, stuff doesn’t slide around, sweep/vac/wash out easily. I’m NOT happy that BedRug does not have a comparable version to fit my short bed with RamBox. And per the manufacturer no plan to have one anytime soon. It is avail for the non RamBox bed. Easier on the knees too if you have to crawl around in bed at all. IMHO it’s an awesome product. Have had and used it for 6 years still in great shape. Granted I don’t haul mulch, or a lot of dirty stuff but if you want to class up the interior of the bed on a “lux truck” especially with a tonneau, get it! Just took that pic a week ago. Not when first installed. B49A24C5-4722-4E7F-9622-3A7E7668D6A9.jpeg

Caseyclan2017

Reaction score
Looks great and I imagine would provide some noise insulation as well.

Wouldn’t curing slits in it to accommodate tie down hooks void the warranty?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great and I imagine would provide some noise insulation as well.

Wouldn’t curing slits in it to accommodate tie down hooks void the warranty?

On the F150 you have to cut through it to screw in the 4 tie down system cleats, in two years I never had an issue. Similar to the above poster, it looked new when I took it out of the F150 and sold it.

That being said, it wouldn't even fit in the bed properly if you didn't cut the slits for the tie downs to fit thru.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

4A9DC5BB-FEA1-4706-B6BE-62BA8597A723.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online