5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on bed liners

justintx

Reaction score
I previously had an Avalanche for 10 years which had a rubber bed liner. I was thinking of getting a rug type bed liner for my new Ram and was wondering if anyone had opinions/recommendations between BedRug, Husky, or others.
Thanks in advance!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had 2 spray ins and 1 BedRug. I'm waiting for the Bedrug to be released for the 2019 Ram....loved the BedRug!

jamesfg

Reaction score
Mine is going in Weds for a Line-X. Had it in my 2500 and in the year and a half we had it, it didn't fade in the AZ sun and the truck didn't get any garage time. The bedliner debate will always rage on IMHO but it boils down to personal preference.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had 2 spray ins and 1 BedRug. I'm waiting for the Bedrug to be released for the 2019 Ram....loved the BedRug!
Can you add to your comment @firecadet613 about the Bedrug, and describe what you like about them?

I’m interested and the soft surface seems like a cool idea if you crawl up there or carry things that might get dinged up, but if not covered I worry the felt looking material would get dirty and nasty in the weather or with leaves/birds etc. Spray-in can be hosed off.

Agitated

Reaction score
I haul too many dirty things and go to the beach in OBX far too often to use a bedrug. The Line-X is easily sprayed out, but the trade off is things tend to slide around easier.

I've seen the bedrug can be hosed off too, but I'm not sure how it compares to the amount of effort to clean.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Bedrug is much more durable than you'd think. I've had 4 trucks with them including a 3500 dually. Carried all kinds of stuff, dirty and clean. Just let whatever the debris was dry up and broom out. Easy to use a pressure washer to deep clean. Never stained. Putting the mat in once released.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I need to ask a dumb question. For those that have the spray in liner, what extra benefit other the "cushioning" do you get from adding a bedrug over the type of the spray in liner?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The BedRug is easier to clean than the spray in. Over the years, I've had a Line-X, a Ford OEM spray in and then a BedRug. My issues with the spray in, is you can pressure wash but they never come spotless clean without scrubbing. Hard on the knee's, will scratch up furniture with the rough texture, etc. But they are durable - I've never had one fail or lift up.

The BedRug has 3/4" or so of padding under it and is VERY soft on the knee's. I'm not old by any means, but it is a lot more comfortable than a spray in. Drop the tailgate and climb in the bed with the kids to watch fireworks - no comparison.

As @Jus Cruisin said, it cleans easily. It's not a carpet, but a plastic fiber rug. Shop vac it out or head to the local DIY carwash and pressure wash it out. It'll come clean and nothing damages it. It dries easy. The past few trucks I've had a soft cover and on and with the BedRug, which has a piece connected to the tailgate - no water, dust, debris get in my bed. For under $400 and the ability to pull it out when you trade/sell your truck, it's a no brainer. I paid $350 for the BedRug in my 2016 F160 and got $250 for it when I traded that truck. I've found a vendor for $335 shipped for the 2019 Ram....just waiting for it to get released.

Or you can pay the extra $$$ and wait a few days when your truck is built and get the spray in from the factory or lose a day and take it to a local place to have it done (hope they don't scratch up your new truck). The BedRug self installs via velcro in an hour or so.

Just my 2 cents...if I hauled dirt or other debris daily I may have a different mindset. But, maybe not. BedRug doesn't allow stuff to fall in the gap between the bed and the tailgate - that gap is covered!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I need to ask a dumb question. For those that have the spray in liner, what extra benefit other the "cushioning" do you get from adding a bedrug over the type of the spray in liner?

FWIW, I've never had both in the same truck. First Line-X was in a 2006 Ram that I had added. 2014 F150 I bought off the lot had the factory spray in and I didn't consider a BedRug with that...I was already out the $$$ for the spray in.

RT70808

Reaction score
The BedRug is easier to clean than the spray in. Over the years, I've had a Line-X, a Ford OEM spray in and then a BedRug. My issues with the spray in, is you can pressure wash but they never come spotless clean without scrubbing. Hard on the knee's, will scratch up furniture with the rough texture, etc. But they are durable - I've never had one fail or lift up.

The BedRug has 3/4" or so of padding under it and is VERY soft on the knee's. I'm not old by any means, but it is a lot more comfortable than a spray in. Drop the tailgate and climb in the bed with the kids to watch fireworks - no comparison.

As @Jus Cruisin said, it cleans easily. It's not a carpet, but a plastic fiber rug. Shop vac it out or head to the local DIY carwash and pressure wash it out. It'll come clean and nothing damages it. It dries easy. The past few trucks I've had a soft cover and on and with the BedRug, which has a piece connected to the tailgate - no water, dust, debris get in my bed. For under $400 and the ability to pull it out when you trade/sell your truck, it's a no brainer. I paid $350 for the BedRug in my 2016 F160 and got $250 for it when I traded that truck. I've found a vendor for $335 shipped for the 2019 Ram....just waiting for it to get released.

Or you can pay the extra $$$ and wait a few days when your truck is built and get the spray in from the factory or lose a day and take it to a local place to have it done (hope they don't scratch up your new truck). The BedRug self installs via velcro in an hour or so.

Just my 2 cents...if I hauled dirt or other debris daily I may have a different mindset. But, maybe not. BedRug doesn't allow stuff to fall in the gap between the bed and the tailgate - that gap is covered!
Sounds like my shopping list is getting longer. Going to go with the Mopar trifold and a bedrug even thou I have the factory spray in. Aside from the Home Depot trips (picked up 20 bags of river rocks for drainage the other day). My main use will probably be fishing trip items; Yeti, Plano box with fishing camp supplies, luggage, extra tackle and one of my fishing buddies seems to bring everything but the kitchen sink. I will probably also install the bed rails and the sliding divider.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Everything pretty much stays put and doesn't slide around. Quiet when driving with the stuff not banging around in the metal or spray in liner bed.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like my shopping list is getting longer. Going to go with the Mopar trifold and a bedrug even thou I have the factory spray in. Aside from the Home Depot trips (picked up 20 bags of river rocks for drainage the other day). My main use will probably be fishing trip items; Yeti, Plano box with fishing camp supplies, luggage, extra tackle and one of my fishing buddies seems to bring everything but the kitchen sink. I will probably also install the bed rails and the sliding divider.

Check out the Truxedo Truxport before you buy the Mopar trifold. If you're going for a soft cover, it cannot be beat if you ask me!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Good luck on the rails...let me know if you actually find them as no where I can find currently as them available in stock. The divider yes, the rails no.

1532953496361.png

justintx

Reaction score
I think I'm going to do pretty much the same... Mopar (hard folding 82215227AB), BedRug (probably just mat, not sides), and bed rails. Also looking at Undercover Swing Case SC302D (something else to add to your list).

Brandon

Reaction score
I think it all comes down to personal preference. I still love the plastic drop-ins as they are very durable in my experience and easy to clean.

The spray in is also great (gravel won't scratch it and if you have anything heavy in it that you're sliding in or out, it doesn't do any damage at all.

A long time ago, I had leftover basement carpet on top of a plastic bed liner. It was great as nothing slid around back there and it was easy to crawl in, but it looked funny as hell.

Kidder

Reaction score
My dad had a bedrug in his GMC along with tonneau cover with hydraulic arms. He was very happy with that configuration. It did prevent things from sliding around.

I prefer a spray-in liner but it's all personal preference.

jamesfg

Reaction score
My issues with the spray in, is you can pressure wash but they never come spotless clean without scrubbing. Hard on the knees........But they are durable - I've never had one fail or lift up.

That has gotta be the truest statement ever. Crawling up on a sprayed in bedliner'd tailgate is unfathomable pain on the knees.

K9_Bullet

Reaction score

Ok, you convinced me, I will be getting a BedRug. Can you tell us where you are getting it for $335?

Users who are viewing this thread