5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on bed liners

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a 2013 Avalanche that is being traded on my just ordered Crew Limited.
Have had a BedRug in it since new. Awesome product. Nearly indestructible, makes the bed interior look finished, stuff doesn’t slide around, sweep/vac/wash out easily. I’m NOT happy that BedRug does not have a comparable version to fit my short bed with RamBox. And per the manufacturer no plan to have one anytime soon. It is avail for the non RamBox bed. Easier on the knees too if you have to crawl around in bed at all. IMHO it’s an awesome product. Have had and used it for 6 years still in great shape. Granted I don’t haul mulch, or a lot of dirty stuff but if you want to class up the interior of the bed on a “lux truck” especially with a tonneau, get it! Just took that pic a week ago. Not when first installed. View attachment 16416
We must be twins! I am shopping now for a Limited with Rambox. Will probably factory order as I cannot find any LTD 5'7" vox with Rambox around. I am also trading in a '13 Avalanche Black Diamond Peal White. Love it! but need higher towing as my 31' travel trailer works it. Would love to talk and pick your brain.

What options did you factory order?
How much did you get it for?
Delivery Date?
What did you get for your Avalanche? Mine is in mint condition. KBB said $24,500.

And yes, the heavy rubber mat in the Avalanche was awesome and high quality. You cannot find something like that for Ramboxes?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do the rails and the divider help for grocery bags? Sol they won’t be rolling everywhere?

Sorry I can't answer that...I actually never purchased them as I've found plenty of room in the backseat for that stuff currently

Keemosabe

Reaction score
We must be twins! I am shopping now for a Limited with Rambox. Will probably factory order as I cannot find any LTD 5'7" vox with Rambox around. I am also trading in a '13 Avalanche Black Diamond Peal White. Love it! but need higher towing as my 31' travel trailer works it. Would love to talk and pick your brain.

What options did you factory order?
How much did you get it for?
Delivery Date?
What did you get for your Avalanche? Mine is in mint condition. KBB said $24,500.

And yes, the heavy rubber mat in the Avalanche was awesome and high quality. You cannot find something like that for Ramboxes?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hey! The Avy has been an awesome vehicle. Kinda hate to part with it, but it’s time. I checked GMC, Chevy and was unimpressed. The new Ram styling and features sold me and the reviews seem good too. So, I jumped!
I spec’d the truck for order because as you say not many available w/RamBox.
So I ordered:
Limited 4X4, Ivory ext, Indigo/Frost int, 5.7 L V8 non-etorq, RamBox, Bed Utility group, level 1 equip, pano sunroof, 22” wheels. I don’t tow, so no tow package.
MSRP 68335
Minus 5858 discount
Minus 1250
I also have a USAA certificate for 1000
And was told the 1250 discount could go to 2500 if that incentive lasts till my truck comes in.
Sight unseen dealer offered 21400 for my Avy. He hasn’t seen it yet, heading over there next week for a better #. It’s pretty clean, just under 80K, interior is perfect. Looks and drives outstanding. So I’ll know better next week on the trade in.
They tell me 6-8 was. I checked via Ram Chat today and it’s D1 status - all parts etc avail and ready to build “shortly”. So that’s precisely vague! Lol
Meanwhile I’m researching a tonneau, so far liking the BakFlip MX4 or the Revolver.
Unfortunately BedRug does not make a carpet liner for the RamBox configuration nor does Husky. Maybe coming????

Caseyclan2017

Reaction score
I really liked the bed rug and purchased one. Can’t wait to get it installed. Question: for those of you who have one, can’t this be installed in bed without a tonneau cover? I haven’t ordered a tonneau yet but want to get the bed rug installed because of how clean it looks. However I don’t want to take a risk of it blowing out or getting damaged without a tonneau to protect it. Thoughts?

1guyandtools

Reaction score
I have had mats, bedrugs and spray in liners. They all work good depending on your usage. I like having a topper but do not like crawling up and into the bed to retrieve all my stuff. So I installed a bedslide a few trucks back and really love it. This one is a Cargoglide CG1000XL and going into the new ram. I heard the truck hit the ground yesterday at the dealer, so out it came last night. Bed slide.jpg

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really liked the bed rug and purchased one. Can’t wait to get it installed. Question: for those of you who have one, can’t this be installed in bed without a tonneau cover? I haven’t ordered a tonneau yet but want to get the bed rug installed because of how clean it looks. However I don’t want to take a risk of it blowing out or getting damaged without a tonneau to protect it. Thoughts?
Yes it can. I don't have a tonneau cover. No chance it will blow out! And it is very durable.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had mats, bedrugs and spray in liners. They all work good depending on your usage. I like having a topper but do not like crawling up and into the bed to retrieve all my stuff. So I installed a bedslide a few trucks back and really love it. This one is a Cargoglide CG1000XL and going into the new ram. I heard the truck hit the ground yesterday at the dealer, so out it came last night. View attachment 17405
I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking about a bed slide. Aipac 250lb generators in my short bed which I like to keep in front of the wheels for better weight distribution along with firewood and other supplies when camping on the beach. We pull a 31 foot travel trailer. My question for you is is your bed slide for a short bed? If so how far out does it slide and how much is still inside the truck? I know a quarter of it has to stay in the truck so I'm just concerned about five foot seven in bed with two feet is still inside the truck and another 2 or so feet on the tailgate how much does it really help out?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What about rain and snow - does it hold the wet?
Nope. Its made for outdoor use and meant to get wet. Water drains through it. Mine is the impact liner so the bed floor is composite, and the sidewalls are "carpet", but even the regular bedrug is made for outdoor use. They're very well made. You will like it.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. Its made for outdoor use and meant to get wet. Water drains through it. Mine is the impact liner so the bed floor is composite, and the sidewalls are "carpet", but even the regular bedrug is made for outdoor use. They're very well made. You will like it.
Another positive is that the bed floor is flat, so after i wash it, I wet vac the water out so it doesn't all rush out of the tailgate when i drive away leaving water spots all over the freshly washed and dried bumper.

Caseyclan2017

Reaction score
I haven’t opened the box yet but is installation cumbersome? Any drilling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Easy as pie. No drilling. Attaches using hook & loop (velcro). I laid mine out on the floor overnight to flatten it a bit before I installed it. Make sure you wash the bed, then wipe with alcohol first. Not sure where you are located, but make sure its at least 50 degrees or you might not get good adhesion. It was freezing out when I did mine so I ran two space heaters in the bed for about an hour before I started. I havent had any issues.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had a Bedrug in a Ram 3500 dually. No tonneau /cap. Sat outside all the time here in Florida. Looked nearly new 2 years later. It did fade a little from the Florida extreme sun. As long as the velcro is properly installed it'll never move. Washed it out with my pressure washer every few months. Also used the shop vac to clean it, too.

Drewsky510

Reaction score
I was about to go in for a Line-X bed liner (ordered a Diamondback SE cover and waiting for that to come in) but this thread has changed my mind. Now the only question remains, should I order the impact bed liner or the full bedliner?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Impact Liner is pretty nice. Never had a regular one so I cannot compare it. It fits good, the floor is rugged, but still easier on the knees compared to a spray in or traditional drop-in. I think you will like it.

Drewsky510

Reaction score
Impact Liner is pretty nice. Never had a regular one so I cannot compare it. It fits good, the floor is rugged, but still easier on the knees compared to a spray in or traditional drop-in. I think you will like it.
Thanks! I went ahead and ordered and will get it installed before my Diamondback cover comes in! I'm pumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/