5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OPINIONS : Mopar 2" lift kit

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
you can tell, As some of the people i talk to its one of the most tasteful lifts out there for real usability with out being overly big or hard to live with day to day. and great for the trails which are a near weekly hit for us

Murdered-hemi

Reaction score
I may have to do this, call around to different dealers instead of relying on my local dealer. Do you have the name of the dealer you got yours from?
Hunter dodge/Lancaster California had another kit in stock. They will even honor the e store price which is cheaper than retail. I paid $1177

cervelo15

Reaction score
Hunter dodge/Lancaster California had another kit in stock. They will even honor the e store price which is cheaper than retail. I paid $1177
I actually paid $1200 when I ordered my kit back in April through the dealership. They discounted it from $1500, and I wasn’t going to ask any questions.

Im just curious why some people were getting it so fast and people like me had to wait months to get it. Do distributors favor one dealer over another or fill orders in a favorable fashion?

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
Some dealers have them on order allready, other do get faster priority depending on volume

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Love the ride and looks of mine. I did swap to orp springs in front. Still rides great!
41ba1985af132ea5615697658717e9d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

cervelo15

Reaction score
So let me pose this question to you guys: I have the Mopar lift kit, a set of ORP springs for the front and a set of Icon 1.5” springs for the rear. Will this be an issue installing ORP springs out front and the icons in the back? In theory it will be .5” rake. That I’m not concerned about.

what I am concerned about is the Mopar kit not working with the ORP springs and the icon springs out back. Has anyone upgrade their spring s to ORG springs all around and install this kit?

thanks for your help!

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
So let me pose this question to you guys: I have the Mopar lift kit, a set of ORP springs for the front and a set of Icon 1.5” springs for the rear. Will this be an issue installing ORP springs out front and the icons in the back? In theory it will be .5” rake. That I’m not concerned about.

what I am concerned about is the Mopar kit not working with the ORP springs and the icon springs out back. Has anyone upgrade their spring s to ORG springs all around and install this kit?

thanks for your help!
your solid it will be more like a 2.5 ish in front and Im looking at adding the icons to my rear

uhmeebuh

Reaction score
How’s the kit when towing? Need a stronger rear spring or just longer for the lift?

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
How heavy are you towing? I’m pretty level with our lil 6k camper. I still want the icon spring since I’m loading the bed up with gear and need it to handle the recoil a bit better once I get my pintle fabbed up

uhmeebuh

Reaction score
It’ll be about 6k pounds all loaded up but, like you, will have a couple hundred in the bed and my family in the cab. Been considering the teraflex but would like the factory stuff and warranty if possible.

JMO1974

Reaction score
My dealer is telling me if I install the 2" Mopar lift, I'll want wheels with some offset and larger tires than the current stock Laramie tires (I have 20" stock wheels now). For those of you who have installed the 2" Mopar lift, have you needed to change the wheels and tires?

jlasma

Reaction score
My dealer is telling me if I install the 2" Mopar lift, I'll want wheels with some offset and larger tires than the current stock Laramie tires (I have 20" stock wheels now). For those of you who have installed the 2" Mopar lift, have you needed to change the wheels and tires?
I have a Mopar 2 inch lift with factory rims, tires are 35 x 12.50 and while having headers installed they noticed the strut wearing on the tires, so had to get spacers. So far so good, make sure you check!

Attachments

• A6053C0D-EA98-4EB7-9512-EBB42A639026.jpeg
    A6053C0D-EA98-4EB7-9512-EBB42A639026.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 3A7DA6C6-F548-4F49-9DFB-E20A92DED0F7.jpeg
    3A7DA6C6-F548-4F49-9DFB-E20A92DED0F7.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 138

TriSum

Reaction score
Well update: I just got don't Installing the 2" Mopar lift and took the truck to get aligned. Install was super easy and I am very pleased with the quality. The drive over to the alignment shop, I was very impressed!! It rides better than the stock setup. Here is before and after picture. Kinda of hard to tell the difference but it's there. Thanks for you guys opinions. It made the choice even easier.
What size wheels and tires? Looks good!

cervelo15

Reaction score
Got mine done Wednesday. Since I wanter it perfectly level, opted not to put the rear spacers in. Love the way it rides and its shining spot is railroad tracks and speed bumps.
300B6E66-FD7A-4A04-978A-4C2FE0337654.jpeg
This meant I might have to go down a tire size, but I’m just looking for a good all terrain tire that’s gonna fill out the wheel wells. Tire shopping this week.

Attachments

• FBBC4077-4F9B-4341-BC91-DC038AA3857F.jpeg
    FBBC4077-4F9B-4341-BC91-DC038AA3857F.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread