5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only black interiors for 2022s

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Glenn54

Reaction score
I didn't know the 4x4s were taller than the 4x2s

This makes me very angry as I was planning to seriously consider a 2022 model, and I will NOT get a black leather interior in Texas. Period. I'd rather have cloth.
I don't want black anything in this Texas heat. The lighter interior color was one of the reasons I special ordered the 2019 Laramie. Limiting to a black only interior is a DUMB idea. I can't imagine 95% of buyers wanting black either.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't want black anything in this Texas heat. The lighter interior color was one of the reasons I special ordered the 2019 Laramie. Limiting to a black only interior is a DUMB idea. I can't imagine 95% of buyers wanting black either.
Highly doubt they’ll limit it, it’s just an ordering thing before they start production issue. Or they’ll do it like the longhorn, 2 interiors but 1 is only available on the 10th anniversary; possible they’ll do that.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Highly doubt they’ll limit it, it’s just an ordering thing before they start production issue. Or they’ll do it like the longhorn, 2 interiors but 1 is only available on the 10th anniversary; possible they’ll do that.
I think it will be like the Longhorn. Unfortunately I am going to bite the bullet and get the package. I'm going to be in the running for less then half ton payload, half ton truck.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
So went to a dealer today to test drive an Ecodiesel. Really liked it.

Bad news.

Had the dealer build a 2022 for me just to see what their price would be. They said to get the Indigo/Sea Salt (Yep, that is the name. I'm guessing they maybe changed the Frost?????) they not only have to add the 10th Anniversary Edition at $2150, but they also had to add the Limited Level 1 group at $3000!!!!!!! What. The. ****. I don't want any of those things, and the speaker system and ventilated rear seats are already supposed to be included in the 10th Anniversary Edition. So you get to buy that crap twice. I was willing to spring for the $2100. No way on the additional $3000.

I wonder what the new Tundra looks like inside....

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Bad news.

Had the dealer build a 2022 for me just to see what their price would be. They said to get the Indigo/Sea Salt (Yep, that is the name. I'm guessing they maybe changed the Frost?????) they not only have to add the 10th Anniversary Edition at $2150, but they also had to add the Limited Level 1 group at $3000!!!!!!! What. The. ****. I don't want any of those things, and the speaker system and ventilated rear seats are already supposed to be included in the 10th Anniversary Edition. So you get to buy that crap twice. I was willing to spring for the $2100. No way on the additional $3000.

My offer still stands :sneaky:
and oooo Sea Salt...

TRUCK 17.jpg
Interior 1.jpg

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Bad news.

Pay for it twice? And the new indigo is only in the limited trim?

monkeypunch

Reaction score
He means some options in that package overlap with the other package. It was only ever in the Limited, but now the 10th Anniversary, it may only be on that package with a new variation (sea salt).
Yep. The speakers and ventilated rear seats are on both packages. It doesn't make sense. Hopefully that dealer was just being difficult. But, I don't have a good feeling about it.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 2014 and 2019 Big Horn both with black interiors and gray seat covers and liked that look, recently moved to a Laramie with Black interior but realized on a Laramie the black interior has a light beige headliner which is different from the Big Horns and Limiteds which are all black. Looking through the terms it is interesting to do the 360 view and see how different they all are.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you able to get the black interior with the 10th Anniversary package on a Limited or is the salty indigo the only option?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You guys are all a bunch of whiners :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I love my all black interiors!!! 😁😁😁

Seriously though, it's not really worth getting worked up about anything until the orders for 2022 models fully open up. A lot of this still seems to be speculation. If you think this is bad, the wife is trying to place an order for a 2022 JCW Mini Cooper. The closest dealership is almost 300 miles away. Their online configurator is glitchy, and getting information out of their sales reps is kind of a joke. Oh, and there's a 6 to 8 month lead time on them. I tried talking her into something else but she's adamant about getting this car.

Users who are viewing this thread