5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only black interiors for 2022s

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Trying to order a 2022 Limited and was told black is the only interior color option. No Indigo Frost. WTF RAM. Anyone hear any different?

Update: Apparently you can get the Indigo/Frost, but only if you get the eTorque AND 10th Anniversary Package. The 10th Anniversary package looks like a giant waste of money too. Jeweled Rotary Shifter.... really??

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
You can have any color you want as long as it's black. 😁
It's rather infuriating. Could only find 2021s on lots with options I want in black. Go to order an Indigo 2021, and they weren't taking orders anymore. Now no Idigo. Why would they do this? Black is hot and boring.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you know if this is only for the Limited, or is it the same on other trim levels too?

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Do you know if this is only for the Limited, or is it the same on other trim levels too?
Not sure yet. Only asked about the Limited. She said the 2500 is being offered with an Indigo interior if you get the night edition. Which is opposite too. You couldn't get the indigo with the night edition in anything! I'm happy they made it an option, because night edition plus indigo is sweet. But, it's not being offered in the 1500 for whatever reason. I don't want to give up the bigger cabin and massive sunroof in the 1500 either.

Edit: Gonna follow up this post too. She tried to print a order with a 2500 Night Edition and Indigo Interior. It selected on the screen, but wouldn't print. It printed as a Black interior. Sounds like it would go through the system like that too, regardless of what she selected. 1500 here we coooooome.

Last edited:

jastevenson

Reaction score
My impression is that 95% of people preferred the black interior (I like Indigo too, but I think we're in the minority, and it admittedly doesn't wear as well).

So Ram isn't losing much by scrapping it.

BNeal

Reaction score
Yea, in retrospect, I'm not sure I would do the indigo thing again. I am constantly having to clean the drivers seat to keep the blue stain down to a minimum. Love the looks, but it's kind of a PIA to keep clean. And if you let it get away from you, it won't ever come clean.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Yea, in retrospect, I'm not sure I would do the indigo thing again. I am constantly having to clean the drivers seat to keep the blue stain down to a minimum. Love the looks, but it's kind of a PIA to keep clean. And if you let it get away from you, it won't ever come clean.
Interesting. Does the staining come from your clothes/jeans, or bleed from the ink on the blue part of the seat? Any problems with staining clothes (wife's white pants are a concern)?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Does the staining come from your clothes/jeans, or bleed from the ink on the blue part of the seat? Any problems with staining clothes (wife's white pants are a concern)?
Since that interior has come out, it’s specifically blue jeans with cheap dye that transfer to the seats. I rarely wear jeans so not a problem here with mine yet.

Zogg44

Reaction score
This makes me very angry as I was planning to seriously consider a 2022 model, and I will NOT get a black leather interior in Texas. Period. I'd rather have cloth.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This makes me very angry as I was planning to seriously consider a 2022 model, and I will NOT get a black leather interior in Texas. Period. I'd rather have cloth.
It's just currently, wait till production starts and the build and price is up. Hopefully next month.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My impression is that 95% of people preferred the black interior (I like Indigo too, but I think we're in the minority, and it admittedly doesn't wear as well).

So Ram isn't losing much by scrapping it.

Disagree, I have 18000 miles on mine and it looks brand new. It's wearing very well.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I ceramic coated my seats/leather surfaces and have had zero problems or staining

20200725_115337.jpg

20200725_115811.jpg

I vacuum the seats and wipe them down with a damp towel maybe once a month and then a light dusting of gyeon leather coat.

Last edited:

BNeal

Reaction score
Jeans only. No problem from the seats themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online