5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only black interiors for 2022s

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I love it
My wife and I do as well. After much beer and many thinkings, I think we are going to stay with the 1500 over 2500, even though this 1500 will cost as much as if not more then the 2500, just to get the Indigo interior with the bigger cab. I HATE paying the extra $2100 + whatever the price of the eTorque is, for a bunch of features (and weight) I don't want. @Royalist_Ram how are you liking the EcoDiesel? I am spending so much at this point, and apparently being forced into the eTorque I don't want, I am considering getting the diesel just for the resale and novelty of never owning a diesel before. I am coming from a 2016 WRX, so this vehicle is going to be just a minor change..... Looking at a Limited 6'4", ORG, 3.92 gear (I may stick with he 3.21 if I go 5.7 Hemi), pano sunroof, body colored bumpers, 33 gallon tank with the 10th Anniversary Limited package being forced on me. (MFT, apparently controversial HK sound, jeweled shifter lol, center mounted bed step, ventilated rear seats to cool the kids car seats, a bright pedal kit which I think are just metal pedals, a suede headliner and "quilted seats"). I looked up a similar VIN build, and it had a payload capacity of 1163 lbs. Ouch. Thanks in advance!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife and I do as well. After much beer and many thinkings, I think we are going to stay with the 1500 over 2500, even though this 1500 will cost as much as if not more then the 2500, just to get the Indigo interior with the bigger cab. I HATE paying the extra $2100 + whatever the price of the eTorque is, for a bunch of features (and weight) I don't want. @Royalist_Ram how are you liking the EcoDiesel? I am spending so much at this point, and apparently being forced into the eTorque I don't want, I am considering getting the diesel just for the resale and novelty of never owning a diesel before. I am coming from a 2016 WRX, so this vehicle is going to be just a minor change..... Looking at a Limited 6'4", ORG, 3.92 gear (I may stick with he 3.21 if I go 5.7 Hemi), pano sunroof, body colored bumpers, 33 gallon tank with the 10th Anniversary Limited package being forced on me. (MFT, apparently controversial HK sound, jeweled shifter lol, center mounted bed step, ventilated rear seats to cool the kids car seats, a bright pedal kit which I think are just metal pedals, a suede headliner and "quilted seats"). I looked up a similar VIN build, and it had a payload capacity of 1163 lbs. Ouch. Thanks in advance!
I can't wait to see how the 10th anniversary looks and I love mine, EcoDiesel is awesome; maintenance is expensive though, but I get most of that **** for free for the first 10 oil changes from Stellantis.

My Ram.jpg

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I can't wait to see how the 10th anniversary looks and I love mine, EcoDiesel is awesome; maintenance is expensive though, but I get most of that **** for free for the first 10 oil changes from Stellantis.

View attachment 97263
Great looking truck! Got a coupon code for the free mx?? You can PM me :ROFLMAO:

I have not seen a picture of the 10th Anny Indigo interior, so I am super nervous ordering. But, I am guessing it is the same color combo as the 2021's, but maybe with some more detail stitching on the seats. My 2 year old is gonna be bougie AF :ROFLMAO:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trying to order a 2022 Limited and was told black is the only interior color option. No Indigo Frost. WTF RAM. Anyone hear any different?

Update: Apparently you can get the Indigo/Frost, but only if you get the eTorque AND 10th Anniversary Package. The 10th Anniversary package looks like a giant waste of money too. Jeweled Rotary Shifter.... really??
Can I have your shifter?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great looking truck! Got a coupon code for the free mx?? You can PM me :ROFLMAO:

I have not seen a picture of the 10th Anny Indigo interior, so I am super nervous ordering. But, I am guessing it is the same color combo as the 2021's, but maybe with some more detail stitching on the seats. My 2 year old is gonna be bougie AF :ROFLMAO:
Yeah just wait till the build and price is visible would be my advice. I love quilted stitching.

And they gifted it to me cuz my truck was in inspection for 32 days lol.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I probably would have gotten the indigo frost in mine if it was an option with night edition.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I probably would have gotten the indigo frost in mine if it was an option with night edition.
I think they would sell a lot more Indigo if they offered it with the Night Edition. Chrome just isn't attractive to the modern buyer.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they would sell a lot more Indigo if they offered it with the Night Edition. Chrome just isn't attractive to the modern buyer.
There’s a Patriot blue chrome around town and my wife saw that and liked it, but I think the black and blue without the sun glint is going to be sweeter. I feel that with the Patriot blue, the indigo frost would have gone very well

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Yeah just wait till the build and price is visible would be my advice. I love quilted stitching.

And they gifted it to me cuz my truck was in inspection for 32 days lol.
That is actually good advice. Unfortunately I am not only impatient, but I sold my WRX to carman for way more then what should be allowed, and am driving a 2008 Chevy double cab right now. So I am thinking I am gonna be the test subject. I guess the worst case scenario is if I hate what comes out, I am out the deposit.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
There’s a Patriot blue chrome around town and my wife saw that and liked it, but I think the black and blue without the sun glint is going to be sweeter. I feel that with the Patriot blue, the indigo frost would have gone very well
I think we will be doing the Max Steel color. And almost anything without the chrome is better!!!!!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is actually good advice. Unfortunately I am not only impatient, but I sold my WRX to carman for way more then what should be allowed, and am driving a 2008 Chevy double cab right now. So I am thinking I am gonna be the test subject. I guess the worst case scenario is if I hate what comes out, I am out the deposit.
Well the other issue is, if you order now, you may not be able to pick all the packages you want, say compared to a month or 2 from now. That's the whole point of this thread. Of course they're gonna have more than black for the limited, but just wait to see (maybe its just for the 10th ann.). Often times you won't be able to pick a certain option for a little bit of time, for whatever reason. If I'm ordering a truck, I want to get everything I want; otherwise I'd just get a dealer lot car.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I think they'd sell more if they simply put it in more trucks.
When I was searching, Indigo/Frost was extremely hard to find or rare.
I found trucks optioned the way I wanted but black interior everywhere but there were only about 10-12 indigo Frost trucks in any configuration in Texas and the adjoining states almost all of last year.

My feeling is that it wasn't popular among buyers so FCA didn't produce many.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie has the Canyon Brown interior with light colored, leather seat bolsters. I do get blue dye transfer from my jeans, but I clean that area regularly. I wouldn't trade for black if I did it again just for that problem and lose the rest of the stunning Canyon Brown interior.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052404 miles.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think they'd sell more if they simply put it in more trucks.
When I was searching, Indigo/Frost was extremely hard to find or rare.
I found trucks optioned the way I wanted but black interior everywhere but there were only about 10-12 indigo Frost trucks in any configuration in Texas and the adjoining states almost all of last year.

My feeling is that it wasn't popular among buyers so FCA didn't produce many.
Yeah I didn’t even know it was an option because none of the dealers near me had it and I was always selecting the night package

LouNY

Reaction score
I kind of like the blue with the light colored interior;
front.jpg interior.jpg rear.jpg

It took several months to find mine it has the 5.7 in it I'm missing my eco-diesel but no diesels were showing up in the Laramie and above with the light colored interior. The gray interiors are kind of bla and I just don't like the black interiors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online