5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official thread for pictures of Ram towing campers

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
We just picked this up friday driving 1000 miles round trip. Truck pulled it fine, but I need to install my timbergrove bags before I pull it again.

Attachments

• camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 318
  • camper2.jpg
    camper2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 346
  • camper3.jpg
    camper3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 346
  • camper4.jpg
    camper4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 296
  • camper6.jpg
    camper6.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 253
  • camper7.jpg
    camper7.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 242
  • camper8.jpg
    camper8.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 228
  • camper10.jpg
    camper10.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 218
  • camper11.jpg
    camper11.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 223
  • camper12.jpg
    camper12.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 251

BigEarl62

Reaction score
I also have the 3.21 rear axle. So this is good feed back.

I will definitely get the rear camera. I hated being blind with the RV that I rented this weekend.

I'm also looking at the hitch with a weight distribution system.

One more question for you. Do you have air shock system or just stock shocks in the rear end?
Just the std coil springs. I am considering getting the timber grove air bags.

1936BJohndeere

Reaction score
Just made a round trip from Central Illinois to Western Ohio. 22 foot trailer, total package weighs 9,500 lbs. Installed Timbren suspension helpers, used a WD hitch and had about 1,100 lbs tongue weight. Pulled pretty good and averaged about 9 mpg for the trip.

Hemi, eTorque and 3.92 rear gear

IMG_5960[1].JPG

bpwj76

Reaction score
You cheated the stabilizers are already down on the RV so we don't get to see the rear end squat. :p
Haha! Yeah, I thought about that when selecting that pic to submit here. However, they are just barely touching the pads. So what you see is the squat. I have Air Lift 1000 airbags at 35psi and a ProPride 3P hitch. Rear-end squat is only 3/4".

fxdrider

Reaction score
What are your weights on that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Factory says empty 6002 lb, GVWR 7600. Haven't had it weighed yet. Have only towed tanks-empty so far. Using a Fastway E2 Trunnion hitch(weight distributing) and have replaced the factory jounce bumpers with Timbrens.
I will say, the RV dealer that installed the hitch did NOT adjust it correctly - and it was a ride to remember getting this thing home! Once home, I dismantled the hitch and reassembled/readjusted according to the factory manual and it pulls like a dream now by comparison.

834k3r

Reaction score
Just made a round trip from Central Illinois to Western Ohio. 22 foot trailer, total package weighs 9,500 lbs. Installed Timbren suspension helpers, used a WD hitch and had about 1,100 lbs tongue weight. Pulled pretty good and averaged about 9 mpg for the trip.

Hemi, eTorque and 3.92 rear gear

View attachment 95450
Slightly OT, but that's the exact Ram that I wanted before I got mine. That's the best color of the BTS versions, if you ask me.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

blakei

Reaction score
Factory says empty 6002 lb, GVWR 7600. Haven't had it weighed yet. Have only towed tanks-empty so far. Using a Fastway E2 Trunnion hitch(weight distributing) and have replaced the factory jounce bumpers with Timbrens.
I will say, the RV dealer that installed the hitch did NOT adjust it correctly - and it was a ride to remember getting this thing home! Once home, I dismantled the hitch and reassembled/readjusted according to the factory manual and it pulls like a dream now by comparison.
Nice! Yeah, my dealer did a poor job with the WDH and I did the same thing you did. Much better now.

bucolic

Reaction score
We just picked this up friday driving 1000 miles round trip. Truck pulled it fine, but I need to install my timbergrove bags before I pull it again.
Pretty unique-looking rig there!

Holy hitch weight though! 4970 dry weight with a 1310 hitch weight? The hitch weight alone exceeds my payload!

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Jayco 28BHS. 7000 lbs dry, about 8000 lbs loaded. Box is 28’, hitch to bumper about 32’.

dd8c3c187ace7f7b2ee0d3150af14948.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very similar to my setup and I’m also building an over tonneau bike rack this weekend. Have a pack and play door for shoving bikes I to the back of the trailer, but hate it, so going a different route. Hoping to have the setup pictures on Canada Day long weekend.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
Pretty unique-looking rig there!

Holy hitch weight though! 4970 dry weight with a 1310 hitch weight? The hitch weight alone exceeds my payload

Once I load my side by side on it, it'll balance out some of that tongue weight. Then my airbags will help as soon as I install them.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s cool, Glacier makes those now for the RV fish house rigs. You can haul your toy and then they actually have ice holes on the patio so you can sit outside and fish too if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread